What will new pricing be like for the Saiga12's?

What will the lowest price Saiga 12 go for on gunbroker or auctionarms?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What will the lowest price Saiga 12 go for on gunbroker or auctionarms?

• < 147 - Someone will score a STEAL
    • 147-200 - Hey, one can hope (and the 47 reminds me of AK47
    • 200-225 - The glory days of CDNN pricing will come back
    • 225-250 - A modest price increase of the low cost days
    • 250-275 - A modest price increase mixed with modest demand
    • 275-300 - At least I'm not getting gouged by my local brick and mortar ...
    • 300-350 - Bargain priced shotties are sooo 2 years ago
    • 350-450 - But will this pricing allow anyone to outfit with mags, sights, conversion pcs, etc
    • 450-600 - Saiga's become a mainstream shotty and are priced like a Rem, Win, Beretta, etc
    • 600 + - But they will be 12Swats with a sporter stock

I'm editing this to add the results to date.

Starting the watch on Feb 8th, 2005 (Tony reports reciept of a shotty on this day)

Currently, best price seen on an auction board = 409 (dutch auction with 7 shotties available)

===================old content below==============================

Well, the thought that RAA might be ready to import Saigastuff soon got me wondering (with 9/10ths of this board) what the pricing would be like. I wanted to offer a poll to let us all way in weigh in on the matter. I sought a universal dealer and decided on two major auction sites. (CDNN might not get these for a while.)

So here's my poll question: Assuming that some dealers will sell thru gunbroker and auctionarms... What will the lowest priced Saiga12 go for in the first month back on the market.

BTW, If you chose the last option make sure that you send me your contact info as I have some prime gulf coast ocean front land you can develop as a resort for sale at a real bargain price.... brooklyn bridge is optional.

If you want to compete for the grand prize* then post your exact guess here, to the nearest penny. Closest guess will win the Saiga Shotgun Fan Club Gift Pack Grand Prize* shipped** to your door. (Otherwise known as the SSFCGPGP*)

*The SSFCGPGP consists of:

A. 1 box spent shotshell hulls, fired in a Saiga Shotgun.

B. 1 Target with a lot of holes of varying sizes and maybe some muzzle blast marks, all from a Saiga Shotgun

C. 1 small square of oily waxy brown paper, original saiga packing

D. 1 box of clay pigeon pieces, clay pigeon dismantled by a Saiga Shotgun

E. 1 large melon in multiple pieces and of past ripe age, type to be determined **

F. 1 small to medium sized animal of the winners choice** dispatched with a Saiga

** Shipping to be paid up front in full by winner. Shipping will largely depend on the choice of rotten fruit available to our shooter and the exact animal chosen by our winner. Shipping may very from $15 for a rotten grape and a dragonfly up to $205 for a Watermelon and Armadilla.

PSS this is a serious poll. I'm sure the RAA management team will be checking in on this regularly, so no goofing off or kidding around. I've done my best to keep it serious and professional and I expect no less from my fellow board members!

Edited by kmoore

I hope they get the respect they deserve and are priced accordingly. I consider them to be the best performing shotguns on the market and not just a good gun for the money like they started out as. They have gained quite a reputation amoung those who have actually used one. Their use by the military should speak for itself. It is without question that they are the most reliable mag fed shotgun if not the most reliable shotgun period. People pay out the ass for Benelli and Browning ...and for what? The AK action has proved itself for over 50 yrs to be totally reliable and simple enough for even a dimwit to work on (not naming names). I can tell you one thing for sure. If you see one of my S-12s on the auction block it will not be for less than $666.66! :devil:

The idea of an AK being in the 500 to 600 dollar price range is nuts you can get a base line AR-15 NIB for $600.00 (Olympic Arms). So the Idea of AK's running in that price range is crazy people will gravitate to the AR over the AK if it's only 100 bucks between the two. I think AK shotguns will be priced between the Saiga 7.62x39 and the Saiga 308. Around $375 for a NIB Saiga 12 at your local gun shop.

You guys have to understand that the CDNN price was a blowout, 'remaining stock buyout' price. Before CDNN bought out the remaining EAA stock, Saigas were $300-$350 wholesale.

To say that the new importers prices will be cheaper or par with CDNN is totally wishful thinking.

I'll bet $500 worth of US greenbacks to any takers that wholesale prices of S12's WILL NOT be below $300, more likely $325-$400.

But if anyone thinks that they'll actually be below $300, i'll bet otherwise.

