Has anyone installed the SG-142

So I'm checking out K-var and I see this SG-142

Thoughts of buying another S-12 or converting my current one.

post-19827-0-30622700-1300084216_thumb.jpg

post-19827-0-02582700-1300083442_thumb.jpg

Has anyone installed one of these on your S-12?

https://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=17692&cat=330&page=1

post-19827-0-32273500-1300083397_thumb.jpg

post-19827-0-39393900-1300083415_thumb.jpg

I was thinking this would be pretty cool along with the Dinzag rear sight block conversion.

http://dinzagarms.com/saiga_12/akpou12.html

post-19827-0-95227900-1300083977_thumb.jpg

My question though is how will it effect the gas chamber.

I am sure OO and slugs would be fine, but for light loads I wonder if that would cycle.

Any input would be great. :smoke:

Edited by RLTW

I think the scuttlebutt is that you would need ot get the new Russian auto gas plug? puck...

Not familar with that one...

Not to mention there is no place to put a gas plug. Can you clairify for me.

Thanks

Ahhhh

Figures I even did a search on here before I posted. Maybe I will post on that post with the part number so it will come up in the search results.

Well to late I ordered one last night. :cryss:

I guess I will be having to hunt down more parts for the conversion.

Thanks

Well to late I ordered one last night. :cryss:

I guess I will be having to hunt down more parts for the conversion.

I ordered one when I first saw them, then cancelled my order when I found them being discussed here. If you contact them quickly enough you can get out of wasting a whole lot of money.

IMO K-VAR should not be advertising these things as if they were stand-alone add-ons suitable for any S12. They should be telling people that other (unavailable) parts are also needed.

those new russian saigas 030 models, ever make it here, like red dragun weapons are selling they will explode in sales if mags readily avail at reasonable prices! so some of these vendors here CSS get to arranging some kits to convert current s12 and make some cash!

I'm going to go through with the order and experiment. Will follow up when done.

Edited by Guns Are Great

Damn Kvar is quick on shipping. I ordered it on Sunday night and it was at my house on Tuesday.

I have been TDY and I got home and my little brown package was home waiting for me.

So checking it out.. if I was to put a puck in it it would fit. The orginal S-12 gas block on the rear has a cap to allow the gas tube to attach.

The S-12 gas tube on the SG-142 would leave a gap, unless it was stretched out to fit.

Anyways... I have it and one day when Saiga 12 pricing goes back down,,, I will buy another one and attempt to make some conversions. I don't want to mess up the only one I have.