Saiga 12 on shooting usa

The last episode of shooting usa featured the saiga 12 as a race gun. They show off some pretty sweet set ups that are being used. They mention the bad reliability with some guns and that some real work has to be put into them. Sadly though they also note that no one has won a uspsa championship with one. Its worth checking out if you get outdoor channel. It looks as though demand is still increasing but none are being sent in.:cryss:

Every Wednesday night they do a chain of gun shows on The Outdoor Channel, called "Wednesday Nights at the Range". They got some cool shows. They also have quite a few promo's with Larry Potter from MidwayUSA since they're a sponsor. I just saw one of the promo's on a random YouTube vid, and someone commented; "Hey Larry, the camera's over here!". If you've ever seen the guy, you know why that's funny. :lolol:

The last episode of shooting usa featured the saiga 12 as a race gun. They show off some pretty sweet set ups that are being used. They mention the bad reliability with some guns and that some real work has to be put into them. Sadly though they also note that no one has won a uspsa championship with one. Its worth checking out if you get outdoor channel. It looks as though demand is still increasing but none are being sent in.:cryss:

No one has won the USPSA Multigun Championship with a Saiga YET. Look out for Clint Upchurch, who won Open division at the Ft. Benning 3 gun match last December, beating some of the best in the US with an R&R Saiga. Clint should be back at the USPSA match this fall with his new R&R Saiga (He is now an official R&R sponsored shooter). I'll be there too, hoping to win 1st Open B class this year, after my 1st Open C class wins at the last 2 USPSA Multigun Nationals.

Here is an article on Clint from the 3 Gun Nation website: http://www.3gunnation.com/news/3gn_spotlight_clint_upchurch

Here is a clip of Clint at the Pan American Shotgun Championship where he was on the Gold Medal US Open Team.

Doug

• Like 1

No recoil? How? That is one nice s12 but I've never seen one with such non existent recoil. Maybe he's just strong as an ox.

A proper magwell sure make a world of diff for those quick reloads

No one has won the USPSA Multigun Championship with a Saiga YET. Look out for Clint Upchurch, who won Open division at the Ft. Benning 3 gun match last December, beating some of the best in the US with an R&R Saiga. Clint should be back at the USPSA match this fall with his new R&R Saiga (He is now an official R&R sponsored shooter). I'll be there too, hoping to win 1st Open B class this year, after my 1st Open C class wins at the last 2 USPSA Multigun Nationals.

Here is an article on Clint from the 3 Gun Nation website: http://www.3gunnatio..._clint_upchurch

Here is a clip of Clint at the Pan American Shotgun Championship where he was on the Gold Medal US Open Team.

Doug

No recoil? How? That is one nice s12 but I've never seen one with such non existent recoil. Maybe he's just strong as an ox.

Here is an article on Clint from the 3 Gun Nation website: http://www.3gunnatio..._clint_upchurch

Doug

The recoil is reduced by two big ass compensator's they direct some of the gas pressure backwards and up.

• Like 1

Doug

The recoil is reduced by two big ass compensator's they direct some of the gas pressure backwards and up.

That's what I was gonna say; I'm sure R&R's work on the gun had something to do with the lack of apparent recoil.

I noticed some of the events he had to pick up his gun and then insert a mag. Do the tube fed guys have to start empty as well? What an advantage the mag makes.

Rules are the same for everybody, tube guys had to start empty as well. In some cases the start was with just an empty chamber. The Pan Am was was in international match and was run under IPSC, not USPSA, rules.

On Clint being strong as an Ox, yes I believe he is.

Doug

Thats slick how he insterted the mag and all in one stroke, picked the gun up with the magazine hand. All about time shaving.

Cool video.

Whats was the poiont of having to step on the 2x4?

Edited by Mullet Man

Thats slick how he insterted the mag and all in one stroke, picked the gun up with the magazine hand. All about time shaving.

Cool video.

Whats was the poiont of having to step on the 2x4?

There was a weight on the other end of the piece of wood, when you took your foot off it started a clay bird launcher that set out 2 birds at about a 2 second interval. You could keep your foot on it as long as you wanted then let it go to trip the birds.

Doug

Looks like Clint just won Open Division at the Superstition Mountain Mystery 3 Gun match in Mesa, Arizona! Thats 3 wins at his last 3 major matches shooting his R&R Saiga!

Doug

I just got back from Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-Gun and Clint was the man with his modified Saiga-12. Two others on my squad not including myself were using Saigas with some to major modifications. The only malfunctions I witnesses in three days of shooting were a couple of misfeeds from a MD-20 drum.