1st run what ammo?

Hopefully get my mdA 20 rd drum and 10 rd mag. tomorrow. will be the 1st time i take it out. just wondering what do ya'll think i should put through it first? probably gonna do 100 rds maybe more if i have time. looking for something cheap also. thanks for the input.

If your going to go walmart bulk pack, buy federal. It works in many guns where remington and winchester don't.

My gun is 100% on federal but hates low brass winchester and remington. High brass doesn't matter, it'll eat anything.

Edited by volkov

If your going to go walmart bulk pack, buy federal. It works in many guns where remington and winchester don't.

My gun is 100% on federal but hates low brass winchester and remington. High brass doesn't matter, it'll eat anything.

alright, i'll be going w/federal then

At least buy some high brass ammo, atleast 1 box. I like to warm her up with some hi power stuff. That way if it is not ready for the bulk stuff yet you will still have some fun. Definatly pick up some federal tho, if it is sold out get the remmington, no Winchester bulk.

• Like 1

Forget the bulk pack stuff in my opinion.

The absolute best birdshot is the Remington Nitro 7.5 shot 1 1/8 oz 1300 fps. Winchester also has 1300 fps 1 1/8oz. The bulk pack stuff is all 1200 fps 7/8 oz, not good enough to cycle better than about 80-90% in my experience. These rounds run around $.32/rd compared to about $.23 for the bulk pack. It's well worth the cost in my opinion not to have to worry about manually extracting shells by hand at the range. I've never had an FTE on setting 2 with the 1300 fps stuff.

• Like 1

I ran my S12 this last weekend for the first time. Make sure you get the 10-round mag to work first before you try the MD20. Reason is because I was getting FTE's so I had to unwind my MD20 one complete turn (this is noted in the instructions that come with the drum) because I was using Remington Sport Load Bulk Pack from Wally World. You may or may not have to do this so test it out first.

Ok, total newb question here. when you say high brass loads, do you mean shot? can ya give me an example. derrrrrrrrrrr

Do we really need to give nomenclature of shotshell lessons?

ETA: Here, saves me a LOT of typing... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shotgun_shell

BTW, IT'S CALLED SEARCH FUNCTION!

Edited by Yeoldetool
  • Like 1

Thank y'all for the info. Might try The ones you stated twenty . Prob try cycling the cheaper loads 1 st though

Totally the wrong way to go. Break it in with high power slugs and buckshot. At least a couple hundred. This has been covered over and over again!

• Like 1

Alright heres what i got. Remington Game load 6 shot -two boxes of 25. then i got the 100 rd federal 7 1/2shot. so i should run the remington thru 1st right? oh yea attached my mda drum to my gun. thank god i had two guns because it didnt attach on one of the guns, went right in on the other. anyway. i'll be running my 10 round mag 1st and then the drum. any other ideas? thanks.

Why run the cheap stuff first? Any reason for that idea? Just run the high brass first, you should get better results. The gun is brand new, why start it out with ammo it was not designed for.

so discard all of my ammo for now? that remington was not too cheap.