Well, I need to hang my head in SHAME....

I just recently took out a loan on my 401K to do some home improvements.. and without even THINKING... just went a nice minimal figure for the stuff I need...

TODAY.... it HIT ME like a brick.... YOU STUPID JACKASS!!!!

I *SHOULD HAVE* taken out $2500 *MORE* and bought the damn BARRET.50 !!!!!!

SCOFF at me... I deserve it.... :cryss:

I was not thinking properly.... WHAT will I do to make it up?? I dunno...

:smoke:

Indy, what were you thinking?

Can't you hear it calling to you?

It's saying buy me and go to Utah so DHunter can help you break it in.

Oh and don't forget another $1,500 to put a good scope on me.

Can't you hear that too? :rolleyes::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Indie- Shame on YOU! You abviosly have too many functional braincells. They get in the way of proper thinking, and make you do irrational things like that! I would reccomend one or two good benders, drinking kills brain cells -

BUT ONLY THE WEAK ONES!

That should clear your mind so you can concentrate on I WANT/I WANT/I WANT instead of cool and rational logic of saving for the future and such!

G O B

Well... In retrospect... I have TWO 401K accounts... and BOTH with substantial amounts in them....

SO... now starts the research phase... where to buy, which to buy... and how to go about buying....

*THEN* on monday... I ask my office manager about a loan on my OTHER account... for JUST ENOUGH to buy the Barret... and I will be mentally restored to my sanity.

I will have to call my FFL guy too... see if HE knows who or where to grab the best deal...

I will be SURE to keep yall posted... and IF WORSE COMES TO WORSE... and NY bans them... My dad will be the proud owner of it, till I move! LOL

This is one of them things that just hits you and you think to yourself... "yanno self... you NEED TO DO THIS *NOW*!"

Wish me luck!

BY THE WAY....

THIS may be the one I wind up with... for CHEAP... laminated stock... and NOT "evil and black" but actually, quite "SPORTING" lets see how THAT one flies!!!

let me know what ya think of this design, guys....

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=33095260

holy moly!

thats great!

my brother's looking at building a 50 cal from a couple kits.

i located an upper for about $1200 and a complete ar lower for $100.

thats $1300 for a 50 cal! :eek:

i think i got him talked into it all the way.

i'm gonna show him those gb auctions too so it will push him even further.

hahaha :devil:

Actually... I have decided... as soon as the check arrives from the FIRST loan... I am buying one of those laminated ones...

Heres to WASTFUL spending on WHIMS!!!!! WOOO WOOO!!!

But hey... YA ONLY FUCKIN LIVE ONCE!!!!!!

It doesnt say anywhere that its made by Hesse... but it very well could be... and yeah, I know the rep from them with their Saiga conversions...

BUT...

For the price... I dont think I can quibble too much... and we will see how it SHOOTS... as that will be the test...

When it arrives, you can be sure I will give a full report on it...Pro's...Con's... observations... I will let yall know...

Personally... If it shoots well... and doesnt look all cobbed together.. I will be happy for the price... Hesse or not...

The biggest knock on Hesse/Vulcan was the workmanship and crappy recievers. The reciever on the Vulcan/Saiga AK's is 100% Ishmash russian made, so probably the only issue will be front sights installed crooked, and muzzlebreak welded on UGLY or crooked . The muzzle break can be dremmeled off, and the sight can be straightened. Also they didn't screw up ALL of them, it is just more likley than other conversions to have something an crooked.

G O B

The biggest knock on Hesse/Vulcan was the workmanship and crappy recievers. The reciever on the Vulcan/Saiga AK's is 100% Ishmash russian made, so probably the only issue will be front sights installed crooked, and muzzlebreak welded on UGLY or crooked

And since we are talking about my .50 BMG rifle...and not an AK of any sort... I am hopeful it will be rather decent...