Is this stuff on par with the battle packs of South African that was going around a couple of years ago. That stuff smelled bad, but man it shot nice. Seemed to be a little hotter than any other surplus and most of the domestic stuff too.

Anyway, have you used this and what was your experience with it?

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemDetail.aspx?sku=AMM-727

• Like 1

Are you fucking kidding me? Thats German DAG surplus NATO baby, some of the BEST 7.62x51mm surplus you can get. Buy as much as you can get and stock that shit up. I myself have about 1000 rounds of the stuff. Well I did, I just shot 260 rounds of it through my new SCAR 308 this week and I had NO pronlems. It was accurate. My FAL I got rid of also loved the stuff.

In my book( as well as others ) surplus 51mm German DAG and British radway green are the best. When you can buy it(find it), shoot some and stock some.

Thanks for the tip bro, I'm going to buy some myself. +1!

Edited by GREYLUPO
  • Like 1

Are you fucking kidding me? Thats German DAG surplus NATO baby, some of the BEST 7.62x51mm surplus you can get.

+1 German, but I would get it here: http://www.wideners....&dir=18|830|848

I just ordered 400 rounds to check it out. It was 40 dollars cheaper than wideners at AIM Surplus. The price was the same, but the shipping killed them.

I have not tired a whole lot of stuff, but so far, this is my preferred choice for 7.62X51mm surplus ammunition. This stuff feeds flawlessly through my M1A and the price is not too bad compared to other options for this ammunition.

I picked up a 200 round battle pack of Portugese 7.62X51mm ammo, but I have not tired it yet. How does this ammo compare to the German stuff?

I have used Federal American Eagle .308 ammunition, and it works just fine, but it is rather expensive. I will stick with surplus ammo instead. I have also used Wolf .308, which is not too bad (my M1A digested it with no issues). However, you are better off getting the German 7.62X51mm, as it is does not cost too much and it is better overall. I also have some Pakistani 7.62X51mm surplus ammo, and while it is not corrosive and it has not given me any problems, it is very dirty (it is even dirtier than Wolf, IMO) and it is not very accurate (for what you pay for this stuff, steer clear of it and get the German stuff).

I am running low on 7.62X51mm surplus, so I will probably be buying more of the German DAG stuff.

In my book( as well as others ) surplus 51mm German DAG and British radway green are the best. When you can buy it(find it), shoot some and stock some.

I have not fired any British Radway Green stuff, but I have heard nothing but good things about it. If I have to detract from German 7.62X51mm for some odd reason, I will go with the British stuff.

Edited by 7N6Wolf

Are you fucking kidding me? Thats German DAG surplus NATO baby, some of the BEST 7.62x51mm surplus you can get.

I just ordered 400 rounds to check it out. It was 40 dollars cheaper than wideners at AIM Surplus. The price was the same, but the shipping killed them.

Wow, that is hard to believe, when I ordered 1000 rounds of PRVI it only cost me $22. for shipping, do you live in a rural area? It has been a while since the last time I have ordered from them......

ETA:

I just did a factitious order and the shipping to S FL is $16.11, you definitely live in a rural location.....

I did one for Aim and it came out to be the same.....

Edited by 308saiga

I have not tired a whole lot of stuff, but so far, this is my preferred choice for 7.62X51mm surplus ammunition. This stuff feeds flawlessly through my M1A and the price is not too bad compared to other options for this ammunition.

I picked up a 200 round battle pack of Portugese 7.62X51mm ammo, but I have not tired it yet. How does this ammo compare to the German stuff?

I have used Federal American Eagle .308 ammunition, and it works just fine, but it is rather expensive. I will stick with surplus ammo instead. I have also used Wolf .308, which is not too bad (my M1A digested it with no issues). However, you are better off getting the German 7.62X51mm, as it is does not cost too much and it is better overall. I also have some Pakistani 7.62X51mm surplus ammo, and while it is not corrosive and it has not given me any problems, it is very dirty (it is even dirtier than Wolf, IMO) and it is not very accurate (for what you pay for this stuff, steer clear of it and get the German stuff).

I am running low on 7.62X51mm surplus, so I will probably be buying more of the German DAG stuff.

I have not fired any British Radway Green stuff, but I have heard nothing but good things about it. If I have to detract from German 7.62X51mm for some odd reason, I will go with the British stuff.

The stuff is rather hard to find these days..

Wow, that is hard to believe, when I ordered 1000 rounds of PRVI it only cost me $22. for shipping, do you live in a rural area? It has been a while since the last time I have ordered from them......

ETA:

I just did a factitious order and the shipping to S FL is $16.11, you definitely live in a rural location.....

I did one for Aim and it came out to be the same.....

I guess? If we were neighbors maybe it would be the same?

Which stuff is hard to find these days? The Portuguese or the Radway Green (I think Classic Arms has Radway Green)?

Which stuff is hard to find these days? The Portuguese or the Radway Green (I think Classic Arms has Radway Green)?

