Is it good or bad that vendors buy Saigas

I was just curious if people think it is a good, bad thing or no difference, that companies like Arsenal buy up Saigas then convert them into enhanced (though also more expensive) rifles.

On one hand it may elevate prices and lower availability of base model Saigas. On the other, maybe it increases the vested interest in the Saigas import.

Any thoughts?

In a Free Market, it is just one of those things that "is."

Sorry, I do not spend a lot of time vacillating on things over which I have no control. :blues:

• Like 4

Many folks don't have the time or possibly the confidence to do a conversion themselves, also it does provide the "Instant gratification" that seems to be the main motivating factor for the American Consumer.

I didn't think K-var did the conversion. I thought Legion did the work and K-var imported them like that. I could be wrongrolleyes.gif

Did I miss a post or some thing? Who said K-var did the conversions?

I think he's talking about the arsenal line of rifles built on saiga receivers.

Sorry, I do not spend a lot of time vacillating on things over which I have no control. :blues:

I can't control the weather, but I still check what's going on.

I do see your point though.

Besides, I'm sure the Russians won't mind making more.

I can't control the weather, but I still check what's going on.

I do see your point though.

Besides, I'm sure the Russians won't mind making more.

How very true. hmmm now any chance we can get the ruskies to send us some more saigas?

there is a little rearranging going on with the upper tiers of the saiga world. they will start flowing again, dont worry. they will trickle through the distributors and past the vendors building them up in large quantities again this summer or fall, I am thinking. I think some are due in this spring as well, although Im not sure which of the importers has dibs on what.