Did you go with a hood or is it a hat? Looks great either way. What garment did you use as a baseline? I'm working on one with a British SAS smock as a base. It has a detachable hood so I thought it would be perfect for a ghillie. What did you use for netting to tie off on? I'm using one of those camo pocket hammocks for netting.

Did you go with a hood or is it a hat? Looks great either way. What garment did you use as a baseline? I'm working on one with a British SAS smock as a base. It has a detachable hood so I thought it would be perfect for a ghillie. What did you use for netting to tie off on? I'm using one of those camo pocket hammocks for netting.

I made a Hood from the Netting this way it could just hang on the back, and I made it big enough for wearing a hat under it if you wanted. I used Decorative recycled Fish netting which is very cheap and very strong. I had started using plastic netting from Home Depot but found that it was not very strong. I dont belive in attaching the netting to clothing, this way you can wear different clothing under the suit and its a lot cooler, plus if I need to ditch the suit realy fast It can be done, Do a search on line for decorative Netting, the net is recycled fish net so it is very strong. Also remember, think about what you will be doing in the Ghillie. A lot of tracking or sniping. A sniping Ghillie will not have any Jute on the front Torso, because of crawling. Tracking Ghillie can be a Poncho Type like the one I did for my Son. I am going to make a Sniping Ghillie next, the Jute will completely cover the whole Back, Head, and both Arms. The Jute will hang just on top of the upper Chest. Hope my answers helped.

post-22569-0-47584600-1293712865_thumb.jpg

post-22569-0-82832400-1293712890_thumb.jpg

Jute String for Ghillie Suit http://www.opentip.com/Sporting-Goods/Ghillie-Suit-Jute-String-Natural-Tan-p-1149613.html

Recycled used Fish net https://www.anauticalplace.com/Decorative_Fish_Nets_s/1.htm?gclid=CPmVy-qClKYCFQrt7QodnDKVZA

You can find all different prices on the netting. I bought my net from Michael's Arts and Craft I am in Florida dont know if they are nationwide. Paid $5 for the net and it is real used recycled fishing net.

Cool thanks for the info. Mine is a tracker ghillie. I'll have to check out Michael's as I'm in FL as well. I have plans on a Sniper style as well using some old BDUs as a base and cutting out sections and replacing with net for ventilation.

Cool thanks for the info. Mine is a tracker ghillie. I'll have to check out Michael's as I'm in FL as well. I have plans on a Sniper style as well using some old BDUs as a base and cutting out sections and replacing with net for ventilation.

Dont forget you will have to throw your suit in the washer if you attach it to your BDU's after hunting and sweating in it, I dont know how the Jute will hold up to the washer. That was one of the main reasons I did my complete suit on the Mesh. This way I just hang it outside and hose it down. I guess you could do the same thing to your BDU's.