Finally got my first IZ-107 yesterday afternoon

This is the first of two that I put in layaway about a month ago. I went to pick it up from my dealer and he said something funny before I left. He said "Most guys come in here and buy a gun and can't wait to shoot it.... you can't wait to tear it apart and start working on it." He told me that I am the only regular customer they have that skips the bullshit and gets down to business. I had a good laugh and came to the realization that I am the only person I have ever known that does this type of shit (other than here, of course, lol). Anyway, the new 107 made it through the night untouched and I tore it down earlier this afternoon. It now has the holes welded up, and has been fitted for a MD Arms trigger guard. The MD unit looks pretty nice, but one of the bends for the brace on the front isn't quite right. In the area that it is in, it will not be feasible to try and correct it. Most people wouldn't notice it even if I told them where to look, so I guess it is OK. This one will get a KVar WARSAW stock, MD Arms Molot grip, and a bobbed Saiga rifle handguard, to begin with. I have some AK100 stocks and will probably install on of those on it after I test fire it with satisfactory results. Looks like I need to get set up to apply Duracoat soon as I will have 4 S12s that need it. I may even try some Digicam on one of them :ph34r:

• Like 1

I' d always want to see if it worked out of the box, then i can get the manufacture to fix it for free if it doesn't.

If it has a problem, (blocked gas ports etc), evl will fix it himself.. and probably enjoy the process. He's "sick" like that. :D

I' d always want to see if it worked out of the box, then i can get the manufacture to fix it for free if it doesn't.

After the last two times I have sent things out.... I have trust issues :unsure:

I seem to do fine with them on my own anyways ;)

My last brand new 109 flawlessly ran a 5 round mix of Federal, Winchester, and Remington straight out of the box. I was in a state of shock. Out of the first 3 (oops.... 4) that I owned, it was the first to run light loads at all with no work performed.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

If it has a problem, (blocked gas ports etc), evl will fix it himself.. and probably enjoy the process. He's "sick" like that. :D

I just drill until it runs :super: I may have a case of "overgasitis" :cryss:

I will update. I may even get the thing mocked up for a test run on Sunday. I'm dying to pop some clays with this thing. My 18 and 19" guns have trouble busting them once they get out there a ways. Anyone know if 24" S12s tend to run well with light loads? I would like to get away with just slapping the thing together with the factory hammer and putting the "too damn slick treatment" on the new hammer and action later. This stuff is a lot like work.

Yeah, I had to send out two of 3. I've gotten back and tested one of them, now it cycles slugs. And federal bulk too!

Welding receivers is way, way out of my home gunsmithing skill set.

It isn't hard if you get a decent MIG welder, back the piece with copper, and use the proper wire and settings for the thickness of metal you are welding. I would have to say that an autodarkening helmet is a must too. It takes a little technique, but for the most part it is dumb easy. Not at all as hard as I imagined it.

My 18 and 19" guns have trouble busting them once they get out there a ways. Anyone know if 24" S12s tend to run well with light loads?

With all due respect you sure this isn't operator error???

With the iron sights mine reaches out quite a long ways.

Which ammo do you use for clays?

Both of my 107's only have 2 ports in them is yours the same? I have not shot either of my 107's or my arsenal 109 yet but one of my RAAC 109's and my 108 run great out of the box and the other 109 needed a little TLC but all is good now. What really sucks is only one S-12 and my S-410 is restored I still need to do 5 S-12's and a S-20 I really need to get on the ball. Do you want to come to WV for a working vacation and while you are up here you could hook me up with one of those fancy "Cement ponds".:haha:

Edited by SCHULTZE

My 18 and 19" guns have trouble busting them once they get out there a ways. Anyone know if 24" S12s tend to run well with light loads?

I can't comment on Siaga's with long barrels, but a Rem 870 Wingmaster w/Extra full choke is good for about 10-15 yards more than an 870P (cylinder bore) using the same ammo. My S12 with the 19" barrel and the polychoke set on extra full will break clays at their outer limits (50-55ish yards) if I'm on my game.

