found a sar-1 at last

Finally found a sar-1 after hoping to score one since they dried up years ago. seems unfired as all the internals show zero wear,no fouling on the gas system anywhere and an abundance of oily cosmo like stuff all over the internals and gas piston. very happy to pay 460 for it,and scored some golden tiger too.. good gun show day!

really digging the grain on this wood too

post-32560-0-06655600-1327814174_thumb.jpg

post-32560-0-03478900-1327814764_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Damn! My first AK was going to be a SAR-1.....but when I got back to the table at the gun show they were all gone.....I had to settle for a WASR at the same price. All is well that ends well I guess, its a good solid gun, just a hair of mag wobble and she shoots straight! Reliable as hell to boot! Beggars can't be choosers :)

gallery_10376_237_1236218.jpg

My SAR1 is what started the AK bug for me. Still have it and it still shoots perfect. The insides show that the rifle has been shot a lot. Almost time to replace hammer as it started mushrooming around the edges some years ago and now pieces are starting to break off the mushroom. Recoil springs are very soft but the action is unbelievably smooth. Amazing what many, many, many cases of ammo will do for an AK. For some reason I don't get the bug to shoot my Sar3 like the Sar1 and I have hardly even fired my Sar2.

Very nice find and a great price. For that price I would add yet another Sar to my collection.

Edited by 6x6pinz
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally found a sar-1 after hoping to score one since they dried up years ago. seems unfired as all the internals show zero wear,no fouling on the gas system anywhere and an abundance of oily cosmo like stuff all over the internals and gas piston. very happy to pay 460 for it,and scored some golden tiger too.. good gun show day!

really digging the grain on this wood too

Pretty good price. I had my front sight removed and had the barrel threaded so I could attach a brake. I tossed the original trigger set and then attached a Romanian wire folder. One of the favorite guns in my collection.