Gun Rights Win in Florida: State Law Will Soon

"makes it illegal to pass gun regulations beyond state statutes, there was no enforcement mechanism in place. As a result, towns and cities have created ordinances at will. In the process"

ohio legislators did the same thing in 06. passed a law barring local cities from passes more strict laws then the state. and guess what happened? the same thing that is going to happen in Fl., the cities sued the state claiming the state is interfering in "home rule", as a result everything was staus que till the outcome of the court decision. fast forward to dec 2010, the ohio SC ruled against the cities. while it's a victory, it took a additional 5+ years. so don't think that the cities in Fl. are just going to role over and play dead, look for the cities to file a law suit, because it's coming. so don't break open the chamgaign bottle and start celebrating, it ain't over yet, that is just a mole hill, now you gotta climb the mountain. and even then the SC could side with the cities, you just don't know.

http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2010/12/ohio_supremes_uphold_state_law.html

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

Isn't it a federal offense now to confiscate firearms under an Emergency Declaration?

Yes - (42 U.S.C. 5207)

I still think it should be classified as treason, and punished accordingly.

Edited by SN13

I visited Florida last month and saw a lot of gun shops there and felt good about traveling to a pro gun state. I'm glad to hear Florida is leading the way in gun rights again. Florida was one of the first states to allow concealed carry which reduced crime and made criminals wonder if their intended victims are armed even if they're out of state.

Ohio passed a similar law to stop some anti gun communities from trampling our Second Amendment. Ohio's constitution also has a Bill of Rights and a Second Amendment similar to the federal one.

I wonder if this applies to NFA items as well? I know in Tampa the CLEO will not signoff on needed paperwork to complete a transfer.

Fuck that ugly old bag.... start a trust.

BTW I am extremely proud to have voted for Rick Scott. In the beginning there were a few little things that had me thinking he was going in the wrong direction, but have been impressed with what he has done since settling in.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

I wonder if this applies to NFA items as well? I know in Tampa the CLEO will not signoff on needed paperwork to complete a transfer.

My guess would be no, it won't change anything. That's a federal law. I don't think Tampa is alone in denying the signature. its pretty standard practice with all local LEO.

A trust is the only way to go from what I understand.

Edited by kope007

I think the difference is that we already had pre-emption but some places were ignoring it. Now they can be fined $5,000 and ejected from office for violating the pre-emption already on the books.

look for the cities to challenge that law in court, becuase it's coming.