410 drum exists, pictures to follow.

So on my other thread I asked about a 410 drum mag I had seen at the gun show. The consensus was that they are like unicorns because no one has one. Well we had a gun show again today and I ran down at lunch to find the vendor I saw last time.

And low and behold they had some. They are 30 round (three inch I think) made by promag. I just bought a 410 last week and so I bought one to see if it will work. Once I ge home tonight I will post pictures. Price was $135 with tax (kind of high). I would have bought more but I did not know if I would find them so did did not plan on spending more than $200.

PICTURES NOW UP.

Edited by butch1911
  • Like 2

I believed you. I just wasn't lucky enough to find any in Tulsa. As a matter of fact there were very few dealers/collectors that had much for any of the Saiga series guns. I think I only only 6 that any thing Saiga. Not much for 14 acres of gun show.

Can't wait to see the pics, and to get a report on function.

So on my other thread I asked about a 410 drum mag I had seen at the gun show. The consensus was that they are like unicorns because no one has one. Well we had a gun show again today and I ran down at lunch to find the vendor I saw last time.

And low and behold they had some. They are 30 round (three inch I think) made by promag. I just bought a 410 last week and so I bought one to see if it will work. Once I ge home tonight I will post pictures. Price was $135 with tax (kind of high). I would have bought more but I did not know if I would find them so did did not plan on spending more than $200. I did get their contact info so people can order from them.

I don't expect anyone to believe me until I post the pictures later (probably 5 or 6 hours until I get home).

Which to me is very fucking sad. A guy sees something with his own eyes and come right here to tell people so they will know they exist, (and even buys it)......yet there are always a bunch of killjoys here who run their mouths and call BS just because they don't go out of their way even further, and actually show them pics for proof. I've been telling people for about a year now actually it's been a couple years now at least...that these drums were already in the process of being made. Some people just have no faith in anything they hear. You have to pretty much put something in their hands and pull back the damn charging handle for them to make them wake up.

• Like 3

This makes the .410 so much more interesting. It's also interesting to see Promag actually be the first to introduce a product rather than letting someone else tested the market.

With the Judge creating demand for good ammo at a good price, and this, the .410 looks like a good buy now.

Think of how many gun magazine columnists are crying right now. I have read so many articles over the years advocating elimination of the caliber and possibly a ressurection of the 16g. I know they are right from most technical aspects, but I still like .410.

Edited by GunFun

With the Judge creating demand for good ammo at a good price, and this, the .410 looks like a good buy now.

Problem with the judge is that only a few models shoot 3" shells and they are a but unwieldy. The majority only shoot 2 1/2 inch shells and all the good holsters are made for these models. This leaves us with a problem if we want to stock up on 410. I was holding out hope that the drum would feed 2 1/2 inch shells, now I'm more disappointed than ever.

Any chance that puppy will feed the smaller shells?

Problem with the judge is that only a few models shoot 3" shells and they are a but unwieldy. The majority only shoot 2 1/2 inch shells and all the good holsters are made for these models. This leaves us with a problem if we want to stock up on 410. I was holding out hope that the drum would feed 2 1/2 inch shells, now I'm more disappointed than ever.

Any chance that puppy will feed the smaller shells?

I only had two 2 1/2 shell lying around last night. But I threw them in and both fed just fine as I hand cycled it. I know this is not a conclusive test but it looks good so far.

Don't by any chance have contact info for the vendor to share?

Can you take a couple pics with the mag in your 410 so we can all see how bad ass it looks?

The vendor only had two left (after I bought a few) and one of my friends is thinking of buying them. So I am going to wait for him to decide before I give out the vendor information.

As far as picture in my 410, my youngest lost my camera and I still haven't found it. My friend took the pictures that I posted. Besides I just got my 410 on Friday and have not had a chance to convert it and it won't look very impressive as a sporter.

Edited by butch1911

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=261727795

So you found a vendor with some, bought some, there are more left, but you are refusing to release vendor info while you are auctioning your extra off on GB? Nice play! I am jealous of your level of evilness!

However, ya know, they gonna linch you for that here. Good luck man.

http://www.gunbroker...?Item=261727795

So you found a vendor with some, bought some, there are more left, but you are refusing to release vendor info while you are auctioning your extra off on GB? Nice play! I am jealous of your level of evilness!

However, ya know, they gonna linch you for that here. Good luck man.

Not quite but close. I bought a few, sold one to a member here and have one more I am willing to part with. So I decided to put it on gunbroker so who ever wants it can have a chance at it. Now like I said the vendor had two more that my friend is interest in buying and I told him I would not give out the info on the vender until he decides if he wants them or not.

Your gunbroker ad reads like you're trying to pass off either unworking prototypes or a scam. It's odd that you have working Promag stock that Promag isn't making available to the public. Buyer beware.

If you're legit, I apologize. But you're trying to drive up the price, and your description absolves the seller of liability.

Your gunbroker ad reads like you're trying to pass off either unworking prototypes or a scam. It's odd that you have working Promag stock that Promag isn't making available to the public. Buyer beware.

If you're legit, I apologize. But you're trying to drive up the price, and your description absolves the seller of liability.

I can see your point. However, it has been my experience that different guns and magazines can be temperamental. I just want the buyer to be informed that I have not tested this mag myself. My gun is still in the stock configuration and I can not test out the mag yet. If someone local has a converted gun and would like to test it I am fine with that other that it is would no longer be listed as new. Once I convert my gun I would test the crap out of it.

As far as driving up the price that is a little off base. I posted in my first post what I paid. I added a little bit ($15) to cover my time and gas. I priced it right at what I did the other one I bought for another member.