New York Saiga Gunsmith?

lol what do you drink nailbomb!

I live in Schenectady, near albany if you have not heard of it!

Yeah, I familiar with that. I stop at J&B gun shop and Accurate Arms occasionally. They're both higher priced than I can get from local FFL's, but both fun to browse around in. Plus, Harbor Freight is right up the road, and of course lunch at DiCarlos.

Yeah, I familiar with that. I stop at J&B gun shop and Accurate Arms occasionally. They're both higher priced than I can get from local FFL's, but both fun to browse around in. Plus, Harbor Freight is right up the road, and of course lunch at DiCarlos.

Is accurate arms still around? I wonder if they moved. Albany area shops are very overpriced IMO.

Is accurate arms still around? I wonder if they moved. Albany area shops are very overpriced IMO.

Yes, especially Zack's in Round Lake. I can do better at Dick's than there. That's bad. As far as I know Accurate Arms is there, but it's been awhile since I was there.

Just be careful fellow NY'er. We are not allowed to convert our Saiga 12's like most of the folks on here. NO PISTOL GRIPS are allowed on semi-auto, detachable box magazine fed shotguns in NY. We can only use normal stocks, thumb-hole stocks or "dragunov" style stocks.

Mine: (TOP)

DSCN0296.jpg

Just be careful fellow NY'er. We are not allowed to convert our Saiga 12's like most of the folks on here. NO PISTOL GRIPS are allowed on semi-auto, detachable box magazine fed shotguns in NY. We can only use normal stocks, thumb-hole stocks or "dragunov" style stocks.

I sold modern warfare a SLR-95 buttstock.

I'm sure by now he has figured out the nessisary mods to put it on a stamped reciever.

Hey Nyers-I am new to this site and live in the miserable liberal state of NY with you guys LOL--I live in Westchester County, so things are worse down here where the county even regulates wether you get a full carry pistol permit or just a target/hunting permit....anyway I recently purchased a Saiga 12 and I am looking to do some mods to it---what do you recommend as far as performance parts? That skeleton stock in the picture above, is it legal in NY on a shotgun? I see alot about this tromix trigger group, can that be installed even if you dont move the trigger forward? Any help would be great especially from some fellow NYers

Nailbomb, are there any American made thumbhole stocks that I can put on the saiga 12--I am also looking to to trigger work to it. I was looking at the tromix trigger group but found out today it wont work without a pistol grip because the assembly has to be moved forward...do you know of anything that will work here? What mods do you have done to yours and still keep it under NY compliance?? The more and more I am in the liberal bullshit sate the more and more I want to move out!! 13 years left to retire- think Florida is looking better and better every day LOL

I see alot of mag fed rifles in gunshops with pistol grips and fixed stocks. is the law different for the rifles as opposed to magazine fed shotguns? i know they cant be adjustable, infact alot of these mag fed rifles they have the adjustable stocks pinned into a position.

Yes, the laws are different for rifles and shotguns. Pretty easy to look up.

modern warfare

here is a way to convert your sagia to pistol grip configuration and be ny legal.do the pg conversion.pick up a wooden thumbole stock like this.got it on the ak forum for $20 shipped.i am using a ak47 receiver,which is the same a s a sagia receiver for example.just slide on the stock and screw in the 2 screws.job done.you can paint the stock black to match the gun,and maybe even reshape it alittle to make it less clunky.these stocks come up for sale every now and then because usually nobody wants them.they come from guns that were converted to no ban.beauty is if you ever move out of ny your gun is already converted,all you do is slide off the thumbhole stock,bolt on a pg and ak stock and your done.

DSC08244.jpg

DSC08246.jpg

DSC08252.jpg

Nailbomb, are there any American made thumbhole stocks that I can put on the saiga 12--I am also looking to to trigger work to it. I was looking at the tromix trigger group but found out today it wont work without a pistol grip because the assembly has to be moved forward...do you know of anything that will work here? What mods do you have done to yours and still keep it under NY compliance?? The more and more I am in the liberal bullshit sate the more and more I want to move out!! 13 years left to retire- think Florida is looking better and better every day LOL

Just find a AK style thumbhole stock. Anything that requires the FCG moved foward makes it easier to comply due to the 3 parts for 922r the FCG makes up. After that you really only need 2 more parts, so grab a poly choke(quite possibly the best addition you can make anyway) and a american made gas piston, or foregrip and your good for 922r.

My personal S-12s consist of Bulgarian thumbhole stocks, Tromix DIYs, Chaos Quad rails, Poly choke or warthog breacher, and either Tapco G2 or Texas AK systems FCGs.

Even with the thumbhole stock counting against me I'm in the clear, and one of my guns is running a american gas piston also.

Any idea where I can find any of these stocks? I googled them and cant seem to find any for sale anywhere...will any AK47 thumbhole stock fit on the saiga 12? These NY laws are rediculous LOLI appreciate your help, thanks so much!! Do you have any pics of yours with the Bulgarian style stock? I live down in westchester county and unfortunatey dont know many places that carry stuff for the saigas or work on them for that matter.

I saw a nice Bulgarian synthetic one on gunbroker but that was it

Centerfire Systems carries (and has in stock) the Bulgarian AK's that these stocks come on, for $349. If I was still in NY and needed another one of these stocks........I just might spend the $349 just to get the stock. Toss a standard AK stock on the Bulgarian, in place of the thumbhole, and put the thumbhole on your S12. Then you can enjoy your new AK and thumbholed S12, or sell off the AK and make some money back.

P1110070.JPG

Those stocks look good for a thumbhole stock--cant seem to find them anywhere online though, just cant see spending 349 for another gun LOL..I guess i will just have to keep searching till something comes up...Thanks for your help, your guns look great!

I found another thumbhole stock I like, black synthetic--only problem is its for a milled receiver. is there anyway for this to work on a stamped receiver? I know it wont work the other way around but is there anyway to get it to work this way?

Yes I had one. Just cut out what you need to with a sharp chisel, bit by bit, just shaving it off, NOT with a mallet. I have a pic of the one I did in my gallery, so I won't post it here. It worked very nicely and was very comfortable. It was the AK-020BPT from K-var for a Bulgarian SLR-95. http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=17089&cat=283&page=1 Here's a link to the pic... http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/gallery/image/3250-3rd-change/

Edited by Yeoldetool

YeOldetool---Thats the exact stock i was looking at and from the same place..Just ordered it LOL--is there anyway you can explain what you had to do to modify the stock? I am assuming that was for a milled receiver and you modified it?

Thanks..your s12 looks great..Are you from NY?

YeOldetool---Thats the exact stock i was looking at and from the same place..Just ordered it LOL--is there anyway you can explain what you had to do to modify the stock? I am assuming that was for a milled receiver and you modified it?

Thanks..your s12 looks great..Are you from NY?

PM sent. Yes, I'm in NY.