I just sent this eMail to Safariland! I have used their products for many years but after a very disappointing call with their customer service, not any longer. This is what I said:

Hello,

I am a retired CLEO for a State Agency here in Georgia. At Christmas of last year I ordered a 5187-38321 Holster to fit my Glock 20 with TLR2 Laser Light.

After waiting several weeks on its arrival I was pretty disappointed when this thing was so loose that the pistol would not stay in when inverted. But after it wore in a bit at 6 months it was so loose that it would rock around and was in danger of falling out when I would run! This is completely unacceptable!

When I called your customer service hotline the young lady that answered the phone started trying to blame me for this inferior design saying that I must have left it outside in a hot car! She also suggested that I take it back to my vendor for him to in turn re-mail to them for inspection. Of course there was no concern for how I am to carry my pistol for the several weeks that this would take if your order fulfillment can be used for reference.

I have used your products over my 25 years of service and frankly, shame on you for selling this over priced piece of poorly designed junk!

You may now consider me a very dissatisfied ex-customer who intends to share this story will all my friends!

• Like 3

When I called your customer service hotline the young lady that answered the phone started trying to blame me for this inferior design saying that I must have left it outside in a hot car!

I do this frequently with my Blackhawk Serpa, and have had no problems what so ever. Customer service goes a long way. If I know a business charges a little more, but has great customer service, that's where I'll return. Sorry you had a bad experience Azrial :(

Edited by stnls1911
  • Like 1

I have a 6004-832 that they assured me would fit my G17+X300 Surefire and while it fit in the holster it would hang up on the draw no matter how I adjusted it.I complained to Safariland and they made a bunch of excuses to me as well,I gave up and decided to take the belt hanger off of it and bolt it my bed frame.I did manage to boil the sucker in a big pot of hot water and reshape it a little but it was never ready for primetime and Safarliand were not very forthcoming. I will probably not buy their stuff again.

• Like 1

Did you try not leaving it outside in a hot car? (runs for cover)

Sorry, I had to do it. I just had to.:haha:

No, but perhaps that would help! The truth is this holster is either on my belt or in my home. I do not leave it anywhere. It is the only way I have to carry this large package of a pistol/laser/light, short of a sling. So it is hard for me to believe that if it was not too hot for me, that it would be too hot for the holster! But that said, if this is a known problem with their holsters, that she framed it in the form of a question, intend of making it an unsupported statement.

20-Mags, you are correct, if the holster is that wimpy, they should have made it from a different plastic. I don't seem to have a problem like this with my MD20 Drum Mag when I use my S12 on a hot day!

SOPMOD, I have just sent some time heating and shimming it, I have not got it the way I want you, but I am getting closer. But, frankly, this is something that they should be doing at the factory. I can not believe that there is much variation in the size of Glock 20 with the TLR2.

stnis1911 I have checked out Blackhawk products, but I do not think that they make one to fit this pistol/laser/light combination. Do you know different?

well i have a 6378-283 als safariland, and i had to modify the thing so it wouldnt ruin the finish on my glock like it on my buddies. the screw on the top near the rear sight thats holds the locking system in had to be shaved off some with a dremel. my buddies glock looks like pure shit from his. i learned from him. it rubs the top of the slide when drawing and re holstering and will rub the finish off if not modified. since i did the surgery havent had any issues. sorry about your troubles man.

stnis1911 I have checked out Blackhawk products, but I do not think that they make one to fit this pistol/laser/light combination. Do you know different?

I think they only make Serpa's that work with their light products :(

I think they only make Serpa's that work with their light products :(

Indeed, which is why I don't carry one on duty. I've grown too accustom to my TLR-1. If they'd make a Blackhawk holster that would accept Streamlight products I'd probably pick one up.

• Like 1

I guess that I should mention that after sending in my email, Safariland has never even bothered to respond. This company is clearly not the company that it once was. Buyer Beware!

I guess that I should mention that after sending in my email, Safariland has never even bothered to respond. This company is clearly not the company that it once was. Buyer Beware!

Thank you for posting this! :up: I recently purchased a TLR-1 and a Viridian C5 and have been looking into holsters for awhile. I will now avoid them and continue the search. :smoke: