What is this 12 gauge worth now?

I bought it new over a year ago, Im thinking about consigning it to buy a nice regular shotgun.

It has a 19 inch externaly threaded barrel, ramp sight & 5 five round mags. Its just as I got it, it hasnt been converted. The only mark on it is from where the safety scratches the side & its had less then 100 rounds through it.

Thanks in advance for any info :D

WHAT? You have one of the most sought after Saigas in the US with enough mags to boot and you want to get a "regular shotgun"? Sorry dude but I just have to ask WHY?

You should hang on to that one. I know I'm keeping my 2.

Hint: You could sell 4 of those mags and buy a regular shotgun to outshoot with the Saiga.

WHAT? You have one of the most sought after Saigas in the US with enough mags to boot and you want to get a "regular shotgun"? Sorry dude but I just have to ask WHY?

You should hang on to that one. I know I'm keeping my 2.

Hint: You could sell 4 of those mags and buy a regular shotgun to outshoot with the Saiga.

By regular Im talking about a 590 with ghost rings or something of that nature. If 8 round mags were cheaper I would be more inclined to keep it.

By the way why is this one sought after?

By the way why is this one sought after?

Short threaded barrel.

Hey Cobra,

did you paint your bolt to look like that, or did you polish it?

Its been beadblasted and polished.

that has got to be the coolest single "detail" I've seen on any of the saiga's in this forum. Of course the wood furniture adds to it too. Why don't more people do that? Is it just me and you who think that's cool? I just want people at the range to say "Nice AK.......wait a minute"

Bead blasted and polished, what did that run? or did you do it yourself. Okay one more question, did you polish the whole carrier, or just the side that shows?

that has got to be the coolest single "detail" I've seen on any of the saiga's in this forum.  Of course the wood furniture adds to it too.  Why don't more people do that? 

You just dont realize the time and trouble Cobra went to in making that

beauty of a shotgun. Not just anyone could do it....

LB

HunterGren I suggest posting your S-12 in the for sale forum here and sell to the highest bidder. You can get enough for that gun with those mags to buy a new mossberg with all the trimmings and a ton of ammo.

Shaneman the carrier was completely blasted by a fellow member who doesn't come around much anymore. Then I polished it with my dremel and some metal polish he sent me. He did it as a favor to me for cost of shipping only. I gave him some of my homegrown hot sauce and some other stuff anyway for his time. If you can find someone with a beadblaster he said it only took like 5 min. to do it and also the one from my S-410. If you want more details on my AKS-12 conversion check out the tutorial I posted that is pinned at the top of the page.

Quote: You just dont realize the time and trouble Cobra went to in making that

USMC, I don't know where you're coming from with this statement. I don't know if you took my comment as a shot at cobra, or if you're just trying to discourage everyone from trying something new. I'm the kind of guy who has the patience to carve out a stockset from a solid laminated block. All it takes is patience, time, some chisels, time, a dremel, and time time time time. I'm sure not just anyone can do this, my wife can't carve worth a sh&%.

I enjoy all sorts of woodworking, especially carving. I'm still learning, so it won't be perfect, but it will be good enough to post a 2" X 4" picture taken from 4 feet away, and none of you will be able to tell how f%^&ed up it really is! LOL So if you are trying to discourage me, sorry, ain't gonna happen. I'm not taking a shot at you, I just heard some hostility, so I want to know where you're coming from. Maybe I'm just overreacting because you're a marine (Tee hee). Okay sorry, just kidding.

That's all for now gents, thanks cobra, I'm going to have to look into that, that bolt really sets yours aside from the rest of ours!

First thanks for the compliments.

Dude USMC was not takin a shot at anyone he was merely stating the truth and I didn't feel any negative vibes. That polished bolt carrier is the very least important thing on the gun as far as originality and enginuity that went into that project. Read thru the tutorial like he has and see what he means. I can carve anything out of wood myself but building something like that is a far cry from wood carving. Take my word for it. Take a chill pill and don't be so quick to jump at things that are said on this forum. Unlike most all the other gun boards this one is not full of a bunch of smart asses and we like to keep it that way.

