By Monday we will have 7 billion humans on this planet. 4.5 billion is the target for a sustained way of life by today's standards. If most were still 3rd world natives, it wouldn't mater as much, but the 3rd world is becoming 1st world very rapidly. Resources will become scarce because developed people use 32x more resources than primitive folks do. We also discharge 32x more pollution. In 1999 we had 6 billion. By 2050 we will have over 10 billion people.

Want to talk jobs, food, resources...OUCH! Constant war is a very clear sign.

I'm only 39, so I will see this ultimate bubble pop. I envy the people in their 60's!

• Like 1

The "population bomb" was one of the scare stories we were told of in school during the '60s. I quit worrying about it many years ago, the planet will take care of [t whether we like it or not!

War, plague,pestilence.famine and disaster are the natural cure for over population.

Edited by G O B
  • Like 1

Is it comforting to think that you and everyone else is going to die together? Well it's not going to happen. You will die alone. The rest of the world will forget about you and all your treasures are thrown away.

Either that or we will all freeze to death in the coming ice age. Global Warming will be erased from the human conscience after this coming winter.

CHEERS

Disease is mother natures way of correcting overpopulation. It will happen its just a matter of time befor a major disease kills half the population.

It normally is... but modern medicine has been doing a fine job of keeping mother nature down... Most recently swine flu, and SARS, both diseases that if left unchecked by treatment and quarantine would have easily killed millions. We're actually at the point that its pretty unlikely we'll see a major epidemic again (in my unprofessional opinion).

Disease is mother natures way of correcting overpopulation. It will happen its just a matter of time befor a major disease kills half the population.

It normally is... but modern medicine has been doing a fine job of keeping mother nature down... Most recently swine flu, and SARS, both diseases that if left unchecked by treatment and quarantine would have easily killed millions. We're actually at the point that its pretty unlikely we'll see a major epidemic again (in my unprofessional opinion).

Well Im no expert but most experts agree its not if its when. Swine flu and SARS where just not as deadly as they first thought, they also were not as contagious but there will be another mutation of a known virus or a whole new virus that will sweep the world befor any modern medicine can create a vaccine or take measures to control it. Not to mention it would take months to make enough vaccine and by then it will be too late. Its pretty much inevitable.

Meanwhile I'll be looking to the sky for my savoir's return.

Is it comforting to think that you and everyone else is going to die together? Well it's not going to happen. You will die alone. The rest of the world will forget about you and all your treasures are thrown away.

Either that or we will all freeze to death in the coming ice age. Global Warming will be erased from the human conscience after this coming winter.

CHEERS

Thanks. I feel much better now.

By Monday we will have 7 billion humans on this planet. 4.5 billion is the target for a sustained way of life by today's standards. If most were still 3rd world natives, it wouldn't mater as much, but the 3rd world is becoming 1st world very rapidly. Resources will become scarce because developed people use 32x more resources than primitive folks do. We also discharge 32x more pollution. In 1999 we had 6 billion. By 2050 we will have over 10 billion people.

Yeah, we're also 32 times more efficient at disposing of pollution and off-setting its effects. Your point?

And the third world is nowhere near becoming even second world, that's why all third worlders come to our first world nations in the form of illegal immigration. Lol buddy where are you getting your facts from?

Edited by ENTIRETEAMISBABIES

That's why the CDC is already handing out Zombie Awareness info.

• Like 2

Maybe but I hate to break it to all you guys, it wont be a zombie virus. Zombies will never come, I know there have been barely plausible theories about how it could happen but in reality it isnt EVER gonna happen. Its not even technically possible.wink.png

Although I suppose something like rabies could make people into zombies but they would still be alive not dead people that magically come back to life to eat other people. rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Maybe but I hate to break it to all you guys, it wont be a zombie virus. Zombies will never come, I know there have been barely plausible theories about how it could happen but in reality it isnt EVER gonna happen. Its not even technically possible.wink.png

Although I suppose something like rabies could make people into zombies but they would still be alive not dead people that magically come back to life to eat other people. rolleyes.gif

Apparently you have not been to south Philly

• Like 3

it'd be more like 28 weeks later. but they also said similar things about cloning. and the doctor that transplanted a monkey head onto another monkeys body.

Yeah, we're also 32 times more efficient at disposing of pollution and off-setting its effects. Your point?

And the third world is nowhere near becoming even second world, that's why all third worlders come to our first world nations in the form of illegal immigration. Lol buddy where are you getting your facts from?

Zerohedge.com and coinflation.com

If there are resources to exploit in a shit hole, guys in Armani suits will show up and rape it, then turn it into a capitalist society with all the corruption and thievery that comes with it.

In Africa it is cheaper to buy Coka-Cola than fresh water.

In the Phillapenes it is legal to sell cigs to kids.

etc.

The world is becoming Americanized at a fast rate.

• Like 1

Apparently you have not been to south Philly

Unfortunately, I lived in and went to school in South Philly. And yes, gold chains, wife beaters, and jogging suits were the norm, all of youz!

