I'm thinking about getting a old standard AK and hear a lot of the WASR's are usually not that great. I looked at some of the guns on Atlantic's site and saw a IAC 47, is this a decent gun? Anyone have experience or can recommend a AK 7.62 rifle. I may just get a Saiga and restore it but don't want to have to add the bullet guide and press the gas tube off to add the hand guard retainer. I'm looking for a gun with wood furniture. No plastic!

Thanks!

:blush:

Sorry meant to put this in the other AK rifles section.

Edited by xxINFIDELxx

You'd be surprised at how good WASR's actually can be. You just need to cherry pick like I did. It'll take time, and you'll look at 50 other WASR-10 rifles before you find the right one. I love mine! I refinished the wood on it, made it nice and smooth and contoured the lower handguard to fit my hand like a glove. I researched the IAC 47 as well, and everytime, it was always a negative outcome. You'll find that most folks will prefer a WASR over an IAC 47 any day of the year!

The IAC rifles have only been out for about 2 -3 weeks so how are you reading a bunch of negative reviews ? If so please let us know where these are located we would like to read them , we have shipped out approx 75 rifles with only 1 issue and that rifle functioned 100% . These rifles are very nice for the price tag and we would be glad to offer a 7 day firing inspection if their is a legitimate issue we will be glad to pay return ship and offer a refund , replacment or move you into another rifle.

• Like 3

The IAC rifles have only been out for about 2 -3 weeks so how are you reading a bunch of negative reviews ? If so please let us know where these are located we would like to read them , we have shipped out approx 75 rifles with only 1 issue and that rifle functioned 100% . These rifles are very nice for the price tag and we would be glad to offer a 7 day firing inspection if their is a legitimate issue we will be glad to pay return ship and offer a refund , replacment or move you into another rifle.

For some reason I was thinking this was somehow related the I.O. 47 :lolol: my bad.

For some reason I was thinking this was somehow related the I.O. 47 :lolol: my bad.

That's what I was thinking too. Heh.

AK47 Rifle Interarms IAC 47 Wood , These rifles sport Traditional old school features AK47 features built by a solid well know firm Interarms and are backed up by a limited lifetime factory warranty. The IAC 47 W is a great step up from the less expensive Romanian imports but much more affordable than the more expensive Russian AK conversions.

Limited Lifetime Warranty

16 inch chrome lined barrel with removable brake

bayonet lug

Redish brown wood stock set Military Surplus

Poly pistol grip

Parkerized finish

Comes with 1-30 round mag

Ships in padded rifle hardcase for safe shipment & storage

IAC47WOOD.jpg

• Like 1

These are not the IO INC series of rifles these are made by Interarms / High Standard .

Atlantic, I have some questions: It appears there is no paint over the parkerization on these rifles, is that true? Is it an NDS receiver they use? It also appears they use surplus Bulgarian stock sets, does that mean these stocks were some of the rejected units that did not find their way into parts kits on the bulgy 74's everyone has had for sale for the last year? Please clarify,

Thanks,

Sal

Here is a pic of the IAC AK74 with Poly Furniture

IAC74POLY.jpg

There is a review of this rifle on youtube....

Military Arms Channel

Sturmgewehre's Channel

---------------------------------

don't know how to link the vid, but you can use the above search criteria to google if for yourself if you are interested.

The guy does mention that some of the rifles don't come with side rail mounts.

• Like 1

These look like a fine low cost option. While I prefer my rifles to have paint over park, thats really more of a finish issue, and not really what most buyers in this segment care about. Still, I would likely steer the OP to a WASR-10 instead of these (Atlantic also sells WASR's, and Im sure they are a fine group to deal with).

Good Luck!

• 1 month later...