Found an interesting vid tonight. Never heard of this technique of actually cutting a shotshell before firing it. The vid explains it all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3M46XVfVOU

Two things stick out. Apparently these don't do well in a semi auto, and the guy with the S12 shooting against the old timer is a REALLY sorry shot! Gotta admit though, I want to try this out...

• Like 1

That's a gray area since it is illegal to modify ammo.

Can you please link that law. Instead of make vague statements that create more rumors. Or is that kind of like its perfectly legal for you to be a gunsmith without actually being a gunsmith and sell guns over the internet without an FFL?

• Like 5

That's a gray area since it is illegal to modify ammo.

Can you please link that law. Instead of make vague statements that create more rumors. Or is that kind of like its perfectly legal for you to be a gunsmith without actually being a gunsmith and sell guns over the internet without an FFL?

LOL! +1!

• Like 1

So, back on subject, would this method actually be effective against say, Deer??? I'm no expert but I would say this would just piss off a big Buck.

Id just use a rifle....but if I was hungry and trying to feed my family. Hell I would use anything.....and tell anyone who told me it was illegal to kindly go screw himself.

So, back on subject, would this method actually be effective against say, Deer??? I'm no expert but I would say this would just piss off a big Buck.

The dude in the vid says it without a doubt will drop a buck. In fact the origin of this type of cut ammo came from the depression era, when folks had to put meat on the table and slugs were not real common or real cheap to buy...

• Like 1

I would think that it would drop any animal just as well as an actual slug would, only you would have to be careful not to bite down to hard when your eating that deer roast unless you enjoy cracking your teeth on birdshot.