Why the ugly trigger guard conversions?

I wonder if he will be selling these bad ass trigger guards separately? Maybe even css will start stocking them. Since they are so "bad ass" I think I have that backwards. Ya ass bad seems better for some reason. Actually I think we should group buy all he has and kill them with fire cause these abortions that lived need to be stopped before they continue to pollute the gene pool. I also believe this asshats gene pool needs chlorine too cause the shits floating to the top.

Edited by kindapointless

Bahh...... There ain't a one of you haters got a pic in your profiles of your trigger guards, except Heath.... I'ma hearing mad jealousy!

:haha: :haha: :haha:

I'm jealous :angel:

post-22401-0-96048000-1303958313_thumb.jpg

.... and I wish I had a bad ass Saiga 12. I really need some of those Promags too.... those are cool :rolleyes:

post-22401-0-78845400-1303958497_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Bahh...... There ain't a one of you haters got a pic in your profiles of your trigger guards, except Heath.... I'ma hearing mad jealousy!

.... and I wish I had a bad ass Saiga 12. I really need some of those Promags too.... those are cool :rolleyes:

I'm extremely jelous of your Saiga12 & all those drums/5rounders.

• Like 1

I'm extremely jealous of his 300 round mag-dump video...

• Like 1

Hey evl, are those all Izhmash 5-rnders?

Nice collection either way, man. Now you need some factory 8's. :chris:

Oh, and my triggerguard may only be a screw installation, (trust me, it's never goin anywhere without a lot of deliberate effort), but it's still better lookin than yours! :haha:

Also, you'll be glad to know that I finally replaced my stock. It just couldn't handle long-term high-brass recoil, and I shoot a lot of buck/slugs.

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • Like 1

I'm extremely jealous of his 300 round mag-dump video...

I'd sooner buy 5 more MD-20s than change 20- 5 rounders again. It started and ended rough, but I can say that I trust the weapon now. I may do another one if Mike has another sale on the drums.... or maybe just a 200 round flawless performance video :angel:

Oh, and my triggerguard may only be a screw installation, (trust me, it's never goin anywhere without a lot of deliberate effort), but it's still better lookin than yours! :haha:

Also, you'll be glad to know that I finally replaced my stock. It just couldn't handle long-term high-brass recoil, and I shoot a lot of buck/slugs.

Yes, they are all factory mags. I had an 8 rounder, but didn't see what the big deal was.

I was rocking a factory takeoff guard with a 10-32 button head allen screw before the video. I really don't care what it is as long as I can get to the mag catch :lolol:

I kniow you liked that stock, but it was one ugly mofo. It reminded me of a driver. I could see someone using it as a golfclub if they were in a pinch ;)

ETA: +1 for getting rid of that stock. I can't believe you tried to talk me into getting one of those :eek:

Edited by evlblkwpnz

Yes, they are all factory mags. I had an 8 rounder, but didn't see what the big deal was.

I was rocking a factory takeoff guard with a 10-32 button head allen screw before the video. I really don't care what it is as long as I can get to the mag catch :lolol:

I kniow you liked that stock, but it was one ugly mofo. It reminded me of a driver. I could see someone using it as a golfclub if they were in a pinch ;)

ETA: +1 for getting rid of that stock. I can't believe you tried to talk me into getting one of those :eek:

Did you get some kind of volume discount on factory 5's? Cause you have a shitload of em. When I saw the pic, I suspected at least some were Taiwanese. Considering it was your collection, I should have known better. :D

The pic, (and mentioning that you have even more), makes me think about how many Izzy 5's I could have bought for what I paid for my 3 Izzy 8's. The 8's are, admittedly, horribly overpriced due to ATF-induced rarity, but you have to admit that they are, hands-down, the sexiest mags available for the S-12.

My ACE ULM stock would have made a shitty driver... but you could have used it as a putter in a pinch. :D Did I really try to convince you to buy one of those? I thought I just defended the stock's looks when you shit all over it. :angel:

I use an AK-Builder triggerguard and safety stop. They might not be factory parts, but they look better than factory parts, (especially the safety stop). :smoke:

For anyone who's not familiar with the stock and/or triggerguard etc in question, here's a pic:

lsam301.jpg

For now, I just have a DPH aluminum skeleton stock, (with 1" ACE recoil pad), installed directly to my gun's internal receiver block. I'm still trying to decide whether or not to have one of my Izzy folder kits installed, (like you, I have a few rifle candidates).

FWIW, the ATF is not the reason the Izhmash 8's are so expensive. They are priced high from the factory in case you didn't know.

I know that Izhmash doesn't exactly sell them cheap, but the ATF does keep US businesses/individuals from importing them in any significant numbers, which makes them rare in the US, which always drives up the price of an item.

FWIW, the ATF is not the reason the Izhmash 8's are so expensive. They are priced high from the factory in case you didn't know.

I know that Izhmash doesn't exactly sell them cheap, but the ATF does keep US businesses/individuals from importing them in any significant numbers, which makes them rare in the US, which always drives up the price of an item.

Agreed, but some of us can get them at near factory pricing, and skip all the markup from the bullshit. I shudder to think of the price some people have paid for them. When we have opportunities to get them for near $100. I have seen some $2-300 mags floating around certain circles.

Edited by beefcakeb0

Agreed, but some of us can get them at near factory pricing, and skip all the markup from the bullshit. I shudder to think of the price some people have paid for them. When we have opportunities to get them for near $100. I have seen some $2-300 mags floating around certain circles.

Yeah, since in almost all cases someone looking to buy Izzy 8's over here will be buying from a private individual in the US, prices can vary widely from "fair" (~$100-$130), to "overpriced" (~$150), to "completely ridiculous" (~$160+). I paid ~$100 for one of mine, and ~$125 apiece for the other two. I think I did alright.

I'd love to pick up a couple more in the ~$90-$100 range, though. The key to that, (for me, anyway, without any big risky group buys), seems to be doing business with a foreign source. I'm working on finding another.

I was already having evl thoughts of taking a pic with the 12 sitting on a stack of drums and mags.

I don't have an Internet connection here in Cincinnati, so I am having to use the iphone. This is kicking my ass.

I was already having evl thoughts of taking a pic with the 12 sitting on a stack of drums and mags.

I don't have an Internet connection here in Cincinnati, so I am having to use the iphone. This is kicking my ass.

You have little excuse for not having a laptop. It's a business expense! :D

Edited by post-apocalyptic

You mean these? :smoke:

gallery_20718_478_221855.jpg

gallery_20718_478_138722.jpg

I like it. It's TIG welded and 13ga, so it's not going anywhere soon, and it fits my gloved boogerhook when I need to use the boom-button. Good enough for me. :super:

Edited by Heath_h49008