In Pakistan, Christianity(Blasphamy) Earns a Death Sentence

The truth about Coexist....(and our next shirt....)

Interesting how the bar for christians being no threat to the others seems to be set to "we're not actively murdering them yet". Am I to understand that if people were trying to legislate that christians weren't allowed to marry other christians, adopt children, participate in government-funded charity programs, get tax breaks for being non-profit religious organizations, or if there were an established industry promising to "cure" people of their christianity or people making continual unsubstantiated claims that christians were all child-molesting disease factories, you wouldn't consider any of that threatening at all?

Actually, it's almost funny in that this shirt says that Christians are peaceful and tolerant, but will be sold alongside shirts about Christian "Jihad", "Final Crusade" and offensive statements about non-believers. Oh the irony.

well, not like I'm secretly -1 people... It's what Liberals would call satire..... I call it capitalism.. another concept you probably can't understand....

Please make this an issue. :).....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry, I don't buy into the moral relativity that all religions can be carried too far, etc, etc. Some religions are good, some are bad. Any religion that has a holy leader calling for death of inno

No it's cool, we really don't have any bible thumpers here, so we don't have laws against alcohols.   Also I take your remarks about Kool-Aid to be a racist statement, we have many African American

Mohammed ain't got shit on a typical Catholic Priest. Most of those guys have seen more children's genitals than a pediatrician

Posted Images

I'm just surprised that the American Media did a story about religion that wasn't vilifying American Christianity and/or excusing/forgiving/ignoring the incredible human rights violations and atrocities of hardcore fundamentalist Islam.

Many on the Left believe that Christianity is a bigger threat to our nation than Islamic Terrorism.

That might have something to do with christianity actually having the power, influence and money to make policy here in the US while muslims, whether fanatic or not, can't even rent a building here without the whole thing turning into a clusterfuck. If my house is on fire, the cigarette smoldering in the ashtray is a negligible concern.

I can almost literally see the inflatable straw-man Christian stereotype that you have bent over your monitor and are pounding right now.

Gotta love the zealots, on both sides.

I can almost literally see the inflatable straw-man Christian stereotype that you have bent over your monitor and are pounding right now.

I don't like muslim fundamentalists or christian fundamentalists. But last I checked, it wasn't muslims or people made of straw getting defense-of-marriage laws and sharia bans passed. I tend to get a little skeptical when a group of fundies with enough juice to get one of theirs speaking at the last presidential inauguration tells me I need to beware of another group that can't even appear in public without mobs of people getting their panties in a twist.

I don't like muslim fundamentalists or christian fundamentalists. But last I checked, it wasn't muslims or people made of straw getting defense-of-marriage laws and sharia bans passed. I tend to get a little skeptical when a group of fundies with enough juice to get one of theirs speaking at the last presidential inauguration tells me I need to beware of another group that can't even appear in public without mobs of people getting their panties in a twist.

Well said, but what do you mean by that last sentence? Are you talking about gays? About Gay Pride marches and shit? Perhaps the Southern Decadence festival in New Orleans?

http://www.southerndecadence.com/

Gay fundamentalists, like all zealots, harm their rights with such displays. Admittedly, I have a skewed view. I'm on the Thurd Coast living in the Bible Belt, in what is the gayest city, per capita, in the nation (Houston). So the gays here don't smash crosses and crap. They don't typically cause an uproar and try to force acceptance (which, really let's be honest, is just trying to get a rise out of those not comfortable with dudes fucking dudes in the ass) of a behavior that is truly best left in the bedroom with all the various other kinks that we have.

What they do is become heads of corporations, of hospitals. They become incredible productive career people and even mayor of this city. They live, and work, and produce, and keep their bedroom activities behind closed doors like everyone else.

Thing about Christianity (which you alluded is "burning" the country down): Some may not like gays. Many may see marriage as a religious and biological institution between two breeding partners. I don't really see it that way, but whatever. Fundamentalist Islam publicly murders homosexuals, and it's a closed-minded zealous fucktard that could ever equate the two.

IMHO.

• Like 1
Well said, but what do you mean by that last sentence? Are you talking about gays? About Gay Pride marches and shit? Perhaps the Southern Decadence festival in New Orleans?

http://www.southerndecadence.com/

Gay fundamentalists, like all zealots, harm their rights with such displays. Admittedly, I have a skewed view. I'm on the Thurd Coast living in the Bible Belt, in what is the gayest city, per capita, in the nation (Houston). So the gays here don't smash crosses and crap. They don't typically cause an uproar and try to force acceptance (which, really let's be honest, is just trying to get a rise out of those not comfortable with dudes fucking dudes in the ass) of a behavior that is truly best left in the bedroom with all the various other kinks that we have.

What they do is become heads of corporations, of hospitals. They become incredible productive career people and even mayor of this city. They live, and work, and produce, and keep their bedroom activities behind closed doors like everyone else.

Thing about Christianity (which you alluded is "burning" the country down): Some may not like gays. Many may see marriage as a religious and biological institution between two breeding partners. I don't really see it that way, but whatever. Fundamentalist Islam publicly murders homosexuals, and it's a closed-minded zealous fucktard that could ever equate the two.

IMHO.

Oh absolutely Lee. And if all American gun owners just put aside the scary black rifles and stopped wearing t-shirts with aggressive slogans on them, the professional anti-gun morons will just dry up and blow away. Obviously American gun culture is just about trying to get a rise out of people who don't like EBRs.

Suddenly that line of logic doesn't make a whole lot of sense does it?

And I'm not implying it's burning the country down. I'm outright saying it's a bigger problem than some halfwitted fanatics who barely have enough clout to rent office space without people thinking that the global caliphate will be here tomorrow.

