Starting this topic due to the frustration of people not knowing the actual laws for firearms that are legal in Ca.

Saiga's are perfectly legal in the state of Ca. The Saiga 12 must have a Mag lock prior to entering the state, but all other non-converted are legal.

A few weeks ago I sent an email to Centerfire systems about shipping a Saiga to Ca (of course to an FFL). They said "no".

Looking on Gun Brooker and Guns America, there are Saiga's that I would like to buy (308) but they state will not ship to CA.

I called Rguns about the AR pistol they have listed and the guy on the phone said no they don't ship to Ca due to having to spend 20k for some reason. Didn't make any sence what he was saying.

For an AR pistol to be sold to Ca, it must have a bullet button (mag lock) and a one shot sled (mag) and not be on the List of AW for the state. Thats for any Rifle or handgun. Can't be on the list.

I have ordered a AR pistol from Atlantic Firearms with no problem. I have ordered a Draco pistol from Peachstate guns with no problem.

The normal response from some is "Move out of the State" Well not as easy as it sounds, as well as they are legal in the state Dumb Ass.

Anyways.... Blowing off Steam due to the idiots that are in business to make money, yet they don't know what there doing...

• Like 3

Understand that some businesses dont ship to Kali simply due to their ridiculous laws, not exactly because what they are selling is "illegal" in kali.You are free to boycott their business just as they are free to boycott your state.

Edited by Chevyman097

from what I heard / read..

the dealer SELLING also has to be listed on the California approved dealer list or something.. hence the $20K cost the one dealer shipping in to CA stated.. I dunno.. alot of dealers just don't want to play the Cali game.. or the NY/NJ game either..

have you called Carolina Shooters Supply and ask about it?? there are top notch in the knowledge.. or Tac47 ??

Al

• Like 1

I chose to live in Cali because I'm a short drive to the ocean, mountains, and the desert. And if a busmess won't deal with me because I'm in California than screw them, my hard earned money will be spent else ware, thankfully the good venders on this forum will ship to Cali.

• Like 3

Starting this topic due to the frustration of people not knowing the actual laws for firearms that are legal in Ca.

Saiga's are perfectly legal in the state of Ca. The Saiga 12 must have a Mag lock prior to entering the state, but all other non-converted are legal.

A few weeks ago I sent an email to Centerfire systems about shipping a Saiga to Ca (of course to an FFL). They said "no".

Looking on Gun Brooker and Guns America, there are Saiga's that I would like to buy (308) but they state will not ship to CA.

I called Rguns about the AR pistol they have listed and the guy on the phone said no they don't ship to Ca due to having to spend 20k for some reason. Didn't make any sence what he was saying.

For an AR pistol to be sold to Ca, it must have a bullet button (mag lock) and a one shot sled (mag) and not be on the List of AW for the state. Thats for any Rifle or handgun. Can't be on the list.

I have ordered a AR pistol from Atlantic Firearms with no problem. I have ordered a Draco pistol from Peachstate guns with no problem.

The normal response from some is "Move out of the State" Well not as easy as it sounds, as well as they are legal in the state Dumb Ass.

Anyways.... Blowing off Steam due to the idiots that are in business to make money, yet they don't know what there doing...

Are private owners allowed to ship to a Cali FFL for you to pick up?

Man, if you ever get tired of it, there are a whole bunch of other states where you can own just about anything you want to.

If you want to stick around and assert your second amendment rights, use the polls to make your voice heard. Otherwise you can always vote with your feet.

Most Californians are one or two generations removed from Appalachia, Texas, Oklahoma, or the deep south. If owning a gun in a free state is high on your list, maybe it's time you rediscovered your American roots.

Just a thought, brother.

• Like 1

Understand that some businesses dont ship to Kali simply due to their ridiculous laws, not exactly because what they are selling is "illegal" in kali.You are free to boycott their business just as they are free to boycott your state.

True "Boycott" is the typical answer.

Saigas are not illegal in Ca.

I don't understand my people choose to live in left-wing theocracies like CA, MA and MD. I can certainly understand why people refuse to deal with their insane laws if they don't live there.

Well, lets see I was born in Ca. I served my country in the Army for 13yrs active, returned back due to my family is in Ca.

Insane laws... Yes very true.. but we are allowed to have Saigas. AK's and AR's with a simple mag lock allows us to have all the features on those systems... minus a 30rd mag... and rifle length has to be 30". Insane laws are due to the people allowing voted reps into office that support that agenda.

Thanks for the input guys :haha:

Are private owners allowed to ship to a Cali FFL for you to pick up?

To Answer your question Yes, but it must meet The F'upd rules...

I just came across nalioth's post great stuff:

AS A SELLER/SHIPPER OF FIREARMS

For a quick reference, check these links:

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/index.htm

http://www.usps.com/cpim/ftp/pubs/pub52.pdf

http://www.fedex.com/us/national/rulestari...d_articles.html

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources...s/firearms.html

http://www.thegunzone.com/ship-guns.html

AS A SELLER/SHIPPER - IF YOU WANT TO SAVE TIME READING:

How about this "short course" on shipping firearms:

***Declare all firearm shipments***and***Unless prohibited by your state or local laws***

A Non-FFL can ship a rifle or shotgun, via US Mail or common carrier (Fed Ex or UPS) to an FFL, back to the factory, or gunsmith, or out of state (to yourself). Or ship a rifle to another non-prohibited person within your state.

A Non-FFL can also ship a pistol via common carrier to an FFL, back to the factory, or gunsmith, or out of state (to yourself). Or ship a pistol (via common carrier) to another non-prohibited person within your state.

The common carriers make the rules on how they want it shipped (overnight, same day or whatever), cause they can't trust their employees.

*THINGS MAY HAVE CHANGED* Some UPS employees THINK that the additional tariff rule ONLY allows shipping by authorized lic. to authorized lic. But read it carefully, it DOES allow for a non-FFL to ship to a FFL holder, back to the factory, or gunsmith. A lot of folks use Fed Ex cause, UPS has some ”problem employees,” that have a difficult time reading their own rules. *THINGS MAY HAVE CHANGED*

US POSTAL SERVICE:

Non-FFL people, may mail a rifle or shotgun via the USPS.

Non-FFL people, may NOT mail a handgun via the USPS. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun.

For an FFL holder, a pistol (or rifle or shotgun) can be shipped FFL to FFL, FFL to the factory, or FFL to the gunsmith, via the US Mail.

Shipping to an FFL, without a signed inked FFL in your hand:

The shipper/seller, for their protection, needs to verify the receiver is a licensed dealer. They need to ask for the receiver's FFL Number.

The shipper should then go to this website to verify the license and address: ATF FFL Ez Check Site.

The shipper should print the screen they get.

They can then legally ship the gun to the receiver, but only at the address verified at the Ez Check Site.

IF YOU’RE THE BUYER OF A FIREARM (FROM ANOTHER STATE

Since this is SALE of a firearm, the seller will ship the firearm to your FFL (not directly to you). Once the gun is at your local FFL, the FFL will record it in his book, he'll be responsible to check you out. Making sure you're not a prohibited person, have followed your local and state laws, have paid the correct fees (if applicable), and of course filled out form 4473.

Only Federal laws are referenced here, you are responsible for knowing your own state and local laws before personally shipping or receiving firearms.

Edited by RLTW
  • Like 1

Man, if you ever get tired of it, there are a whole bunch of other states where you can own just about anything you want to.

If you want to stick around and assert your second amendment rights, use the polls to make your voice heard. Otherwise you can always vote with your feet.

Most Californians are one or two generations removed from Appalachia, Texas, Oklahoma, or the deep south. If owning a gun in a free state is high on your list, maybe it's time you rediscovered your American roots.

Just a thought, brother.

Believe me Brother if I could I would... I have to great of a job here to leave, and like I said my parents are here.

Heck my mom is from North Dakota, and my dad from Ohio. Both my Grandparents moved to Cali after WWII. They were tired of the weather and there were jobs out here.... Funny thing most jobs are now moving to your state and overseas... Times have changed.. The weather is still great :super:

Just a thought, brother.

Believe me Brother if I could I would... I have to great of a job here to leave, and like I said my parents are here.

Heck my mom is from North Dakota, and my dad from Ohio. Both my Grandparents moved to Cali after WWII. They were tired of the weather and there were jobs out here.... Funny thing most jobs are now moving to your state and overseas... Times have changed.. The weather is still great :super:

Sounds like you can have a relative or a forum friend buy the shotty and then sell it to you.....

Sounds like you can have a relative or a forum friend buy the shotty and then sell it to you.....

Of course through proper transfer and stuff (FFL and DROS)... don't want a straw deal ... then again the ATF does it...lol

• Like 1

Don't let it get under your skin bro. I know your pain, grew up in San Diego and now live in the Bay Area. I do my best to educate dealers very politely and respectfully, with penal codes, letters form the California Department of Justice, whatever it takes. If they still refuse to sell to Cali than that is their loss. More and more dealers these days are learning that California is a HUGE market for firearms. Calguns is doing a lot to help educate, and i'm sure if your on here you must definitely be familiar with Calguns.net. You can't expect all dealers to go out of their way to keep magazine locks in their inventory, and take the time to read up on each states laws, just incase someone from Cali wants one. But the ones who do reap the benefits. Companies like Atlantic have realized this and they have a whole cali-legal section on their website, just like Peachstate did back when Saigas were plentiful. If your looking for one still I'll send you a PM with a dealer who I bought one from about a month ago, who has the cali versions in stock according to their website. Won't post it on here because its not a forum member.

Edit: sorry sent you info about a Saiga 12, got confused since you were talking about both. I've got a .308 here in cali too but I picked it up off of someone on Calguns. How much were you looking to spend?

Edited by chaseface

from what I heard / read..

the dealer SELLING also has to be listed on the California approved dealer list or something.. hence the $20K cost the one dealer shipping in to CA stated.. I dunno.. alot of dealers just don't want to play the Cali game.. or the NY/NJ game either..

have you called Carolina Shooters Supply and ask about it?? there are top notch in the knowledge.. or Tac47 ??

Al

Any FFL can ship to a dealer in California, you don't have to pay any sort of fees to do that.