What's the best shot shell for home defense

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Remington 3" magnum 15 pellet .00 buckshot out of a Russian mag.   It's nearly 2 ounces of lead coming at the intruder real quickly & it's so common, that an overzelous DA can't call it "an exot

I use my reloads of bird shot #8 1 1/8 ounce load thats like 400+ pellets coming at you at a speed of 1479 FPS. And at 10-20 feet your dead because the average hight of a person is 5-6 feet so your go

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=109958

Posted Images

If you think you can keep your cool, load the first 2 shots with a less-lethal round. Tell him to "sit the hell down and fut the shuck up!" If you get good results, call it good. If not, give him the rest. Its much easier to enjoy the triumph of stopping the intrusion when you didn't actually have to kill anyone. Just my 2 cents.

Which is very true. However dead men tell no tails is what many law enforcement tells people(those with a CCW that is). Plus then they can't come back and sue your ass. Seen that happen lots