+ 2 mag extensions for the S-12!

In development right now. My gunsmith is working on a prototype that will slide in place of the floorplate, using 3" shells, and extend capacity to 7rnds on a 5 rounder (8 if you shave the follower down)

My question is this: How many would people buy, what would you pay, etc... We are thinking of 40.00 per extension plus shipping.

Feedback? Thoughts?

In development right now. My gunsmith is working on a prototype that will slide in place of the floorplate, using 3" shells, and extend capacity to 7rnds on a 5 rounder (8 if you shave the follower down)

My question is this: How many would people buy, what would you pay, etc... We are thinking of 40.00 per extension plus shipping.

Feedback? Thoughts?

Sounds great, he would need to make a new spring too so that would give us two more US made parts right? Sign me up for 3 of them. 5-rounders are like $50 each + $40 = $90 for an eight-rounder. A steal for sure.

Although I think that 40.00 is too high I would buy a couple. 

Think of Glock +2's at 10.00 for two vs Saiga +2's at 80.00 for two...

What Mad Dog said.

I would buy one or two at that price but I would buy a ton of them if the price was around $10-$15 each.

Pricing shouldn't exceed $30 apiece; any more than that and you're getting into 5rd mag territory. This will be especially true if/when mags are imported again and prices start to come down.

You mention "using 3" shells"... will the extensions work with 2-3/4"? If not, I have no use for them.

Look forward to seeing pics of the prototype!

Thanks for the feedback guys.. we are still in the design phase right now, but it seems pretty doable. I'll post some pics here as soon as we get a prototype done, and I torture test it ( june heat in georgia is a bi*ch) and also, we are looking to test them with 2 3/4" shells as well, but are not so sure about them...we ARE trying however, as that is mainly what I shoot. :)

so 30$ seems more reasonable? I'll mention that to him...maybe 40 IS a bit high....if this works out, we had better make a bunch of em...they are sure to go quick!

Later!

B26 :super:

Edited by Bravo 26

Feedback? Thoughts?

Sounds awesome, i'd take four of them,,,but let me tell you something,,, +2 is great,,,,but +5,,,,,, and now we're talking,,,,

Hi Guys

Somehow I do not think that a gunsmith could make enough for us all.

Think about a gunsmith working on 10,000 mag extensions. This would be impossible.

When you think of the cost per hour of a gunsmith. Are we saying that you can make the extension within 1 hour or less?.

Question on glock +1 +2 extensions

Would not glock pump out mag extentions every 0.5 seconds on there machines?.

Stu

We came up with this idea in the shop last weekend. It seems pretty doable, and depending on how many he can crank out (with 3 assistants) we may have a reasonable supply of them. the Key is how long it takes to make one... he does not want to spend a ton of time on this project without knowing how much interest there is on the extensions, so I decided to post something up here to test the waters.

No plans for extensions for the 308 mags yet, but who knows..if the 12ga extensions pan out, maybe there will be some 308's down the road.

I will update when the first ones come out of production, and I have a chance to test them...

Your gunsmith first needs to realize that if he can't get the follower to run all the way down into the extension, it is not going to work. I already tried it using .020" sheet stock, and that extra .040" protruding into the interior of the existing mag ID will not allow the stock follower to get past it. Since the entire spring compresses inside of the existing follower legs, you cannot get any more rounds in the mag with the extension in place because the legs stop at the same position regardless whether the spring is down inside the extension.

Even if you were to narrow the follower, it would be difficult to get it to slide past the extension if it's side walls are sitting inboard of the main body. There would be nothing to hold the narrow follower dead center as it entered the narrower extension.

I am not some dip shit blowing smoke here. I thought it could be done too, designed it, built it, tried it, and realized I was wrong. It could probably be done if you were to groove the OUTSIDE of the magazine and slide on an extension on via the outboard perimeter of the magazine just as it is done on high capacity pistol magazines which are originally designed that way.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

Creator of all kinds of crazy gun shit.

For the amount of effort that has been put into modifying the follower, making a mag extension, gluing 2 mags together, cutting a mag in half and extending it, modifying a FAL/M14/G3 mag, and a bunch of other things that I don't know about, a 10 round mag could have been designed and built from scratch. And unlike these other ideas, it would actually work. :dollar::bag:

I would imagine that when cheap and plentiful mags do show up, and they will, it will either be by this method, or by an importer just getting a batch of Russian ones.

:smoke: