Barrel Wear & Tear

I have put about 200 rounds through my Saiga 12 at this point and was looking down the barrel while cleaning and it looks like it has scratches in it. Is this typical or should the barrel maintain a smooth appearance?

Also to note, i have used mostly various ammo from Walmart and some Winchester Ranger Buck.

Thanks for any insight

You can get amazing results with just a bore snake. What I do for heavy fouling is use a 12 ga. bronze brush in a cleaning rod, chucked in a drill...then a bore snake, and a patch. It's almost too bright to look down after that.

OK I will clean it again and hopefully it will clear up. I soaked it with Kroil oil and used a brass brush & bore snake in there but I will try it again. I seen the spiral before, I will grab one next time I see it. What solvents do people prefer to use?

how are you guys cleaning with a rod? is there enough room to pass a rod through the action end?

Not really, I stick the rod down from the muzzle end and then attach my cleaning attachments at the breach. then pull towards the muzzle.

If anyone has any better methods I am all ears.

Get yourself one of those hoppes shotgun cleaning kits that have the tornado and the tampon.

Soak the tampon with CLP degreaser, run it through the barrel a few times and let it sit over night. Run the tornado through it once, then run a patch or something through.

Should look like new. My gun is a 2001 and the barrel looks just as good as the day I bought it.

Edited by Tombs

WON'T THE SS TORNADO BRUSH ,SCRATCH THE CHROME LINED BARREL ?

Get yourself one of those hoppes shotgun cleaning kits that have the tornado and the tampon.

Soak the tampon with CLP degreaser, run it through the barrel a few times and let it sit over night. Run the tornado through it once, then run a patch or something through.

Should look like new. My gun is a 2001 and the barrel looks just as good as the day I bought it.

WON'T THE SS TORNADO BRUSH ,SCRATCH THE CHROME LINED BARREL ?

If I've had the gun this long, and that's been a standard practice all this time... How exactly would it appear scratched when I said it looks new?