Cobra,

I wasn't trying to take anything away from your stockset by saying I could carve it, carving isn't hard, getting the damn thing on the gun will be the tricky part! And believe me, I've read it, and will be following every step using your technique to attach them. Why did I jump on LB? Well, because I HAVE read the tutorial, (Somehow I missed the beadblasting part) and realize that it is NOT easy, and you have WAY MORE experience, those facts are obvious, and not worth posting. But LB, here's what you posted:

You just dont realize the time and trouble Cobra went to in making that

And here's what I heard:

Slow down kid, you haven't read shit, you don't know shit, and you're not Cobra, so don't even try it.

If I took it wrong, sorry, that's why I asked where you're coming from.

Cobra, all I'm saying is that the bolt carrier is a nice touch, and I wasn't trying to belittle all of the time you put into the REST OF THE PROJECT by complimenting the thing that you think took the least amount of enginuity and time.

Alright, have I plead my case well enough?? Everyone understands where I'm comin' from??

Albeit, I have had a buttload of coffee this morning, and may be quick to take shots, sorry LB.

BTW, I forgot to ask, Hunter, you ever figure out a price on that bad boy, I may want it myself!

Im still unsure, I had somone here offer 500 for it but I want to try to sell it locally on consignment at a gun store.

Dude, I would take the 500$ cash and run... (the used gun market is DYING here in georgia..no one is buying shit)...IF you are sure you wanna get rid of her..they are getting more rare to find than a hot looking Virgin these days...but hey, cash is king, so WTF... good luck at any rate.

I bought my 1st S 12, a 19" threaded just like yours, 2000 mdl from a fellow S12 member "slag" with 5 five rounders for $550. That was 350 for the gun and 1 mag with the extra 4 five rdrs at 50 bucks apiece. I think that was a good deal.

Hey hunter,

I paid 360.00 for mine NIB, and it's the bitch-ass 22 in FC. I don't know how the market is where you are, but 'round here I'm sure you could sell it for 400 (1 mag). Then you could cut me a fat discount on those 4 mags, because I'm terminally ill and that's the only thing I want. LOL

Dude USMC was not takin a shot at anyone he was merely stating the truth and I didn't feel any negative vibes.

Read thru the tutorial like he has and see what he means.

building something like that is a far cry from wood carving. Take my word for it.

Take a chill pill and don't be so quick to jump at things that are said on this forum.

Thanks 76, for clearing that up.

Shaneman, you completely took what I said wrong... I was answering your question

"Why don't more people do that?"

Believe me, IF it was a simple bolt on project almost EVERYONE would switch out

their Saiga forends ( which IMHO are ugly ) for AK stuff ( that looks kewl )...

I assumed you meant why dont more ppl just add the AK style foregrips instead of just keeping the stock Saiga foreends.

I posted what I posted because in my experience here at Saiga-12 whenever someone comes up with "something new" ESPECIALLY with a very comprehensive tutorial, many others will do it too AND post pictures of their finished project.

YMMV

Other than that wacky red Saiga competition race gun with the homemade barrel compensator and matching hi-cap mags, Cobra76's S-12 is prolly the most unique S-12 thats ever been seen here. When people see that race gun they prolly say, "WTF?!?!?". Almost EVERYONE that sees Cobra's S-12 says, "Whoa ! kewl ! Where

can I get one !"

Many, many people would switch out there Saiga forends for a AK style in a minute if given an opportunity.

Cobra has shown EXACTLY how to do it and as far as I have noticed not one person has attempted it and been sucessful... at least if they were, I have not seen the

pictures.

I assumed that since you asked, "Why don't more people do that?" that you

obviously had not seen or read Cobra's tutorial. Cobra assumed that as well...

I figured if you had read it you could see that "most" people do not have the patience or skill to complete a project with that amount of DIY handiwork...

Glad we got it straight now.

LB

Edited by USMC_LB

Hunter, i happen to be lucky enough to get a 590 with all the timmings (speedfeed, ghost rings and bayo lug) and i know it was close to 500. the only reason that i don't use my saiga for the house over the 590 is the simple fact that i couldn't find one like yours, personally i would ask for more than 350 for yours

just my .02