Bolt stop and spring seem to have parted ways with bolt to the rear.

I need to remove piston and bolt to get to it. Correct? (Bolt held to rear).

Any suggestions? I've tried to work stop down by myself and just cannot do it.

Will get help Thursday,

Some tips on what to do and after I get to stop.

Thanks in advance. MrMitch

My BHO spring came off and the lever is jammed with the action back

WTF do I do now

I would try to help, but I'm not sure what the problem is.:unsure:

Fixed?

Edited by WhiskeyMinion

Bolt stop and spring seem to have parted ways with bolt to the rear.

I need to remove piston and bolt to get to it. Correct? (Bolt held to rear).

Any suggestions? I've tried to work stop down by myself and just cannot do it.

Will get help Thursday,

Some tips on what to do and after I get to stop.

If I understand you correctly the spring slipped off of the dog ear on the Bolt Stop, (also known as Bolt-Hold-Open or "BHO" for short) likely while shooting, & the bolt carrier is jammed up on it right?

Whatever you do, don't smack the charging handle with a hammer to try to get the carrier unjammed unless you want me to have to weld your handle back on like I just finished up for the last person who tried the "bigger hammer" route.

You might try to get the carrier back a bit to unjam it with your trusty BOHAS (Big Ol' Harry Ass Screwdriver)

Disassembling the bolt or op-rod from the carrier while in the weapon is not an option.

When you do get the carrier dislodged, put a notch in the dog-ear of the BHO where the spring sits, then use very fine needle-nose pliers, locking hemostats, or a dental pick to lift the spring end & place it on the dog-ear of the BHO, then you'll never have the issue again.

To notch the BHO, you don't even need to remove axis pins if the spring's off, it can just swing up & you can notch it with a dremel cut-off wheel like this;

Untitled-5.jpg

I have people send the BHO's in as part of GlassBolt & do it to them for added reliability.

• Like 1

If it's simply a matter of the bolt/carrier being locked back without a spring to push the BHO lever down, why can't you just pull the tab that sticks through the bottom of the receiver down with a pair of needle nose pliers? Worked for me. Then notch the lever as Pauly suggested and you should be good to go.

Edited by timy

Got 'er done and thanks for the help.

Had to remove bolt and piston using a friend and a screwdriver.

The BHO gizmo was high into the bolt and could not be pushed back in place until tension was relieved.

Took a few tries but we got it. I know what to do in the future.

Thanks again for helping a newbie!

I actually pulled a hand muscle working on the thing.

Fired and worked just fine after it was realigned.

Must be broken in now as it cycled Federal low brass game loads

today on #2 setting.

BTDT, you wouldn't believe how far I threw the BHO when I converted my S-12. I wouldn't be surprised if it entered orbit... :lolol:

LOL on that.

My Saiga came with the BHO and my "conversion" was the simple, easy type. No moving the FCG.

I have a large collection of guns, but few shotguns.

The "wow" factor is great as well as it being an excellent shotgun.

Gonna for sure keep this one.

I know....bbbut I'm an old hermit living in a hut in the woods with an old Jack Russell.

We does de bestest wes can!. :unsure:

Well I am a young hermit living in a small nascar town. YOU CAN DO IT!! just have the dog hold the punch. :devil:

I know....bbbut I'm an old hermit living in a hut in the woods with an old Jack Russell.

JACK RUSSELL! :smoke:

Here is our "shop-dog"....he has a stash of shiny new hk sears hidden somewhere in the shop :angry:

DSC02458.jpg

DSC02439.jpg

Anyone that lives in a shack with a Jack Russell is tops in my book. Pay shipping both ways and I'll do your bolt/carrier/BHO for free.

• Like 2

JACK RUSSELL! :smoke:

Here is our "shop-dog"....he has a stash of shiny new hk sears hidden somewhere in the shop :angry:

DSC02458.jpg

DSC02439.jpg

Anyone that lives in a shack with a Jack Russell is tops in my book. Pay shipping both ways and I'll do your bolt/carrier/BHO for free.

It's been a while since I've seen a pet coon, I used to have one when I was a kid until my dog killed it. How is it in the shop? Does it shit over everything and do what it wants or can they be trained not to do that?

Does it shit over everything and do what it wants or can they be trained not to do that?

it goes in the cat's litterbox. Throw it a Big Mac and it will sleep all day under the counter. He is a helluva welder.

LOL! I used to have a pair of coons here that I raised from orphaned babies. They were cool as shit! Never will forget the trip home from the wildlife rehab place with them running all around the inside of my Mustang while I was trying to drive...getting all under the pedals, running across the dash, messing with the gear shift and turn signals... Smart little buggers too. Took em about 3 seconds to figure out how to pop the top off a peanut jar and reach down inside and grab all they wanted. Fun critters til they start getting grown up and ready for more space. I think "Mischief" was about 15 pounds or so when his balls got bigger than his brain and he tried to eat my hand one day...009.gif

Now he lives back there in the woods in his own little shack...lol.

LOL! I used to have a pair of coons here that I raised from orphaned babies......Now he lives back there in the woods in his own little shack...lol.

Shannon, I've known you for 5 years, and everyday you get even cooler! :smoke:

You EVER come to St Louis, I will take you out for a day of shooting you will never forget. That offer stands, indefinately!

you can send me your stuff w/ $15 bucks for return shipping if you want :smoke:

If you want to send your stuff, put attn: Matt on it.

http://csm-w.com/products/index.html?id=99&submit=view

:shocked: You oughtta take him up on that. :up: Freebies don't come along very often, especially ones that help!

I agree, I'd be all over that like a hog on slop! :super: