anyone know if these work

I saw this low brass reliability kit available thru CCS and was wondering if anyone has tried one or know if they work ? if you look at the pic it looks like it has four ports but my S-12 only has three ports so I'm not sure how that would work but I may look into this so if anyone knows more about it please give your input.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-967/Saiga-12-low-brass/Detail

Edited by pony_express1973

ok not quite sure what a sticky is or how to check them but I have been looking into a polish and port job but Damn I just got the gun and was thinking there has got to be a bette(and cheaper) way besides I'd hate to go with out it while it gets done.

ok not quite sure what a sticky is or how to check them but I have been looking into a polish and port job but Damn I just got the gun and was thinking there has got to be a bette(and cheaper) way besides I'd hate to go with out it while it gets done.

Stickies are the first dozen or so threads in the section. They have little light blue flags with a couple small arrows in 'em beside the thread. All it cost me to do a polish and port job is about $12-$15 for Dremel wheels. And if there is a better and cheaper way.... I don't think any of us have found it yet.

FYI, most people who buy quick fix parts go back and start over because they don't get the results they were hoping for and then end up spending MORE money doing it the right way.

• Like 1

Stickies are the first dozen or so threads in the section. They have little light blue flags with a couple small arrows in 'em beside the thread. All it cost me to do a polish and port job is about $12-$15 for Dremel wheels. And if there is a better and cheaper way.... I don't think any of us have found it yet.

FYI, most people who buy quick fix parts go back and start over because they don't get the results they were hoping for and then end up spending MORE money doing it the right way.

I agree, these guns came with the springs they have inside them for a reason. You can change the springs, but if you do, you've just changed the capabilities of the weapon therefore you can't expect it to respond to other ammo the way that it was designed...

I realize that these gun oftentimes need work to get them to be super reliable, so you'd figure that springs could be changed BUT, a better gas plug and some polishing of some friction areas usually gets them close or to 100%. Try that first before you start throwing parts at the gun.

Putting a "low-brass reliability kit" on a gun is like putting a new carburetor on a car with fouled spark plugs, you spend a lot of money to end up with the same problem...

I saw this low brass reliability kit available thru CCS and was wondering if anyone has tried one or know if they work ? if you look at the pic it looks like it has four ports but my S-12 only has three ports so I'm not sure how that would work but I may look into this so if anyone knows more about it please give your input.

http://store.carolin...ow-brass/Detail

I used this one ( with ETac puck) before conversion and some time after conversion and it worked fine. Now I switched back to the original spring, KA puck and Autoplug. Works excellent!

http://store.carolin...ow-brass/Detail

I used this one ( with ETac puck) before conversion and some time after conversion and it worked fine. Now I switched back to the original spring, KA puck and Autoplug. Works excellent!

So it you had no issues with it I mean i'm going to assume it works better now but as long as it does what they say it does I'd be happy

So it you had no issues with it I mean i'm going to assume it works better now but as long as it does what they say it does I'd be happy

I used the spring on my almost new gun and took it out after a couple of shots. The spring actually reduced cycling, it failed to close the bolt several times, it just wasn't strong enough on a gun with a new rough riding bolt carrier. Now that I've fired a few more rounds and had a polish job that might not be true, but I also don't need it at this point.

The gunfixer plug has a solid reputation, though the V plug and auto plus seem more popular.

The CSS puck is somewhat new, but it seems to work. Its definately better than the E-tac puck that used to ship with the kit.

My opinion is that you should get your ports checked, get a polish job done, and fire a few rounds before trying this kit.

Edited by fauxknight

If you say the guns came with the springs they have for a reason, then that stands true for the pistons, plugs, and the nonpolished parts also. Really, before you waste any money on anything else, just open the ports and polish your bcg and fcg and do your own conversion via css or some other diy set up videos. Youtube has gregs at css videos and another setup that is also great! use them!!!!!!!!!!! either one! for a great diy project that you will save mega bucks! which can easily help pay for polishing or ports if you don't want to do it! I learned the hard way, wasting dollars. the add ons do help, but the polishing and porting is the FIX! However, the plugs auto or mdarms etc... are nice b/c you dont need tools to change settings! so they are worth it to me.

Edited by Guns Are Great

I have the factory puck, and the CSS puck and the mdarms booster puck and the after markets help but your better off with ports and polishing first! then add a plug and conversion diy and spend the saved dollars on ammo and mags and more guns!! make me an offer on the aftermakets i may take some of your money.

Edited by Guns Are Great

I had fte on all low brass shells, tried the low brass reliability kit and it did't help. Checked gas ports and only had one. Sent the gun to Cadiz and when I got it back, it would even fire winchester crap. Converted it and it still will fire any bulk ammo in any position. The only problems that I had on the conversion was the trigger guard did not line up correctly and the BHO had to be modified to allow the safety to be installed last

If you say the guns came with the springs they have for a reason, then that stands true for the pistons, plugs, and the nonpolished parts also. Really, before you waste any money on anything else, just open the ports and polish your bcg and fcg and do your own conversion via css or some other diy set up videos. Youtube has gregs at css videos and another setup that is also great! use them!!!!!!!!!!! either one! for a great diy project that you will save mega bucks! which can easily help pay for polishing or ports if you don't want to do it! I learned the hard way, wasting dollars. the add ons do help, but the polishing and porting is the FIX! However, the plugs auto or mdarms etc... are nice b/c you dont need tools to change settings! so they are worth it to me.

Yes and no. It's like a car, when in it's stock state, everything is there for a reason. When you decide to modify you must choose parts carefully. You may choose to add lighter spring-rate springs but you won't be able to travel near as fast because you will bottom out on the smallest bumps in the road (ask me how I know). You COULD choose to add a "better" i.e. more controllable transmission such as going from a three speed to a four or six, this allows you to have more control over the vehicle's performance.

The gun is the same. You may choose to add lighter springs, but you won't be able to shoot medium and high powered loads. You may choose to add a more adjustable gas plug which would give you more control over the gas system. Theoretically, you could add the lighter springs and a highly adjustable gas plug so that you could all but shut the gas system off for the medium and high powered loads but I wouldn't recommend it personally.

As far as polishing goes, well, there's that whole bottom line thing and it's just cheaper to machine the parts, paint 'em, and install 'em in the weapon...

I had to join just to sing the praises of the Gunfixer Plug and Performance Puc. I just got my Saiga, tried some low-brass and didn't cycle at all, even on the lower setting. I was worried and disappointed. I today installed the new parts and it ate it up without a hitch, 60 shells. I didn't get the spring. Now, since I added two new parts, I can't say for certain that the puc did much of anything, but I'm sure the knob took care of the problem. I highly recommend this product.

Edited by LordHumungus