Do the larger carrier extensions effect the way the shotgun cycles?

I just read a post where the member wanted a glass bolt mod, heavy hitter pin, and larger replacement carrier extension and it came to mind that I don't recall seeing anything posted on it (the larger carrier extension). It only makes sense that a larger carrier extension would have more mass, so for those that have one, how if in any way did it change the way the gun cycles? Is there a significant weight difference vs the factory part?

As long as your gun is not undergassed this should not be a problem. You can test your gun by adding the appropriate amount of weight to your OEM charging handle. Also factor in the amount of friction reduction you will get with a proper reprofile/polish.

When I was first converting and replacing 922r parts, I installed the Tapco S12 rod.

Was before I heard about it's problems/recall. I've never had any issue with it, design flaw nor performance.

Of course it isn't as heavy as Tom's heavy duty rod shown below.

Seen a few pics of bolt carriers breaking/cracking where the rod sits.

Might think that if your BC has a defect, the heavier rod would increase the chances of it actually breaking/cracking.

Never heard of issues with this rod.

I take it you mean this gas piston rod?

DSC03007.JPG

GAS PISTON SAIGA 12- TOM COLE HEAVY DUTY GAS PISTON ROD

SKU: S12-TOMCOLE-PISTON This Saiga 12 heavy duty gas piston rod is designed for all guns from regular shooters to full auto use

It can withstand any and all abuse on your firearm without bending or breaking like the factory version does

1.2oz extra weight will not effect your gas system operation

Made from heat treated 4140

Lifetime Warranty

CGW

PRICE: $29.95 IN STOCK AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE

-Please select quantity for purchase