The Radway Green. Thanks for the tip Ill check it out

If you plan on putting it through a newer PTR, be careful. It is tar sealed I believe, but still cleaner than SA. The flute issues on the PTR may not like it.

If you have an FAL, Saiga, or M1A you should be fine.

Ive heard that the PTR is very very finicky about ammo on account of the flutes being out of spec from the HK91 design.

In fact I know this because I USED to own one. I sold it 2 years ago because it was finicky, not something I wanted in a battle rifle.

post-27192-0-65078700-1297439040_thumb.jpg

If you plan on putting it through a newer PTR, be careful. It is tar sealed I believe, but still cleaner than SA. The flute issues on the PTR may not like it.

Ive heard that the PTR is very very finicky about ammo on account of the flutes being out of spec from the HK91 design.

In fact I know this because I USED to own one. I sold it 2 years ago because it was finicky, not something I wanted in a battle rifle.

I want that stock.

I was looking at what it would take to flute the chamber in a Savage Barrel and whip up a threaded trunnion to put it into an H&K. Bolt gap would be easy to set, I could get a PSG-1 level barrel for less than a grand, and easily use a wildcat if I wanted.

Maybe a project for the future...

Edited by Heath_h49008

The Radway Green. Thanks for the tip Ill check it out

The last time I checked, they still have it (I believe it is listed toward the bottom of their website page). You just have to de-link it. I believe they sell it in various quantities, the highest quantity being $335.00 for 800 rounds.

• Like 1

I want that stock.

I was looking at what it would take to flute the chamber in a Savage Barrel and whip up a threaded trunnion to put it into an H&K. Bolt gap would be easy to set, I could get a PSG-1 level barrel for less than a grand, and easily use a wildcat if I wanted.

Maybe a project for the future...

It was a nice stock but heavy as fuck, Id rather have the stock stock. From what I remember reading people did mods on the flutes to make them the same as the HKs. Id look into it if you plan on keeping it.

Dude, I was at the range a couple weeks ago and this dude had a CETME he just got from

a pawn shop. Shit was having failure to go into battery all over the place, then one

FTE locked it the FUCK up.

My HKs do not have this issue.

Cause its an HK!:blues:

Zee Germans know what they are doing

Dude, I was at the range a couple weeks ago and this dude had a CETME he just got from

a pawn shop. Shit was having failure to go into battery all over the place, then one

FTE locked it the FUCK up.

My HKs do not have this issue.

It was most likely a Century CETME rebuild, and if he didn't know how to check the bolt gap, make sure Century didn't grind the bolt head, and repair any issues, the weapon could be a Kaboom waiting to happen.

On the good side, you can buy one from someone unwilling to learn about the weapon, or spend the $50 it takes to fix it for pennies on the dollar.

His three possible issues were incorrect bolt gap/a ground bolt head, incorrect barrel/flutes if it was a late import with a replacement barrel, or a major issue with the op-rod spring. I suppose there are a few other possibilities, but I'm assuming he was smart enough to clean it at some point. If he was running cheap lacquer cover steel-case wolf... or the previous owner did... and that has built up on the chamber/flutes it could do just what you said until he had a case head separation. They don't like soft and thin commercial brass, and they don't like a buildup of laquer allowed to harden on/in the flutes. One, then the other would do what you describe.

The CETME was made by German engineers in Spain after WWII. The H&K is actually the copy of the CETME. If built right they are amazingly reliable. Century didn't understand that bolt gap was a method of determining how deeply the locking wedge sat in the bolt head. When they got one below minimum, they ground the head down to increase the gap. It did nothing to change the unsafe and out-of-spec locking wedge position. See the issue? That position is what times the gun, along with the mass of the bolt.

See if you can buy it off him.

EDIT: My apologies for the thread-jack. But ammo and H&K type weapons come up, and many have them without anyone telling them what is going on. Most gunsmiths used to AKs and ARs don't even know how to check to see if they are safe. Please feel free to hit me with a Pm and I will help anyone check their H&K type weapon out. It's easy and takes 5 minutes... so does the fix incidentally... and it could save you from loss and injury.

Edited by Heath_h49008
  • Like 1

Bought a century made CETME off of gunbroker... seller was a gun shop pawn shop. it surprised me that when I got it it was absolutely filthy with powder residue inside... Looked like someone had shot it a couple of hundred times without cleaning it.

It took me forever to get it cleaned up decently. Took it to the range and was happy to see that it ran fine.

Im not sure which rifle I like better, my CETME or my FAL.

Bought a century made CETME off of gunbroker... seller was a gun shop pawn shop. it surprised me that when I got it it was absolutely filthy with powder residue inside... Looked like someone had shot it a couple of hundred times without cleaning it.

It took me forever to get it cleaned up decently. Took it to the range and was happy to see that it ran fine.

Im not sure which rifle I like better, my CETME or my FAL.

You like the FAL better