Mine.jpg

I just noticed the chainmail under the plate carrier. :lolol:

It looks funny, but it actually does make sense. That might be a very effective way for a poor man to get protection against tasers and possibly ADS. The better option would be thin copper mesh like you would use to make a Faraday box, but cheap ren-fair chain mail might work.

Sorry, I'm an engineering student. The mind wanders...

A taser making contact with a conductive chainmail vest? It would look like you were trapped in a bug zapper!

You must be a Mechanical Engineering Student as opposed to an Electrical Engineering Student! :lolol:

Edited by MT Predator

A taser making contact with a conductive chainmail vest? It would look like you were trapped in a bug zapper!

You must be a Mechanical Engineering Student as opposed to an Electrical Engineering Student! :lolol:

I dunno though, the hooks wouldn't be able to stick into the chain. They could get stuck in between the links, not like in your skin. We need to test this.

LOL guys. :lolol:

I don't wear the chainmail under the rig. That's the only torso dummy I have and the chainmail is for SCA or Ren Fest. Yeah, I'm a geek. :haha:

Interesting theory on the taser, but I suspect the barbs would penetrate the mail. Maybe for a stun gun? You're right though Predator, I DON'T want to test it.

The dump bag in front (rolled up in pic) isn't on the rig anymore. I'd have it attached in back to a belt. Going prone with a mag in the bag and having it smack you in the crotch isn't enjoyable. :huh:

Regardless of whether or not the barbs get through the chain mail (for the sake of educational value).....metal conducts electricity very well, it'd be a hell of a shocking experience.

If your uncomfortable the minute you put the vest on, it may be time to move to a bag.

you guys expecting some kind of invasion or something?

Zombies, man.

Shame on me for forgetting the upcoming Apocalypse..I'd better get my ass in gear and get organized..lol

Doh! You didn't know? My boy and I can load out in about 2 minutes. Ready to go.............. When he gets a little older, it'll be more like 30 seconds, I still keep everything in the safe.ph34r.gif

It should act as a Faraday cage. Just use the same copper mesh you use to make a Faraday cage for lab experiments, and systems like ADS that use microwaves won't be able to reach the skin to cause the pain sensation.

The current follows the path of least resistance. Which, if you happen to be wearing conductive clothing, is through the metal and not your body. (At least for tasers) So the only place you might see a spark would be along that path in-between the electrodes.

I don't know if it would work as well if the probes hit skin, but as the entire hook is "hot", as long as they made contact with the metal as well, you should be safe. Perhaps even with cheap ren-fair chainmail.

The idea is already in use. It's called "Thor Shield", but they use nylon with a conductive coating.

http://www.thorshield.com/prod01.htm

Huh?! Weird. Todays lesson, Faraday cage vest. Corbin, I think one of my life long buddy's battles you in SCA tournaments....small world! Been meaning to go check out one of those for fun, I hear the foods great and the beers better.