Another 308 handguard thread...

So I'm at the point were the factory hand guard is the last thing to replace...

This seems to be the hardest decision of this whole thing!

So guys I'm curious on wich one you went with.

How long you've had it, how's it holding up what's your likes and dislikes. I'm lookin for honest opinions from thoes who own and use them.

Thanks!

Mine has Rommy wood, Modified hand guards using a dinzag style front retainer with a modified Rommy gas tube.

You do need to remove a fair amount from the inside of the front hand guard.

Overall I'm happy with them, fairly light and simple. Palm swells would have been nice.

I'm interested in a few of the other setups as well. I kinda want to build out a 16" model at some point, probably go full modern.

IMG_2625.jpg

The tube needs the locking angle changed. And some metal removed from the bottom as the barrel is thicker. It took me about 2 hours to modify the tube, I used a dremel as I was just doing one. If I was doing a big batch I'd use a mill and make a holding fixture.

Just hold the tubes next to each other and compare. If you can change your oil and do your own brakes then it should be easy.

Alternatively Dinzag sells modified tubes for like $45, when it was all said and done I would have just paid for mine rather then mod it myself.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking if I can find a long barreled 308 about using a PRS stock on a Storm Werkz Sling plat and folder with an internal block, AR grip adator to use one of the palm shelf type grips that almost clone a PSG1 grip, and trying to figure out how to mod an AR free float tube so I can mount a bipod and not have to worry about a POI shift when I go from off hand to prone on the bipod. Anyone done it and have pics of the modified float tube?

• Like 1