warsaw or nato length?

I'm in the process of putting together my shopping list to restore my Saiga and I need some opinions. I'd like to get the Kvar stock, but I wasn't sure which length. What do you guys prefer? The Nato or Warsaw length? I'm 5'11... I'm just worried that the Nato length is too long. Thanks in advance.

I'm in the process of putting together my shopping list to restore my Saiga and I need some opinions. I'd like to get the Kvar stock, but I wasn't sure which length. What do you guys prefer? The Nato or Warsaw length? I'm 5'11... I'm just worried that the Nato length is too long. Thanks in advance.

I'm 5'9" and I much prefer the Warsaw length. To me, the short stock and close up feel I get from it are just comfortable. Then again, I also butcher the stocks on most shotguns so I can get a shorter length of pull on them, I just hate feeling like I have to move the gun away from me before I can pull it to my shoulder with a longer stock... However, on an AR15, I always put the telescoping stock all the way out... I don't understand it either...

I have read that the main reason (aside from the average size of soldiers) that the stocks are shorter than most US rifles is because the Russians wanted to be able to easily manipulate the rifle while wearing the thick wool coats they were issuing at the time.

Anyway, have you ever handled or shouldered an AK? If you find the normal stocks on an AK to be comfortable, then that's the Warsaw length.

I prefer Warsaw length, because if I need to, I can always add more length with a slip on buttpad, when shooting from a bench......though I haven't had to do that much. Also, the shorter stocks allow for easier shoulder transitions in my experience.

• Like 2

The Warsaw length is better for CQB. Also, it makes the rifle short enough and wieldy enough that the wife can also use it. I admit it was a bit awkward at first, but I'm completely used to it now.

+1 It is easier to keep the strong hand elbow tucked snug against the body where it belongs with Warsaw. Easier for the elbow to flop around with Nato length. I tried a Nato one one time, and switched back to Warsaw.

• Like 2