That gun is a cartoon. I mean pretty much literally.

bolter1.jpg

Now don't get me wrong; I can appreciate a cartoon gun. But a gun should also be something OTHER than a cartoon. You should also be able to count on it to function, and that the manufacturer will stand behind their product. Otherwise it is just a fancy piece of crap.

Unfortunately with AA, you can't count on either their quality or their customer service. They've got a long history of not only preferring form over function, but of totally sacrificing the function altogether to make sexy-looking garbage. They don't seem to have any qualms about jamming it to customers for high bucks, selling them fancy paperweights when they buyers expected functional firearms accessories.

If this were any other company turning out this monster overbuilt fantasy gun with it's aluminum ingot magazines, I'd be saying "Okay. Cool." But it ain't. So until reviews say otherwise, I'm just going to assume this is another effort to bilk gun owners who haven't taken the time to research the company's antics enough to know they were buying a boat anchor.

Edited by Mr. Scratch
  • Like 2

1st time I've seen tinfoil on a gun.

:lolol:

Cost of tin foil 5 dollars

Cost of Saiga 12 600 dollars

Conversion 200 bucks

The look on your face when you know you bought something that was just covered in tinfoil for 2 grand priceless.

regarding your subquote--thanx for translating

[]

AA.jpg?t=1310784493

I got the original AApiece-o-crap prototype for sale. We'll start the bidding at $2000, do I hear $2000? Oh and don't worry about the trigger, it fell out during the first mag dump we just edited that out of the video footage. The FCG will be welded back in for a permanent install prior to shippment to your FFL of choice.

* this is not affiliated with Alliance Armament LLC, nor does this represent any weapon owed or operated by Alliance Armament LLC

• Like 3

when i saw this thread, i thought it was about the AA12.

man i feel cheated. chrome looks good on handguns, but this AA origin just doesnt pull it off.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure it isn't chrome, but aluminum. They're plan is to anodize the aluminum parts when/if they produce the gun for the public, but this is just a prototype. The fact that they didn't bother to take the extra step to do so for the prototype whose demonstration they were releasing to the public strikes me as a little half-assed, but what the heck. It's pretty clear to me at this point that AA is freakin' clueless about Public Relations and how to market a product, so failing to make the last small effort when unveiling their new flagship to the world is par for the course.

Edited by Mr. Scratch