RS AKM mount cannot handle to S12 recoil

So i took my RS AKM Mount off my 7.62 and put it on my S12. I have an Aimpoint M2 on so I wasnt worried about the recoil.

About 70 rd in the lever that tightens the mount to the side rail pooped off and the the ring and another piece flew off.

Anyone else use this set up or a similar one?

Any ideas? I really like the set up and would like to keep it

So i took my RS AKM Mount off my 7.62 and put it on my S12. I have an Aimpoint M2 on so I wasnt worried about the recoil.

About 70 rd in the lever that tightens the mount to the side rail pooped off and the the ring and another piece flew off.

Anyone else use this set up or a similar one?

Any ideas? I really like the set up and would like to keep it

Maybe you just got a lemon. I would take it up with Horse, I'm sure he will work it out for you.

• 4 weeks later...

Just remember to loctite practically everything on a gun if it has a screw or can shift under recoil.

Use red loctite on scope ring screws, and blue on any working threads, meaning ones you plan on removing once in awhile. If you NEVER want to remove the screw again use green loctite, but it's going to be practically welded on.

Green is for press fitting, Blue for removable threads, Red for permanant threads.

I recommend using blue thread locker on the 4 ring bolts and 2 adjustment bolts. Mine have not budged a fraction since initial installation using blue over a year ago. Nothing on the mounts is recoil sensative except the actual optic clamp ring - as a very nature of all rings.

• Like 1