Do good BULLPUP triggers exist for AK and Saiga 12?

First, let me show off my toys. I am done with the Saiga. I am essentially done with the Saiga and it is unbelievable. The choke is removable and the only thing not pictured that I have that goes with it is a 14" barrel extension. I screw it on the end of the barrel and screw the choke on the end of the extension to end up with a shotgun that I can hunt with and shoot skeet with. The only thing is that it looks terrible so I am not about to post a pic. Now before any of you give me any grief about the recoil pads...I have had major shoulder reconstructions on both of my shoulders so I have had to modify all of my guns to tone down the recoil...otherwise it just takes the fun out of shooting. That and less recoil lets you take a second shot quicker.

The AK is still a work in progress. Essentially I want it to look like my Saiga 12 when done. I am awaiting paperwork to SBR and thread the barrel for a suppressor. Once the paperwork is back, I need to get it refinished. Now before you ask, the front grips are ergonomic grips from magpul. I wanted to use front pistol grips but found that they got in the way of the drum and mags but the ergonomic grip works awesome....even though they look like I have given the Mona Lisa a great big Cow Lick.

Now, on to my next projects. I bought an FN PS90 and made it a suppressed SBR. It is now one of my favorite weapons in my collection. Now I want more. I have been wanting to get Bullpups for a SBR AK-47, SBR AK-74, and a SBS Saiga 12. However, every bullpup conversion I have ever shot has been horrible. There is so much slack and trigger slap that I cannot bring myself to defilie one of these weapons with such a trigger. Maybe my gunsmith has spoiled my with my Saiga and AK but I like to rapid fire and goof off with them sometimes. They never jam and fire so quickly that they sound like its full auto. I have video of me burning the 20 round drum on my Saiga in 4 seconds. I know that this is probably very unrealistic for a bullpup, but my gunsmith worked on a bullpup Saiga 12 for another customer but never was able to get the trigger to work right.

I have done a lot of trolling on the forums looking for solutions, but have yet to find any that I could live with. Hopefully I have just overlooked it and someone out there has developed a bullpup trigger that will work for me. Thanks for the help.

post-19216-0-81547300-1318464913_thumb.jpg

post-19216-0-09298300-1318464941_thumb.jpg

post-19216-0-63473800-1318464977_thumb.jpg

post-19216-0-51053100-1318465007_thumb.jpg

post-19216-0-36867100-1318465058_thumb.jpg

post-19216-0-93120600-1318465072_thumb.jpg

post-19216-0-28109500-1318465088_thumb.jpg

Edited by bassackwards

Has anyone used a bullpup with one these thicker wires? Is the trigger comparable to good conventional triggers with rate of fire and reliability?

Are there any other options available other than using thicker wire? I cant believe no one has developed a mechanical trigger replacement. Thanks for the help

I am just trying to decide if a bullpup AK can be modified with a trigger that I will be happy with. My gunsmith is telling me that there is not much you can do for them other than using a stiffer wire and that he thinks that I will not be happy with it. I really want a set of them (AK-47, AK-74, and Saiga 12) but if the triggers suck as bad as what I am hearing, then I am better off just doing a SBR setup.

I was really hoping that someone had developed an aftermarket dropin replacement to fix the problem or at least a really good kit. With all of the Saiga and AK enthusiasts here as well as the vendors, its a shame that no one has developed a trigger kit to solve the bullpup problem. Thanks for your help. Please let me know if you come across anything else.

I am going to hold off for a little longer before making my decision. I am crossing my fingers that someone else knows of a bullpup trigger mod drop in that will suit my needs.

• 5 months later...

Get creative! Bicycle cables and remote shutter releases come to mind. An electric trigger would also work. The trouble with wire is not just flex, the attachment of the ends leaves much to be desired. Tiny little Heim ends anyone?

• 5 months later...

why not use an electronic trigger? a momentary switch behind your trigger, connected to a circuit controlling a solenoid, actuating the linkage inside the receiver. as long as the circuit is set up in such a way you cant fire more than once with each trigger pull, arent you technically still within ATF guidelines?

• 2 weeks later...

why not use an electronic trigger? a momentary switch behind your trigger, connected to a circuit controlling a solenoid, actuating the linkage inside the receiver. as long as the circuit is set up in such a way you cant fire more than once with each trigger pull, arent you technically still within ATF guidelines?

It's been floated numerous times. The consensus is that you would be playing way too close to the line wiht "readily convertible to FA" (remember, simply firing from an open bolt was enough to be made illegal. soldering on a control board to a ramping PB gun would be much easier than modding a semi auto Mac or

Tech 9)

well. oops. already did it. i made sure that it cannot be made full auto by any means, so i wasnt exactly too worried about the thin gray line, as my intentions arent nefarious. but i couldnt stand the trigger on my kushnapup. im about 95% done as it stands now, just need to tweak the trigger, and mount a battery pack somewhere. if anyone is interested, i can post a picture or 2.