My prediction for the future of the bumpfire stock...

One of two things is going to happen.

#1 - The BATF will find a way to ban them. I think there is about a 60% chance this will happen eventually.

OR

#2 - If they are unable to ban the bumpfire stock concept here is what I predict. Once everyone is satisfyied that the BATF is not going to pursue banning this system and therefore not try to prosecute those who own one, you are going see something crazy happen. I predict you will start seeing rifle manufacturers producing complete rifles with their own proprietary bumpfire stock designs integrated into the rifle. The bumpfire stock concept will become a integral part of firearm design for the civilian firearms market. Over time you will see new and improved designs to the point it will be become the norm for all magazine fed civilian rifles.

The shit works and it is practical for producing a high rate of controllable semi-auto fire.

Thoughts?

• Like 1
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

#3 Bill Akins sues Slide Fire for patent infringment.   Tony

if you knew shit you would know that getting an SOT is as easy as putting a check in the mail...getting the FFL 07 first was the hard part....hey smart guy the NFA 34 is what started the whole thing r

OMG!...ive been slammed with negative reputation votes....

#3 Bill Akins sues Slide Fire for patent infringment.

Tony

Internet rumor is that he was in contact with them but they decided that it was best not to pay him, though I'm sure you've already heard that. Reading Mr.Akins' patent, it seems to me that he would have a strong case.

As for patent infringments I do not know a whole lot on this subject but I do know after 5 years in medical patents it become open use that is why after 5 years of a new drug being out then you start to get generics hitting the market. Now I do not know if they have to pay royalities to the origanal developer or not and I do not know if this applys to other items someone who has patented something could answer this better.

As for patent infringments I do not know a whole lot on this subject but I do know after 5 years in medical patents it become open use that is why after 5 years of a new drug being out then you start to get generics hitting the market. Now I do not know if they have to pay royalities to the origanal developer or not and I do not know if this applys to other items someone who has patented something could answer this better.

Pharmaceuticals are a special case - patents for drugs and medical devices do not last as long as others because they are essential to human life. Our laws try to strike a balance so that companies still have a profit incentive to develop new medical technologies, but people who need access to these emerging technologies can afford to take advantage of them. This doesn't always work out like it's supposed to...

Patents only protect very specific designs unfortunately, so even though Slide Fire did copy the idea off previous attempts, they did not duplicate it, they changed it enough to be considered a variant. like why Mike didn't get to sue promag for their md-20 copy.

Patents only protect very specific designs unfortunately, so even though Slide Fire did copy the idea off previous attempts, they did not duplicate it, they changed it enough to be considered a variant. like why Mike didn't get to sue promag for their md-20 copy.

Maybe it was because his product is superior? But BATF aren't going to just sit there looking dumb either.

i would be ecstatic if bump fire stocks became widely accepted and used in new firearm designs. itl be interesting to see how this all plays out

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=7uD8n6GMwJc skip to 1:40 for the action

This is the very thing that will get the ball rolling on a turn key bumpfire rifle.

A .22LR bumpfire rifle.....

damn man, those bumpfire stocks work on s&w m&p15-22s? i actually own one of those.

too bad im flat broke right now. i think i know what im gonna save my money for though!!

• Like 1

BATFE could reverse their ruling.

I know how they can do it, but I won't say because I don't think they have figured it out yet.

As for a lawsuit. I think its possible, but the device is different in basic function.. Much like the plug in vs. screw in light bulb, Similar results different design.

• Like 1

And in fairness, Mike's design was a fairly straightforward copy of another 12-gauge drum design, modified for use with a Saiga-12. Innovation generally involves the use and adaptation of others' ideas for new or slightly different purposes. These slide fire stocks are not simply the Akins Accelerator less the springs.

• Like 1

I know how they can do it, but I won't say because I don't think they have figured it out yet.

As for a lawsuit. I think its possible, but the device is different in basic function.. Much like the plug in vs. screw in light bulb, Similar results different design.

PM sent...

• Like 1

PM sent...

oh oh oh.....super secret conspiracy going down right now! stay tuned. My crystal ball is not warmed up yet!

And in fairness, Mike's design was a fairly straightforward copy of another 12-gauge drum design, modified for use with a Saiga-12. Innovation generally involves the use and adaptation of others' ideas for new or slightly different purposes. These slide fire stocks are not simply the Akins Accelerator less the springs.

Yeah I think I know where they got the idea for the stock. Same concept? :haha:

I think the product is a legal nightmare. Just imagine the next big school shooting happens, with your bumpfire stock.

You can't wiggle out that your making hunting and sporting products with this thing. Its only function is to puke lead faster than anything else civilian legal.

IMG_4945.jpg

• Like 1

The goal is to make them as broad as possible, the patent office determines if it is patenable. They may or may not require you to be more specific and actual dimensions of parts are rarely needed. It's been a while since I've read it, but I believe that Akins' Patent covered the basic idea without being restricted much.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=7uD8n6GMwJc skip to 1:40 for the action

This is the very thing that will get the ball rolling on a turn key bumpfire rifle.

A .22LR bumpfire rifle.....

OK... Pass me a handful of Kleenex, cause I just jizzed in my pants! :big_smile:

I now now what I'm getting for Christmas, a SSAR and a .22lr AR.

I've been knocking these on the premise, which I still hold, that they'll be banned sooner or later by the Alphabet Thugs.

But now, I simply MUST have one to play with, I CAN afford to blow a thousand rounds of .22lr on a regular basis.

#4 - gets used in a high profile crime and Congress passes a bill to ban it like the 3 wheeler and lawn darts.

Tony

let me guess...someone's sitting on a substantial portfolio of transferable class III items....anything that may impede their ever skyrocketing value is just unacceptable....

• Like 1

#4 - gets used in a high profile crime and Congress passes a bill to ban it like the 3 wheeler and lawn darts.

Tony

let me guess...someone's sitting on a substantial portfolio of transferable class III items....anything that may impede their ever skyrocketing value is just unacceptable....

Tony would probably profit more from autos being freely available then under the present situation. Remember he builds guns.

If your on the fence I say buy the thing, just shoot the crap out of it until your sick of it. Maybe you'll get to keep it five or more years, its still cheap(ish) fun.

I plan to buy the AK model once it comes out to test mags with.

Tony

Tony would probably profit more from autos being freely available then under the present situation. Remember he builds guns.

If your on the fence I say buy the thing, just shoot the crap out of it until your sick of it. Maybe you'll get to keep it five or more years, its still cheap(ish) fun.

I plan to buy the AK model once it comes out to test mags with.

If what I predict happens it will most definitely have a negative affect on the demand for NFA weapons....hence causing the increasing values to slow if not stop and reverse...there are those out there that would see this a bad thing....

• Like 1

I now now what I'm getting for Christmas, a SSAR and a .22lr AR.

im not sure if you're familiar with the particular rifle shown in that video ( that being the s&w m&p15-22), but its made almost entirely out of plastic, so it seems it in particular would be ideal for the bumpfire stock, because it is a featherweight of a rifle. im not sure how well a standard weight AR chambered in 22 lr would do with this type of stock.

Edited by Cali_Armz
  • Like 1

Tony's probably right. While the ATF can and is still very likely to reverse their decision regardless of who is elected in 2012, it seems more likely to me that once the public, with their inherent ignorance on the subject and the news media's trademark antipathy toward firearms (antipathy of tone, I should say, their love of gun violence stories is without limit), gets a look at these, Congress will be beset by calls to ban them. What's even more sinister is that once these can be put on what are undoubtedly the country's two most popular military-style rifle, there may be renewed calls to ban "assault weapons" all over again.