Both of my 107's only have 2 ports in them is yours the same? I have not shot either of my 107's or my arsenal 109 yet but one of my RAAC 109's and my 108 run great out of the box and the other 109 needed a little TLC but all is good now. What really sucks is only one S-12 and my S-410 is restored I still need to do 5 S-12's and a S-20 I really need to get on the ball. Do you want to come to WV for a working vacation and while you are up here you could hook me up with one of those fancy "Cement ponds".:haha:

Mine only has 2 ports and did not run for shit today, but I was using Kemen ammo. I forgot to get my usual baseline testing ammo on the way in (Winchester Universal). All I did last night was convert with an MD trigger guard and welded up the holes. I didn't do any reliability mods, but did try the bolt and carrier out of my "Flawless" S12 with only minumal improvement while firing the Kemen ammo. Instead of the bolt not moving back at all, it was actually almost going back far enough eject. Are the 107s meant to only fire buck and slugs like the 109s are?

My "Flawless" had a few FTE's at the beginning of a fully loaded drum of the Kemen stuff, but popped off a couple more drums without fail. I was running the TAC47 Autoplug and did not adjust it to this ammo. Ran good though.

Don't you guys need a demolition blasting permit to build pools up there in the rock? I could build you a nice second floor pool though and wouldn't have to blast anything. We could even make you a nice 10 yard 3 lane range under that beast as well

:killer: :killer: :killer:

Edited by evlblkwpnz

Federal 1290 FPS ... 6; 7.5 or 8 shot ...whatever is on the (bottom) shilf at wallmart. The $4.67 a box stuff. cheap stuff, nothing special.

I was using Winchester Universal with the 18" S12. I may try some Federal next time out.

I can't comment on Siaga's with long barrels, but a Rem 870 Wingmaster w/Extra full choke is good for about 10-15 yards more than an 870P (cylinder bore) using the same ammo. My S12 with the 19" barrel and the polychoke set on extra full will break clays at their outer limits (50-55ish yards) if I'm on my game.

c

Come to think of it, I was running a PolyChoke that they sent me as a replacement and I hadn't checked it for POI yet. I was still hitting up close, but couldn't beyond about 45 yards or so. This was with an 18 1/16" barrel.

Mine only has 2 ports and did not run for shit today, but I was using Kemen ammo. I forgot to get my usual baseline testing ammo on the way in (Winchester Universal). All I did last night was convert with an MD trigger guard and welded up the holes. I didn't do any reliability mods, but did try the bolt and carrier out of my "Flawless" S12 with only minumal improvement while firing the Kemen ammo. Instead of the bolt not moving back at all, it was actually almost going back far enough eject. Are the 107s meant to only fire buck and slugs like the 109s are?

My "Flawless" had a few FTE's at the beginning of a fully loaded drum of the Kemen stuff, but popped off a couple more drums without fail. I was running the TAC47 Autoplug and did not adjust it to this ammo. Ran good though.

Don't you guys need a demolition blasting permit to build pools up there in the rock? I could build you a nice second floor pool though and wouldn't have to blast anything. We could even make you a nice 10 yard 3 lane range under that beast as well

If I had a stock S12 that ran great with federal bulk, there's no way id modify the bolt except maybe to load mags easier. id want to keep as much material on the bolt as I could. And if a good LRBHO came out, I wouldn't modify anything.

If I had a stock S12 that ran great with federal bulk, there's no way id modify the bolt except maybe to load mags easier. id want to keep as much material on the bolt as I could. And if a good LRBHO came out, I wouldn't modify anything.

