Looking at the numbers I hardly think so. With only 806 topics, is is second t last, only beating out the Saiga-20 section. Compared to the 13,882 topics in the Saiga 12 section, and this post making the 9,170th topic in this section........Just saying the numbers are not there, And Saiga does not yet make a Draco model that I am aware of.

I think this is a great idea.

The topic is spread all over from Other AK Rifles, to Handguns, to NFA section.

And considering it beat out the Saiga 20 as per Rob's figures I think why not.

Hell, we have an MKA-1919 sub forum and the Draco is sure as hell more popular than those. At least for the time being.

Plus the fact that I just got one doesn't hurt either.biggrin.png

• Like 1

OK ya got me with the MKA-1919 section being there. I am not "Against" another sub-forum, and I really don't get the need for the MKA section, but soon we won't even be a Saiga site, just another gun site. We All love many kinds of guns.

At least a Draco section would fit better than the MKA section.

• Like 1

I thought it would make more sense to put "Saiga Weapons - General Discussion" forum closer to the Saiga shotguns and Saiga rifles fora. In my opinion the "Other AK Rifles" and MKA-1919 fora would seem to fit better with the "All Weapons - General Discussion".

Still, the system works as it is. A Draco section may be useful, but a better option would just be to encourage the use of tags in threads pertaining to Dracos. That way other Dracophiles could search for "Draco" using the search form's tag field. Actually, encouraging proper tag use could make searching a lot simpler altogether.

Good tip, Drthunder88. I an guilty of not using tags. I'll start doing that. I guess I have become a Dracophile. I didn't even know they existed until a forum member told me about them less than a month ago. But since the Draco Mini has only be out for a few months and is now in short supply until more get imported next sping (maybe April?), I think the interest will be growing in coming months. It might be worth while to have a section ahead of time.

• 1 month later...

Man, I've got a serious itch for a Draco, and you guys aren't helping. lol

Something I was thinking about yesterday: Veprs are becoming more popular, and are kinda like Saiga's more expensive big brothers. Do enough people here own Veprs to warrant sections outside of "Other AK rifles?" I was thinking about getting a Vepr 5.45 from K-Var (if I don't get a Draco), but I wanted some more info on it. There aren't any dedicated Vepr forums out there that I'm aware of, so this Saiga forum would be the next best thing.

Man, I've got a serious itch for a Draco, and you guys aren't helping. lol

Something I was thinking about yesterday: Veprs are becoming more popular, and are kinda like Saiga's more expensive big brothers. Do enough people here own Veprs to warrant sections outside of "Other AK rifles?" I was thinking about getting a Vepr 5.45 from K-Var (if I don't get a Draco), but I wanted some more info on it. There aren't any dedicated Vepr forums out there that I'm aware of, so this Saiga forum would be the next best thing.

I'm not sure what other information you are looking for but here is an initial impressions thread I started on the Vepr in 7.62x39:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/75032-initial-impressions-of-the-vepr-rifles/