Carolina Shooters Supply and Which Loctite

Hi I am thinking about ordering my conversion kit from CSS. Do you find these conversion kits to be reliable? I will be using #1 as I have a tapco folding stock on my current AK47 and I am really now partial to solid original stocks. Also, should I use Red or Blue Loctite on the Pistol Grip & Trigger Guard Screws?

CSS is the place to get your Saiga freak on, and as far as the locktite goes, get both red and blue.... use red on anything you'll never want to take off...trigger guards and such, use blue on items you want on but may one day want to take off, like pistol grips and buttstocks...

CSS is the place to get your Saiga freak on, and as far as the locktite goes, get both red and blue.... use red on anything you'll never want to take off...trigger guards and such, use blue on items you want on but may one day want to take off, like pistol grips and buttstocks...

Yep.....anything with Red will probably require heat to break free......

Dont forget CSS (all caps) for your 5% discount on your parts super_man.gif

Thanks Yes I did that.

Muzzle breaks depend on what you plan on doing, do you want a choke or just something to look cool.

Well If function can be improved I would want that. But I have heard unless you incorporate the muzzle brake mid-barrel it won't function very well on a shotgun. I don't know if this is true. Also, if I am wanting to go with just looking cool I would want to use a Door Breacher type of brake.

Edited by crankywanker

Do a search here on the forum I seem to remember a post rating the muzzle breaks on recoil reduction. Dont quote me on it but I think it was Tromix's monster break that performed the best but it has been awhile since I read that thread and I have drank since then.

Definately blue loctite. Blue locktite is for smaller bolts with a semi-permanent hold (wont rattle out unless you take it off). I use blue locktite on every bolt on my dirtbikes. Red locktite (not pink) is for a more permanent hold and thesmaller bolts that arent grade 8 have a tendancy of breaking when removing.

I use oil on mine! The only thing other than engine oil I ever use on head bolts is thread sealer on wet bolts. Haven't had one come loose, and I built the first one in '64! That one ran 300,000 miles!