Mka 1919 vs Safir T-14

I did a search and nothing popped up. Is there a significant difference in price for ammo(noob) so hav not done too many price comps.Between 12g and 410.

Found that the Safir T-14 is available in US and the differences between T-14 and Mka 1919 are pretty much what a lot of people are asking for.

I.E. aluminum lowers,interchangeability,US made fcg,built in pig nose for changing to different stocks.

I ask because I found some on GB and one was factory and other two had aftermarket lowers with US made AR parts. And one was available with 2 13rd mags.

I have seen vid of both and seem about the same.

I did a search and nothing popped up. Is there a significant difference in price for ammo(noob) so hav not done too many price comps.Between 12g and 410.

A .410 slug has about 700 ft-lbs of energy at the muzzle. A 12ga slug has about 2300 ft-lbs. The two cartridges are not even in the same ballpark power wise.

Price wise, typically 12ga will be less expensive because it is more common - and therefore produced in higher quantities. Perhaps this would change when buying in bulk.. I don't know.

But unless you know, specifically, why you want a .410 .. you don't want a .410.

Yup, nail on the head, it's a .410 and that's likely the reason why they haven't gotten much of a spotlight. I like a 12 gauge, a lot of people like a 12 gauge, and that's one reason I'm personally interested in the 1919.

Now if they come out with a 12 gauge with a flat top receiver (I noticed the Safir is based on the ARs that are a spin off of the M16A2), I might have to take a second look. But, for now, it looks like they might be uninterested in that.

• 1 year later...

Well, they offer a 12-gauge now.

http://www.safirarms.com/tr/urunlerimiz-safirsilah/7/t-12-av-tufegi-serisi-

(Your browser may give you an option to translate from Turkish to English like mine did.)

I did a search here on "Safir" and this is the only thread that came up in the results list.

I don't think I'll be dumping my modded MKA 1919 anytime soon.

Edited by Hunter308