Pakistani S12 Clone

But we can buy a gun that does not explode on the first shot :haha:

My thoughts:

They are doing some very important cuts but I don't see them confirm the part height before cutting. The machines are kinda light weight for a production shop.

I see their magazine, they are probably hand adjusting them to fit each gun.They are making something using a lot of cheap labor. I can't afford to do that, I have to work smart.

HA! Look at their lighting wiring! Its just wires running down the wall, no conduit or anything. Not a cover on any of the open belts, and are those vernier calipers?

PS: their Saiga 12 has three axis pins, thus not legal for us.

After watching the videos of their "production line" I don’t think they have the best quality control.

Nifty 3 jaw chucks on their mills.

Solves the problem of having the right collets.

Not the best for precision cuts though.

But we can buy a gun that does not explode on the first shot :haha:

My thoughts:

They are doing some very important cuts but I don't see them confirm the part height before cutting. The machines are kinda light weight for a production shop.

I see their magazine, they are probably hand adjusting them to fit each gun.They are making something using a lot of cheap labor. I can't afford to do that, I have to work smart.

HA! Look at their lighting wiring! Its just wires running down the wall, no conduit or anything. Not a cover on any of the open belts, and are those vernier calipers?

PS: their Saiga 12 has three axis pins, thus not legal for us.

I have seen documentarys on the Paki arms industry, and they do build quite a number of weapons that do function, even though some look funky.

I also noticed the three pins, and it added one more nail to my argument above.

Are those milling machines Pakistani or Chinese or what?

They look like a Chinese mill that used to be sold by harbor freight.

They could also be copies of some sort of British milling machine.

Oddly enough I found a video of some kid cleaning and firing the shotgun.. Strange huh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7_aNrxRiSI&feature=related

• 8 months later...

this is why i love the ak platform, it can be manufactured anywhere you have a press and drill. those machines are better than the air compressor and angle grinder i have in my garage, im not bagging these guys. this is the heart of what the ak stands for to me. you cant do this with an ar15.

the kalashnikov design is just simply pure genius