finally got my glock w/pics

here it is cleaned up had some minor crusties around slide serrations but that cleaned off easily, took it to the range yesterday and ran 150 rounds through it without one hiccup. I can say this the gun is more accurate than I am, I had the rso try it out and he was nailing 2 to 3 inch groups at 20-25 yards, me on the other hand was lucky to be inside the target at that distance, but with some pointers and a little knowledge my shooting was noticeably better the last 50 rounds.Now all I want to do is practice.

Big thanks to shooter for the reccomendation I couldn't be happier. this is a glock 17 early 90's to late 80's owned by a community college but the internals were in good shape so not sure how much it was shot.

post-32898-0-10787900-1316266533_thumb.jpg

Edited by dashowdy
  • Like 1

yea it is kinda bare bones but I don't think that glocks are truly ugly, they are kind of like the girl next door, not supermodel hot but hot enough you would most definitely have sex with them. I have already priced night sights for it at about 75 to 80 bucks and 90 for the trijicons, so that is my next upgrade plus alot of practice ammo, still have not settled on a sd round yet.

I have to admit the plastic is a little wierd especially with the slide off, it is just so light it is hard to imagine it not breaking to pieces but it doesn't. spent 30 mins. today practicing dry firing and not moving the front sight while pulling the trigger, I am starting to get the hang of it.

I was thinking about some ranger t-series in 147 and then maybe some 124gr. +p rangers or the 124gr.+p+ hydrashok. Honestly though I think you could close your eyes and pick one on a shelf and still get a good sd round, there are no magic bullets just awesome shot placement.

Alright, got my $299.99 special Glock 22 2nd gen. Took it out with a junker ATI 1911 truck gun ( works every time). Both worked flawlessly as expected. Aim was different on both, and took a magazine out of the glock to figure it out. With that particular 1911 I adjusted the sights, and you line em up and you can shoot clays at 25 yards all day. The Glock not so much. It seems when I use those sights it shoot around 12" at 25 yards. Focus on the target, and forget the sights BAM right on target. So I guess I will forget about using Glock sights, and point and shoot. Works for me. So far so good.

Dash, I liked the hydrashocks out of the 10mm. Those bullets had great expansion, and were a consistent load. I reload most of my stuff now, and work on one caliber till I get an accurate load. Looks like I may need to buy some .40 dies. Reloading glock brass can be tricky from what I understand. The cases from the larger throat get expanded more so they need a full case re-sizing. Lead bullets can present a problem too If you dont pay attention. The rifling is different.

Well, looks like I will need to get better acquainted with the Tupperware. So far I have no complaints, well other than it looks ugly! I can get over aesthetics if it is as reliable as a revolver!

Funny thing. The ladys who handle all my ffl stuff know I am a 1911 guy. I go in to pick up my firearm, and they proced to joke with me that they need to pull it out of the microwave. They show me a nice race gun 1911 some other customer ordered, and we get back to the glock. Turns out they both had one in there purses. Go figure. Love those gals. You should see the .502 thundersabre AR-15 they build for the coast guard here. I wish they would chamber an AK in the .502.

xacex

I have to admit the plastic is a little wierd especially with the slide off, it is just so light it is hard to imagine it not breaking to pieces but it doesn't. spent 30 mins. today practicing dry firing and not moving the front sight while pulling the trigger, I am starting to get the hang of it.

I hear ya. The first time I disassembled a Glock, I was surprised at how light the frame was.

Alright, got my $299.99 special Glock 22 2nd gen. Took it out with a junker ATI 1911 truck gun ( works every time). Both worked flawlessly as expected. Aim was different on both, and took a magazine out of the glock to figure it out. With that particular 1911 I adjusted the sights, and you line em up and you can shoot clays at 25 yards all day. The Glock not so much. It seems when I use those sights it shoot around 12" at 25 yards. Focus on the target, and forget the sights BAM right on target. So I guess I will forget about using Glock sights, and point and shoot. Works for me. So far so good.

Dash, I liked the hydrashocks out of the 10mm. Those bullets had great expansion, and were a consistent load. I reload most of my stuff now, and work on one caliber till I get an accurate load. Looks like I may need to buy some .40 dies. Reloading glock brass can be tricky from what I understand. The cases from the larger throat get expanded more so they need a full case re-sizing. Lead bullets can present a problem too If you dont pay attention. The rifling is different.

Well, looks like I will need to get better acquainted with the Tupperware. So far I have no complaints, well other than it looks ugly! I can get over aesthetics if it is as reliable as a revolver!

