OK, you might remember this thread, http://forum.saiga-1...=1

with this story, http://www.cleveland...d_russia_s.html

And as Paul Harvey is famous for saying, "Now You Know... The rest of the Story."

RUSSIAN NAVY CAPTURES SOMALIAN PIRATES

Я Ñ�ама была такою 300 лет тому назад... - "Ð'ез Ñ�уда и Ñ�ледÑ�тви Ñ�". Смотрите, девочки.

This videotape shows Russian Navy commandos on a Somalian pirate ship shortly after the pirates had captured a Russian oil tanker.

The Euro Union navy that patrols these waters would not interfere because they feared there could be casualties.

All explanations are in Russian with a single exception of when a wounded pirate says something in English and the Russian soldier says "This is not a fishing boat.".

All conversations between the commandos are in Russian. If you don't understand Russian, the pictures speak for themselves.

The soldiers freed their compatriots and the tanker.

The Russian Navy Commandos moved the pirates back to their own (pirate) ship, searched the pirate ship for weapons and explosives, and then they left the ship and exploded it with all remaining pirates hand-cuffed to it.

The commandos sank the pirate ship along with the pirates and without any court proceedings, lawyers etc.

That is, they used the anti-piracy laws of the 18th and 19th centuries where the captain of the rescuing ship has the right to decide what to do with the pirates.

Usually, they were hung.

I would think from now on, Russian ships will not be targets for Somalian pirates.

Just to add a little more to "the story"

While the pirates are on the Russian ship, kneeling down handcuffed. On the radio you can hear some one as how many Arabs are in the group. And a short time later to separate the Arabs from the Somalis. It seems that while all were pirates, the only ones that went BOOM were the Somalis! Russians might have an agreement with Arab countries to turn over any Arab pirates they find.

Edited by Arik

I don't know what the substantive Russian law for pirates is but international law gives universal prescriptive jurisdiction for certain crimes, one of which is piracy. What that means is that according to international law the Russians can apply whatever their substantive law is to pirates. Thus if their law allows for them to execute them then it would jive with international law (at least in that regard).

I hate it when they say that America is weak and won't deal with these pirates as needed.

Our ROE are dictated by people who want to stop the pirates but don't want to hurt anyone doing it. All the time, the pirate wouldn't think twice about putting a bullet between your eyes.

I think the Russians sent a clear message to the pirates. Board a Russian vessel and you die. Plain and simple.

Until the Somalis figure that out, this kind of crap will continue.

Fact is the schmucks making the ROEs don't give a fuck about how the taxpayer's dollar is spent.

Lets waste millions of dollars on capturing, room/board & medical, transport, legal & court costs, incarceration and when all is said and done, deportation.

The Pirates have no right to any of our Constitutional/BoR Rights, nor to a due process/trial in our Court System, they are not US Citizens, they are not in the US, they are Pirates on the High Seas... Kill them on sight.

But no, all the bleeding heart pussies cry about their economic woes driving them to this, how its not fair... yada yada yada... Bullshit.

America as a whole, has become weak, we deserve what we elect to represent us, to make our laws, to decide the ROEs.

The Pirates did threaten retaliations after this. They pointed out that they have not been hurting their captive and said that they would execute every Russian that they get their hands on from then on. I just hope that no Russian citizens get their heads chopped off with a rusty knife because of this.

Edited by SpetsnazGRU

The Pirates did threaten retaliations after this. They pointed out that they have not been hurting their captive and said that they would execute every Russian that they get their hands on from then on. I just hope that no Russian citizens get their heads chopped off with a rusty knife because of this.

Did they have some sort of pirate meeting and vote on that? I mean how does that work. Why don't they just file a law suit for a dangerous work environment..:lolol: