Questions to Tromix bolt on handle owners

Does yours have a slight cant? It seems that it wont go on square with the receiver. Its a very slight cant to the left is this normal? post-26591-0-27564800-1298709861_thumb.jpg

I would say a very slight variation in how they fit from gun to gun is normal. At least that's my experience. Did you try loosening the screw a little bit and adjusting it?

Mine has the cant also and when I tried to adjust it, and I was tightening the set screw it stripped and wedge sideways it the thread's so I left it alone. I liked the tromix handle at first but the cant and strip thread's day one turned me off. Mine is stuck on now cause of the wedged set screw but if I take it off it is done for sure cause of the thread's.

Edited by havok

Mine has the cant also and when I tried to adjust it, and I was tightening the set screw it stripped and wedge sideways it the thread's so I left it alone. I liked the tromix handle at first but the cant and strip thread's day one turned me off. Mine is stuck on now cause of the wedged set screw but if I take it off it is done for sure cause of the thread's.

You could always drill it out a tap it for a bigger set screw.

Yep you got to fiddle with it alittle! could be Tromix = (Need for one size fits all) but could be Saiga bolt handle variances ,but work with it a little and you will get it! don't for get Loctite! and it will be cool love mine! and you can always have some one spot weld for you, but may want to change later? it is common with the pressure screw set ups! or the several i've had on from barrel shrouds to tromix bolt handles! just takes tinkering with usually! and as bob says below these things have to fit many variations and I would bet there are many variances!

Does yours have a slight cant? It seems that it wont go on square with the receiver. Its a very slight cant to the left is this normal? post-26591-0-27564800-1298709861_thumb.jpg

Edited by Guns Are Great

There is zero significant variation in our CNC produced parts; certainly you have some idea of how much variation there is between samples of AKs. They have been produced for 50+ years in hundreds of factories in dozens of countries.

The real challenge of designing a part like this is to make it fit all those variations. It's possible to adjust your charging handle to make the bolt-on look a bit straighter, but I don't really want to try and advise people how to do it. As soon as I start that, inevitably somebody will break theirs off and blame me. :)

• Like 1

I just put one on my s-12 and s-.223 with no variation at all. I took out the screw and tightened it down on the bolt. I backed it all the way out put red 271 loctite and tightened it back down where it wouldn't turn anymore. It's very straight and secure. Screw faces away from your face fyi.

+1 here!

I just put one on my s-12 and s-.223 with no variation at all. I took out the screw and tightened it down on the bolt. I backed it all the way out put red 271 loctite and tightened it back down where it wouldn't turn anymore. It's very straight and secure. Screw faces away from your face fyi.

i just installed one of these on my saiga and had the same problem, when i put the carrier back in the gun it was slanted so much it was rubbing the dust cover, i found that if i move it out just a little and tighten the set screw it sits on there straight and doesnt rub on the dust cover then i superglued it on and used red loctite on the set screw