iz 332 completed

Wow that looks great! I really am trying to resist the version in 5.45x39.

I'm not! but I can't afford it right now anyway! haha

Finished my conversion of my iz 332. Only broke one tap doing the bullet guide, that was fun.... still debating on what brake to put on it. comments? question? oh it has the step chamber too.

DSC00510.jpghttp://DSC00524.jpg

That looks FANTASTIC.

did you replace or get the bolt/charging handle polished??? it looks chrome/shiny in the second pic.

why no muzzle device?

Finished my conversion of my iz 332. Only broke one tap doing the bullet guide, that was fun.... still debating on what brake to put on it. comments? question? oh it has the step chamber too.

I got my muzzle brake for my IZ 332 from combat hunting, threads right on the 332.

post-38328-0-09782300-1326186145_thumb.jpg

Edited by tritium
link to non-forum vendor removed

bayo lug id there but ground down to nothing, oh well. no brake on it yet as css was out of the 74 style brake and with the New Hampshire show this weekend i thought i would just wait to see if i could score something up there. this is my third saiga conversion and my first broken tap experience, grrrrrr lol.

Broken taps are EASY to remove. A hardened sharp punch and a whack with a hammer and they shatter. ask me how I know. 7 Saiga restorals done or helped with, and two broken taps. The last one was on my current build. I think they use steel from captured German tanks.

Edited by imarangemaster

Nice unit....My friend....What is your breakdown on cost to upgrade the iz332? Where did you get the parts from?

Edited by simjun

517 delivered from centerfire, 20 bucks transfer fee. Checking my old email from carolina shooters my order for this rifle came it at 128 delivered and thats with no 24mm brake yet. say around 700ish if you dont start putting all kinds of wacky shit on it. I like my Ak style rifles to be very basic.

best part is the 332 comes with a ak74 style front sight block with 24mm threads and everything!! just has a small cover over the threads which is very easily dremeled off, well work the extra few bucks imo. the fit and finish of the upper and lower hand guards is excellent, zero play

• Like 1