Funny thing. The ladys who handle all my ffl stuff know I am a 1911 guy. I go in to pick up my firearm, and they proced to joke with me that they need to pull it out of the microwave. They show me a nice race gun 1911 some other customer ordered, and we get back to the glock. Turns out they both had one in there purses. Go figure. Love those gals. You should see the .502 thundersabre AR-15 they build for the coast guard here. I wish they would chamber an AK in the .502.

xacex

Sounds like we may have a convert! :devil:

But seriously, glad to hear you're off to a good start. Be sure to take full advantage of Glock's ridiculously positive reset. Shooting off the reset makes for some easy shooting.

Like a said glock is the girl next door not a supermodel, but I am a man with simple tastes. Glad to here it is going well, trust me your glock is capable of better accuracy than that, I was shooting about the same at 25 yards then I let an rso try it and he was shooting fairly tight groups in the 4 inch range so I know it is capable just not in my hands yet.

20 mags that is a sweet fuggin pistol right there, I know what you mean about the finger grooves I held a gen 3 and it just did not feel as comfortable for me. The trigger is not bad it just takes a little getting use too, plus I like the fact you can ride the reset with a little practice. The reason my accuracy was so poor was I was not squeezing the trigger I was jerking it. no pun intended, haha.

Dash, more like an ugly step child! As long as it functions right!

20 mags, My used glock came with the rubber grip like that on the race gun, but I had to take it off. The finger grip thing doesn't work for me so I guess its a good thing I purchases a gen2.

Yarp, I'm not eating crow just yet, but maybe you are right about the Tupperware. This guns grip is fine the way it is. The large frame glock feels like a 2x4, and I tried a gen3, but the finger grooves didn't sit well with me. This gen2 with the palm swell fits natural. I may need to change the back-straps on my 1911's! Thought about a grip reduction, but it is not necessary with this smaller frame. I may need to stipple the grip, but that would be just to satisfy my need to melt the gun a little. I have never been able to leave well enough alone! I hate to say it, but it feels like an air-soft toy!

xacex

CCF stainless frame:

Frame Type

Weight

Assembled G17 weight - no magazine

OEM Glock® Bare Polymer

3.6 ounces

22.04 ounces

CCF RaceFrame® - Aluminum

7.3 ounces

25.68 ounces

CCF RaceFrame® - Stainless

21 ounces

39.38 ounces (similar weight to Government 1911)

eats recoil

The rubber wraparound grip is on that gun because the checkering is about like shooting holding onto a bastard file on that stainless frame. Haven’t gotten around to smoothing it out yet, but I will.

I should also say the best Glock I ever had was the 1st one a used plain jane 17 that the only change to was a 3.5 lb connector I put in. Figured if a used one was that good a new one would be great, I was proven wrong. All of them are great but that 1st one wanted to hit the target better for some reason wish I’d kept it.

Edited by 20-Mags

Ive been wanting a glock recently. Never paid them much attention honestly. Didn't like the way they looked or the image that came with the glock. But the more I researched them the more they made sense. Im even am now kinda liking the way the look. They intimidated me with the blockiness and the grip angle. Well I handled a third gen glock 17 for the first time the other day and I've got to say, I really liked it. It felt great in my hand and I liked the trigger. I think that will probably be my next pistol. Where did you find yours for $299? The one I handled was a used third gen glock 17 in good shape. The asking price was $399. Is that a bad deal? I also got side tracked by a ruger sp101 they had for $414 lol. Been wanting one of those as well.

Ive been wanting a glock recently. Never paid them much attention honestly. Didn't like the way they looked or the image that came with the glock. But the more I researched them the more they made sense. Im even am now kinda liking the way the look. They intimidated me with the blockiness and the grip angle. Well I handled a third gen glock 17 for the first time the other day and I've got to say, I really liked it. It felt great in my hand and I liked the trigger. I think that will probably be my next pistol. Where did you find yours for $299? The one I handled was a used third gen glock 17 in good shape. The asking price was $399. Is that a bad deal? I also got side tracked by a ruger sp101 they had for $414 lol. Been wanting one of those as well.

ombexpress dot com

They shipped it for free! They have some 3rd gen 22's and 23's for 329.99 and 339.99.

If you want a 9mm there are several brands of conversion barrels out there. Changing the barrel, and mag only takes a few seconds with these things. Conversion barrels start at 99$, and you can do 9mm,357 sig,and 40cal. with the 22's and 23's.

xacex

Edited by xacex