im sure this may been talked about in may other chats, and i am sorry for this. i lost a dust cover for a s12 and need a replacement, know where i can get one, or has any one modded a rifle dust cover to the shell size opening? i have confirmed with some one with a rifle 7.62 put the dust cover on the s12 and it fit just the shell opening would not be big enough. any ideas i want to get this gun running. thanks alot

WOW, great post!

I guess it was kind of obvious, but I just never thought of it.

As soon as I read this I took my Draco and S12 and started fiddling with their top covers. There are minor difference in the ribbing and major ejection port variances but they are close enough. I'm gonna order a spare top cover, weld a rail on it and mod it to fit my S12 so I can have one with a rail and one plain.

There are a bunch of cheap ones with rails on already. I am sure I have seen pictures of one on an S12. The problem is that if you mount optics on your top cover, it isn't solid enough to hold zero. Some people have added a hinge at the front, and or put screws in the sides to hold it solid.

You could always shoot it naked and keep it away from dust!

Sucks you lost it. I'd just get the cheap rail mount dust cover and cut off the rail part.

I see so many requests for saiga parts that I might just start buying base models and stripping them. Might be worth more parted out!

Pretty sure this one will work with some fitting.

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=17638&cat=320&page=1

Edited by storm6490

ok thanks for your info, i did not lose the dust cover, the gun was given to me, and was missing the dust cover, just easier to say i lost it to stop people from asking why i need 2 dust covers, but now people ask how i lost it. lol so now i just want to get the part and do a custom job on it. thanks for your info.

• Like 1

just admit it! you bent the shit out of it trying to assemble it after a "few" beers.

sure nobody will hold it against you.

check out all the swag the business members have to offer on this site. pretty much anything you can dream of.

you may already know this but, you can shoot the shit out of that thing without the dust cover while you build it up. safe? who knows... I do it all the time just to watch the machinery.

good luck with your saiga.

• 4 weeks later...

just a update buffetdestroyer sent me Romy dustcover and he cut it out to match his s12 dust cover and sent it to me, ( i know what a nice guy to do all this for me) just wanted to post that the dust cover works great, shot couple boxes of shells threw it, and did not hang up or have any problems at all, i just wanted to update this, because when i looked up dust cover replacements in other forums people said that a rifle dust cover would not fit, and i just wanted people to know that a rifle dust cover will work, just needs to be cut out to the size of shells. thanks for all your insights and information, and big thanks to buffet destroyer!

• Like 4