My local gunsmith had a few Arsenal Saiga-12s left for $575 a piece (had them at just $500 until a couple of weeks ago). He said that a dealer from South Dakote just bought 5 from him. My buddy called him from Germany today and then called me and asked me to go over there and give the guy some cash as a down payment. My buddy is in the Army and is flying in for a leave this Friday. He's going to pick up this Saiga-12 from this gunsmith on Monday.

Anyway, I already have a converted S12, but while I was over there at the gunsmith's store, something came over me, I got greedy and decided that I wanted to buy another Saiga-12 and keep it as an investment. So, I did. Unfortunately, money is pretty tight right now. The cash which I paid for this S12 was saved up by me and was going to be used to finally pay off my outstanding credit card bill next month and also to fund a small vacation with a couple of good friends who are flying in to see me (including the guy coming on leave from Germany).

You guys think that there's a possibility that I might have made the good choice... that this is, indeed, a decent investment? Frigging gunsmith kept talking about how the ATF has indeed blocked any further shipments, but that NRA is going to sue them over it, blah blah blah. I feel so bad about making another impulse gun purchase, while I should be getting rid of debt and starting to actually save money. :( Make me feel better about it... or worse. :)

Dont feel too bad, When I bought my first(and only) S-12 It was an impulse buy that I really didnt need to be buying at the time. Thank God I got it when I did for $500 OTD!!

True you shoulda payed off your credit card but screw it you got an awesome gun instead, pay off the CC next month!027.gif

ETA, I'd say given the current prices and the fact they probably wont go back down much $575 is a decent investment

Edited by big-J

My local gunsmith had a few Arsenal Saiga-12s left for $575 a piece (had them at just $500 until a couple of weeks ago). He said that a dealer from South Dakote just bought 5 from him. My buddy called him from Germany today and then called me and asked me to go over there and give the guy some cash as a down payment. My buddy is in the Army and is flying in for a leave this Friday. He's going to pick up this Saiga-12 from this gunsmith on Monday.

Anyway, I already have a converted S12, but while I was over there at the gunsmith's store, something came over me, I got greedy and decided that I wanted to buy another Saiga-12 and keep it as an investment. So, I did. Unfortunately, money is pretty tight right now. The cash which I paid for this S12 was saved up by me and was going to be used to finally pay off my outstanding credit card bill next month and also to fund a small vacation with a couple of good friends who are flying in to see me (including the guy coming on leave from Germany).

You guys think that there's a possibility that I might have made the good choice... that this is, indeed, a decent investment? Frigging gunsmith kept talking about how the ATF has indeed blocked any further shipments, but that NRA is going to sue them over it, blah blah blah. I feel so bad about making another impulse gun purchase, while I should be getting rid of debt and starting to actually save money. :( Make me feel better about it... or worse. :)

I'd pay that for another one.....PM me the info? :dollar::super:

Guys, the locals might lynch me if I disclose the name of this shop to you "foreigners" here. :) I don't want it on me. RobRez knows the shop. Maybe he is willing to disclose it.

OK....well if you change your mind on the one u bought.....dibs..... :angel:

Guys, the locals might lynch me if I disclose the name of this shop to you "foreigners" here. :) I don't want it on me. RobRez knows the shop. Maybe he is willing to disclose it.

OK....well if you change your mind on the one u bought.....dibs..... :angel:

Happy with my current one.....want a base model for hunting

And Cobra is currently making me a bad ass 7.62

post-22193-0-15196300-1302574024_thumb.jpg

Sometimes you just gotta say fugit. Job well done! I'm betting you won't loose money if you need to move in it in the future.

I know the feeling well. I told the Mrs. that I was done buying guns until the house was completely paid off (3 years). Well, Red Dragun had to bring in the 030's so there went $1500. Then SEF Tactical came out with a 9mm UMP conversion, so there went another $1000. Then I found a SCAR17 that I couldn't live without...another $2700 gone. Fucking addictions...

There is a Mom-n-Pop LGS in Andalusia, AL, Southern GunWorks, they had a S12 in stock for $575.00, but it disappeared last time I was in the store :rolleyes:

They might have one or two more... Check'em out.

Edited by ChileRelleno

Sometimes you just gotta say fugit. Job well done! I'm betting you won't loose money if you need to move in it in the future.

I know the feeling well. I told the Mrs. that I was done buying guns until the house was completely paid off (3 years). Well, Red Dragun had to bring in the 030's so there went $1500. Then SEF Tactical came out with a 9mm UMP conversion, so there went another $1000. Then I found a SCAR17 that I couldn't live without...another $2700 gone. Fucking addictions...

i feel exactly the same way. i keep telling myself to stop buying more guns, but i keep seeing things that i want. one time i went into big 5 with the intent of buying a hat... and i walked out with the receipt for a new rifle.

god damn it...

i feel exactly the same way. i keep telling myself to stop buying more guns, but i keep seeing things that i want. one time i went into big 5 with the intent of buying a hat... and i walked out with the receipt for a new rifle.

god damn it...

A rifle is more practical than a hat. Well, at least it holds it's value better.

My wife keeps me from getting too impulsive, for better or worse.

Imo if you already have one finish off that cc debt/take that vacation. Putting of cc bills costs more in the long run. And I know from my experience if I don't take at least a 3 week vacation once a year i'd blow my brains out. That's not to say im not impulsive. God knows how many times I've had firearms related buyers remorse. But the way I look at it is if I already have one that's good enough for me.

I figure I've got one of each covered (in some cases 2) all I want now is a 10/22 and a single shot 45-70

Like any investment its a calculated gamble. You might make out like a bandit or not.

Edited by Arik

Well if it helps I bought 2 consecutive serial numbered S-12 last week from Mike at MDarms for just the same reason you did I had 4 already but wanted a few more JIC if the ban on importing does not happen I will sell 2 other S-12's off and make the pair into his and hers 12" SBS's and if the ban does happen then I have 6 S-12's 4 to shot and 2 to use for parts later on in life. everyone should have atleast 2 S-12's because if a bolt or carrier goes bad or a accident happens and you cant get spare parts your gun is useless so don't feel bad you did good in buying another now what you should do is convert the new gun get it to run reliable and put it away and keep it in good shape and only shoot the old one.

You did good! I was going to do the same thing a week or 2 ago, but turned away before talking myself into prying open my wallet.....I paid bills. I will always have bills to pay, may Not always have a Saiga 12 available. It would be nice to have a pair of them!

god damn it...

A rifle is more practical than a hat. Well, at least it holds it's value better.

My wife keeps me from getting too impulsive, for better or worse.

haha very true man. thing is though with that particular rifle, it was exactly what i had been looking for, that being an AR style 22 with peep sights. the thing is cheap to shoot, and sexy as hell.

so it was technically an impulse purchase, but i had been looking for something similar, and it fit perfectly. besides, it was on sale, i had to buy it!!

mp1522.png

Edited by Cali_Armz