It isn't done if it won't run ;) This thing is in dire need of some tweaking. It should be fine after I put the "too damn smooth" treatment on it. I'm just one of those people that has to get all I can out of everything.... including my Saiga 12s

:smoke:

It isn't done if it won't run ;) This thing is in dire need of some tweaking. It should be fine after I put the "too damn smooth" treatment on it. I'm just one of those people that has to get all I can out of everything.... including my Saiga 12s

:smoke:

Sorry, when you said flawless I thought you were describing your new 107. My mistake.

yooper,

Yeah, those two are worlds apart at the moment. This 24" reminds me of the first S12 that I got. It wouldn't run Universal at all. FTE every single time. I did a little work on the 24" tonight- reprofiling and polishing mainly: feedramp, rails, lockup, and extractor slot. I will probably start on the bolt and carrier tomorrow. I think we are having the "Redneck Nationals" hand thrown skeet tournament next weekend, so I need to be ready.

yooper,

Yeah, those two are worlds apart at the moment. This 24" reminds me of the first S12 that I got. It wouldn't run Universal at all. FTE every single time. I did a little work on the 24" tonight- reprofiling and polishing mainly: feedramp, rails, lockup, and extractor slot. I will probably start on the bolt and carrier tomorrow. I think we are having the "Redneck Nationals" hand thrown skeet tournament next weekend, so I need to be ready.

Sounds like it should be a blast. I have yet to try shooting trap or skeet with my saiga. I should do better than I do with my vang comped 870. Its like shooting a extra full choke. with a cylinder bore I should do better.

Edited by yooper14.5

yooper,

Sounds like it should be a blast. I have yet to try shooting trap or skeet with my saiga. I should do better than I do with my vang comped 870. Its like shooting a extra full choke. with a cylinder bore I should do better.

Clays are a great time. You might do better than you think. I did. My wife even hit her third clay. I like having the throwner crank them out one after the other. MD-20s make it interesting as well :ph34r:

I was chatting with the owner of the range and he said that hand thrown is usually about 25 MPH and clays coming out of their "house" are doing about 45-50 MPH. I think I'll just work on these hand thrown for a while and then try some real clay shooting later He just laughed when he saw my 24" S12. I really hope to turn it into a clay killer :smoke:

yooper,

Clays are a great time. You might do better than you think. I did. My wife even hit her third clay. I like having the throwner crank them out one after the other. MD-20s make it interesting as well :ph34r:

I was chatting with the owner of the range and he said that hand thrown is usually about 25 MPH and clays coming out of their "house" are doing about 45-50 MPH. I think I'll just work on these hand thrown for a while and then try some real clay shooting later He just laughed when he saw my 24" S12. I really hope to turn it into a clay killer :smoke:

Before I vang comped the 870, I was averaging 20/25. Then, after the vang comping, my average dropped to 11/25. I've worked back up to 17/25. Nothing I wasnt expecting. Id love a md 20, but I'm looking at HK sights right now. It would make clays really interesting, id find out how fast the thrower can throw

Edited by yooper14.5

i bought a107 a while back and did the usual conversions to it. it got a tromix trigger set, competition mainspring from jte, md booster puc and v plug. it runs flawlessly on fed bulk and has had no polish work. i haven't tried Winchester universal in it but i think it would probably have problems with it until i do polish it. it is a 2 port gun and has a poly choke on it. i built it just for skeet. hope you get it running before the shoot evl, i am sure you will! show the gun snobs what these things can do!

Edited by rogers

i bought a107 a while back and did the usual conversions to it. it got a tromix trigger set, competition mainspring from jte, md booster puc and v plug. it runs flawlessly on fed bulk and has had no polish work. i haven't tried Winchester universal in it but i think it would probably have problems with it until i do polish it. it is a 2 port gun and has a poly choke on it. i built it just for skeet. hope you get it running before the shoot evl, i am sure you will! show the gun snobs what these things can do!

I spent most of the day going through it. It won't be refinished yet, but will definitely be running well by the weekend. They aren't too snobby at the skeet range, but I do see some of the looks. Whatever, their guns look like feeble old men while mine look like warriors.