What is the best folding stock for a Saiga 12?

Just to be difficult I'm going to say IMI Galil. It takes a bit of modding to attach, but a base stock and knuckle can be had for less than $100 and deploys with a mild pull and locks solid as a rock.

I put the same stock on one of my M10's Another vote for factory folders

Looks great 6500rpm!!

Just to be difficult I'm going to say IMI Galil. It takes a bit of modding to attach, but a base stock and knuckle can be had for less than $100 and deploys with a mild pull and locks solid as a rock.

Damn, that looks good!

What exactly is involved in "a bit of modding"? After this modding, are you stuck with this stock setup, or can you go back to regular AK stocks and folding mechs?

Modding on my version involved making my own ACE style internal receiver block out of steel (with about 4 degrees of angle added to the back), cutting the tube off the Galil stock knuckle (which is also steel), and welding the two parts together after squaring and verifying proper clearance with the FCG when folded/ parallel to the barrel when deployed. Others have made a receiver block with a hole in it to install like it would on a Galil receiver. I've made them for both cut tang and non-cut installation. Here's a few old in progress pics (from different stocks). Also-if you pick up a old beater cheap I've milled off the end of the butt and installed a ACE pad (perfect match) and Numerich (sp?) sells new delron covers for the upper tube cheap if the original is nicked up. The catch that engages the knuckle can be removed and the tubes cut to what ever length you like.

post-1866-0-99931800-1294872743_thumb.jpg

post-1866-0-78994800-1294872772_thumb.jpg

post-1866-0-11042900-1294872798_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Modding on my version involved making my own ACE style internal receiver block out of steel (with about 4 degrees of angle added to the back), cutting the tube off the Galil stock knuckle (which is also steel), and welding the two parts together after squaring and verifying proper clearance with the FCG when folded/ parallel to the barrel when deployed. Others have made a receiver block with a hole in it to install like it would on a Galil receiver. I've made them for both cut tang and non-cut installation. Here's a few old in progress pics (from different stocks). Also-if you pick up a old beater cheap I've milled off the end of the butt and installed a ACE pad (perfect match) and Numerich (sp?) sells new delron covers for the upper tube cheap if the original is nicked up. The catch that engages the knuckle can be removed and the tubes cut to what ever length you like.

holy hell, thats " a bit" of modifying to you??? I would love to see a full blown project from you then...Good job

• Like 1

holy hell, thats " a bit" of modifying to you??? I would love to see a full blown project from you then...Good job

I think it will look something like this @ 2:15

Hello new member here.

I have the same idea in mind but have no tools like you do.

Just wondering 6500RPM, looks like you cut the front part of the knuckle off (part w/ the ring where the stock roll pin goes through). but how do you attach the knuckle to your receiver? Can you show a pic.

Also is it feasible to drill a hole on the back of an ace receiver block to match the ring of the knuckle and hold the stock in position w/ the pin while maintaining the angle?

Edited by wulkyrie

+1

I wish I had the tools and know-how, to do some of the stuff these guys do. It's amazing, and I love the ingenuity.

• Like 1