wow.. you seriously went and did that.. wtf.

anyway, the Col who tackled him DID NOT say it broke, he just said he saw him go for the reload and tackled him.

Can we try not to use National tragedies for gun reviews in future please? at least not THE DAY AFTER when information is sketchy at best?

• Like 2

Thank god that crazy bastard used a glock instead of an HK to shoot the congresswoman and those other innocent people. If it were an HK or sig many more people would have died.

The news said he used a 9mm glock and when he tried to reload the mag broke and the gun jammed, buying brave people time to act and stop him.

Woah...

Wrong thread, wrong topic, wrong time.

Edited by Kevin in Texas
  • Like 2

. . .Thank god that crazy bastard used a glock instead of an HK to shoot the congresswoman and those other innocent people. If it were an HK or sig many more people would have died.

The news said he used a 9mm glock and when he tried to reload the mag broke and the gun jammed, buying brave people time to act and stop him.

REALLY???!!! Was bringing up this recent horrific tragedy truly RELEVANT to the OP's question and the discussion taking place in this thread?

NOT!

I signed-out and walked away from this thread. . . but your comment(s) continued to eat at me, so I'm not done yet.

Seriously, what kind of sick mind posts such comments in an open forum? Your complete lack of judgment is stupefying!

I've said my piece (my stomach is still tied-up in knots concerning what a blatant asshat you are for writing that). I'll leave it to those that write and communicate much better than I, to convey their opinions on your idiocy.

:anger:

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Evey time I see an HK product that is a civilian variant of their Leo/Mil products I'm disappointed. Their civilian rifles are watered down they aren't even the same gun :( That and they are over priced.

Any one that says Glocks aren't a go to war gun obviously have never been to a war zone.

The majority of HK hate that you are going to get are from the people that do not own them. The same goes for the Glock hate it comes from people that do not own them. I have owned and shot both and it all comes down to the end user. Is a Glock woth $500....well it depends. It is a reliable quality gun at a price that is very hard to beat. However if you have a hard time getting use to it(grip,sights,etc...) and you are not able to shoot very good with it then its not worth $500 to you. For me I can shoot the G19 well but not the G23. I can shoot the G30 better than the G21.....dont ask me why because it just is & I dont get it. Is a HK P30 worth $800....well again it depends on all the things I covered about a Glock. As far as what can a HK do that a Glock does not. Well the Glock is a Striker fired pistol and the HK is a Hammer fired pistol. If the Glock does not fire(this would be rare) then you have to rack the slide again to fire. If the HK does not fire(this also would be rare) then all you have to do is pull the trigger again to fire in DA. Does this make the HK better no but just answering what does the HK do that a Glock can not. The Glock comes in one trigger setup(I beleive) and HK comes in about nine different variations, I am guessing to give the customer options......and everyone says they hate us. Sounds like they are taking the customers different opinions on trigger setups into consideration. To me the HK is worth the price tag because they work for me so are Glocks but you have to find the model that works for you.

Edited by Norty

Mods just delete that post by that guy. It does not belong here and he may not belong here as well. It will keep the OPs thread on track otherwise it will be hard for anyone to read this thread and not make a comment about that persons out of line post.

As far as what can a HK do that a Glock does not. Well the Glock is a Striker fired pistol and the HK is a Hammer fired pistol. If the Glock does not fire(this would be rare) then you have to rack the slide again to fire. If the HK does not fire(this also would be rare) then all you have to do is pull the trigger again to fire in DA. Does this make the HK better no but just answering what does the HK do that a Glock can not.

This is what I was looking for when I asked. I wanted to hear some differences, other than "But it's an HK!". I have no experience with HK's.

Thank god that crazy bastard used a glock instead of an HK to shoot the congresswoman and those other innocent people. If it were an HK or sig many more people would have died.

Um, yeah....could you post a link to this? Not doubting you or anything but when some news reporter says "the mag broke" I tend to think this is just some squarehead who doesn't even know how to talk about guns intelligently and I have not heard anything whatsoever about the gun jamming. And even if "the mag broke" it sounds like an issue of cheap mags and not the weapon itself.

As far as what can a HK do that a Glock does not. Well the Glock is a Striker fired pistol and the HK is a Hammer fired pistol. If the Glock does not fire(this would be rare) then you have to rack the slide again to fire. If the HK does not fire(this also would be rare) then all you have to do is pull the trigger again to fire in DA. Does this make the HK better no but just answering what does the HK do that a Glock can not.

This is what I was looking for when I asked. I wanted to hear some differences, other than "But it's an HK!". I have no experience with HK's.

Cool....no problem. I know what you mean about the "But it's an HK". I really think HK hit a homerun with the P30, you should check one out. Forget about the $850 price tag you can find a used one for about $650-$700.