I'm only 39, so I will see this ultimate bubble pop. I envy the people in their 60's!

So... who (or which groups of folks) came up with the figure of 4.5 or 7 billion?

I'm skeptical of science these days. Too many folks are in it to "make a difference"... which is code for AGENDA. Global warming has been the poster child for science run amok and unchecked.

amazing.gif

FWIW- I'm more concerned with OUR economy and OUR ability to sustain OURSELVES. With 9%+ unemployment, an ever increasing debt, horrendous trade deficits, increasing entitlements... well, I'm thinking locally before globally. We need to get people working and off the dole. Drop the tax rates and spur hiring where Americans can work for a living and not be chained to gubment.

But life is a good thing. And there were times when there were far less humans than that figure- and we still couldn't survive. I think we just need to figure out how to make it work... no matter how many people there are... and stop talking about forced sterilization and restrictions on the number of kids someone can have. The cure to the human condition is liberty- not over-regulation.

big_smile.gif

Edited by Vulcan
  • Like 1

Huh? (in Cartman voice)

Show me any scientific data indicating that an ice age is imminent.

So... who (or which groups of folks) came up with the figure of 4.5 or 7 billion?

I'm skeptical of science these days. Too many folks are in it to "make a difference"... which is code for AGENDA. Global warming has been the poster child for science run amok and unchecked.

http://www.economist.com/node/21533360

Just because you don't agree with the data, doesn't mean that science is running 'amok and unchecked'.

• Like 1

Just because you don't agree with the data, doesn't mean that science is running 'amok and unchecked'.

That's the problem- the "data" is all over the place in terms of interpretation and causation. Pick a position- man made or otherwise- and an "expert" who supports it is out there. Tie that to politics and legislation that favors one side or the other... and "science" (good or bad) becomes fuel for political agendas- scary stuff.

That's running amok.

Edited by Vulcan

That's the problem- the "data" is all over the place in terms of interpretation and causation. Pick a position- man made or otherwise- and an "expert" who supports it is out there. Tie that to politics and legislation that favors one side or the other... and "science" (good or bad) becomes fuel for political agendas- scary stuff.

That's running amok.

(1) The data quite clearly shows that the overall average global temperature has been rising over the last 100 years. No interpretation here - the data is very conclusive on this.

(2) The link I posted was an article referencing a known climate skeptic who was funded by the Koch brothers who came to this very conclusion.

(3) One theory is that this temperature rise is caused by man-made greenhouse gas production (since the temperature increase is positively correlated with a rise in CO2 in the atmosphere).

This theory is simply that - a scientific theory - albeit one with fairly convincing supporting data. And given that we know that the overall temperature is rising and that increased CO2 levels in the atmosphere can increase the retention of heat in the ocean and atmosphere, isn't it safer to try and slow this process in the only way we can - by reducing the production of greenhouse gasses (as well as the destruction of carbon sinks) by human beings? Lord knows we can't prevent greenhouse gas production from active volcanoes, wild animals or thawing methane clathrates.

I would counter-argue that there is an anti-science agenda run amok that attempts to cast doubt upon all science that is largely driven from the Republican Right and the Energy Lobby.

(3) One theory is that this temperature rise is caused by man-made greenhouse gas production (since the temperature increase is positively correlated with a rise in CO2 in the atmosphere).

This theory is simply that - a scientific theory - albeit one with fairly convincing supporting data.

Yep. It's a theory. Maybe good- maybe bad. Who knows. Only time will tell.

But I would be weary of anyone using a "theory" as the catalyst to enact sweeping changes or laws that redefine the relationship between man and his government. I'd also say that mankind has a terrible habit of getting dyed in the wool about stuff and then creating the most horrible systems to shove things down the throats of his/her fellow man. I've been around long enough to never want to be in such a rush only to make a mistake... and to know speed of action doesn't replace sound judgement.

I would counter-argue that there is an anti-science agenda run amok that attempts to cast doubt upon all science that is largely driven from the Republican Right and the Energy Lobby.

Somehow... it always comes back to politics, doesn't it?

Personally, I hate politics. If we'd all just get along and not do things that were stupid... the world would be a better place. Babies wouldn't be born addicted to prescription pain killers and my kids wouldn't have their minds poisoned by a materialistic society. I'm also not a fan of folks poisoning the world that I live in. But hey... that's the world we live and and I've gotta play the green (sports analogy) so to speak.

FWIW- My background is science. I'm also a Christian. And I see no issue with the two living in harmony together. In fact, the two together create great clarity in my view as I question the things around me. However, I hate it when the other two are mixed- politics and science. Yes... almost as much as I hate the mixing of religion and politics. Neither of those two ever bode well.

I say this with complete respect for you, your thoughts, and things you value- because it's the right thing to do and I'd want someone to think the same about me- but have at. Let me know how it all works out. Keep reading up and formulating an opinion. The biggest danger to science is when folks stop asking "is this right?". That's why I'm a skeptic... science has taught me to be so.

big_smile.gif

Edited by Vulcan