Also, you are correct that there is currently no state policy of murdering homosexuals like Saudi Arabia. That's a pretty fucking low bar for acceptable, "At least you're not being summarily executed". Once again, I have to turn the analogy on its head and ask you if the state of our ridiculous and byzantine firearms laws suddenly become okay with you because at least we're not like Japan. Plus, you might want to have a look at some of the people who've been involved with helping Uganda come up with their state policy of life imprisonment and death for homosexuals (hint: they're not muslims).

• Like 1

You have the Right to be offended by other americans. I can only hope I offend some people!

+1 Jugs. Why can't people just get offended and leave it at that. No, we gotta try and make laws and censor those

who happen to offend our way of thinking. Whole planet is getting pretty boring.

Oh absolutely Lee. And if all American gun owners just put aside the scary black rifles and stopped wearing t-shirts with aggressive slogans on them, the professional anti-gun morons will just dry up and blow away. Obviously American gun culture is just about trying to get a rise out of people who don't like EBRs.

For too many people, that IS the case, and you know it, and it makes us look bad. Hell, this whole fucking board is dedicated to pissing anti-gunners off in our own little echo-chamber of 12 gauge AK badassitude. Juggernaut has a thriving fucking business based on that (not hatin, just saying. Like some of the shirts, Juggs).

Suddenly that line of logic doesn't make a whole lot of sense does it?

Many of the lines in your post don't. :haha:

And I'm not implying it's burning the country down. I'm outright saying it's a bigger problem than some halfwitted fanatics who barely have enough clout to rent office space without people thinking that the global caliphate will be here tomorrow.

OK listen: I get the gay thing. Hell, I get all the past atrocities committed by Christians (similar to all the past atrocities committed by atheist societies, but with less spirituality I suppose), but what.......what specifically (besides Gay Marriage) is under some withering assault by some vast Christian Right Wing seeking to enact some totalitarian theocracy here? I'm not saying that it's not causing problems, what I am saying is that I think you're fucking mental to believe that it's a bigger problem than Islamic Jihad (or rather: our crippling overreaction to it. Death by a thousand cuts FTW).

Also, you are correct that there is currently no state policy of murdering homosexuals like Saudi Arabia. That's a pretty fucking low bar for acceptable, "At least you're not being summarily executed".

I don't just love this statement, I *heart* it. Hell I less-than-3 it, even. Low bar? I guess you're right. I look forward to the day that gays can build lives, careers, fortunes, and can even hold high and powerful public office in America.

*taps foot*

Wait, what? Oh yay! That day's been here for years!

Once again, I have to turn the analogy on its head and ask you if the state of our ridiculous and byzantine firearms laws suddenly become okay with you because at least we're not like Japan.

No. This is The World. Nothing is "okay". Nothing will ever be "okay" for everyone. It's the nature of Nature. But our firearms laws are most certainly and without reservation "okay" with me when compared to Japan and many other places in the world. Using some PERSPECTIVE, I am quite happy with that. Otherwise I'd just nitpick things to death and become a bitter asshole about it (I am aware that I am, in fact, a bitter asshole anyway).

Plus, you might want to have a look at some of the people who've been involved with helping Uganda come up with their state policy of life imprisonment and death for homosexuals (hint: they're not muslims).

I don't have to. As an average Conservative Christian American, we are all by nature personally and heavily involved crafting oppressive foreign policy in third-world nations. What do you think we do on Sunday mornings? No seriously WHAT. THE. FUCK is that even all about?

If this was too juvenile, insulting, or over the top I'd be happy to dial it back and continue with a more rational discussion if you please. Otherwise feel free to grab a handful of orangutan shit and go all Thunderdome right back at me. :D

I find that a decent internet pissing contest good for the soul every once in a while.

The major flaw in the "all religions are equally bad" argument is that Islam is doing atrocities NOW,

and the commonly listed Christian atrocities were more than 500 years ago.

Christianity has had a reformation. Islam has not.

Jesus preached the word and was peaceful and was murdered for His works.

Mohammad killed thousands and MARRIED A SIX YEAR OLD GIRL! How in the fuck is that ever ok?

• Like 1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religions_by_country

Do some home work.

Three people.

Me (Sly), A muslim, and Hunter of skulls are standing in a room.

I say "God is GREAT!"

The muslim says "Allah Akbar!"

Hunter of skulls says "OH SHIT@" :cryss::lolol:

What do you drink? I'd love to have some.

Sorry classy, its illegal where you are, but your welcome here anytime. :super: You leave that kool-aid where you are though.

Edited by Sly
  • Like 1

Sorry classy, its illegal where you are, but your welcome here anytime. :super: You leave that kool-aid where you are though.

No it's cool, we really don't have any bible thumpers here, so we don't have laws against alcohols.

Also I take your remarks about Kool-Aid to be a racist statement, we have many African Americans here and I assure you Kool-Aid is not as widely accepted among them as your stereotype would assume.

What's next, you want me to leave the watermelon here too?

Edited by Classy Kalashnikov

No it's cool, we really don't have any bible thumpers here, so we don't have laws against alcohols.

Also I take your remarks about Kool-Aid to be a racist statement, we have many African Americans here and I assure you Kool-Aid is not as widely accepted among them as your stereotype would assume.

Is that some new form of liberal dis-info? :lolol:

• Like 1

are you fucking kidding me?

Look man, I got nothing against you, but this just makes you look ignorant and grasping. Theres NOTHING racist in the kool-aid statement except a projected wounded knee injecting feigned racism in a attempt to get pity. Let me educate you.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=drink+the+kool-aid