Mr. McUzi,

I dissagree with you, in my mind the stonge point of the AK it the fact it's Cheap and reliable. If you start putting in the price range of Remingtons Mossberg and other semi autos the the unly saiga losses it's charm. As a gun buyer what would most people buy the pretty Mossberg semi auto or the ugly Saiga? So it's my contention that the saigas will be much less than other semi auto's. Feel free to differ with me. But we shall see if RAA ever starts selling them.

The idea of an AK being in the 500 to 600 dollar price range is nuts

Arsenal SAM-7, SAM-5, SLR-105A1R, etc, Bulgarian AKS-74 kit builds on US receivers (ORF, Atlantic Firearms, etc), Krebs custom rifles, and most Saiga-12 conversions are all in that price range or higher, and people don't seem to have a problem shelling out for them.

For my $600.00, I think I'd rather have a top-quality AK than a bottom-feeder AR.

Edited by shooter2
Mr. McUzi,

I dissagree with you, in my mind the stonge point of the AK it the fact it's Cheap and reliable. If you start putting in the price range of Remingtons Mossberg and other semi autos the the unly saiga losses it's charm. As a gun buyer what would most people buy the pretty Mossberg semi auto or the ugly Saiga? So it's my contention that the saigas will be much less than other semi auto's. Feel free to differ with me. But we shall see if RAA ever starts selling them.

Topmaul

Why do you doubt RAAC?

The idea of an AK being in the 500 to 600 dollar price range is nuts you can get a base line AR-15 NIB for $600.00 (Olympic Arms). So the Idea of AK's running in that price range is crazy people will gravitate to the AR over the AK if it's only 100 bucks between the two.

Have you seen the price of ak's?

4-1200 bucks now days!

http://207.176.137.9/shop/shopdisplayprodu...2&cat=AKM+Rifle

Joeken isn't exorbitant for where the market is.

I kind of knew that I would get some flack by for my last post. I think the new Saiga's can be over priced that would hurt sales and I have seen those over priced AK's no thanks. AK is a great action for a shotgun and an assult rifle but $500 is too much for what you get. Yes I think they are over priced now.

People like me well, we are learning and shooting but we don't have an unlimited budget for a hobbie.

Of course untill RAA sells Saigas we don't know what the price will be, do we?

Let me ask you this do you shoot in competitions?

Edited by topmaul

The current AKs on the market are in the range of 500 to 600, but they are already 922R compliant.

Being that Saigas are not 922R compliant, and that the conversion cost at least $100 in labor and parts, we can see that the ceiling price of a Saiga will not be above $500.

The Saiga 12 is what we are talking about, not the 7.62. It is the only shotgun of it's kind in the world. Guys who love AKs will pay whatever it costs to get one. We have seen this already in the past few months. I took mine to the last two gun shows with a dowel and sign on it and people went nuts over it. Even the guys at the Arsenal booth who make some of the finest AKs you can get here were practically drooling. I know mine is heavily modified but it's still the same platform. Lots of people stopped me and wanted to know what the heck that was, "some kind of heavy barrel aK?", and where could they find one to convert themselves.

:smoke:

Edited by Cobra 76 two
The current AKs on the market are in the range of 500 to 600, but they are already 922R compliant.

Being that Saigas are not 922R compliant, and that the conversion cost at least $100 in labor and parts, we can see that the ceiling price of a Saiga will not be above $500.

Realize that the price that the converted AK's are going at is based on the pricing of the base gun from the prior distribitor. So, if the price goes down (hey, theoretically it's possible) then the converted guns will go down roughly the same, otherwise too many other folks will undercut the pricing on the conversion process.

My point is ... rather than being capped by the price of the conversion, the conversion price will move with the price of the base shotty.

All IMHO, YMMV and all that jazz.

• 4 months later...

I'm bumping up my old poll. Note that in Sept 05 we thought the shotties were almost here.

I'll start the 1 month clock starting from the time they arrive and check pricing, but I'm wondering if these will sell out so fast they don't make it to the auction sites?

The Saiga 12 is what we are talking about, not the 7.62. It is the only shotgun of it's kind in the world. Guys who love AKs will pay whatever it costs to get one. We have seen this already in the past few months. I took mine to the last two gun shows with a dowel and sign on it and people went nuts over it. Even the guys at the Arsenal booth who make some of the finest AKs you can get here were practically drooling. I know mine is heavily modified but it's still the same platform. Lots of people stopped me and wanted to know what the heck that was, "some kind of heavy barrel aK?", and where could they find one to convert themselves.

I second that. When I unveiled mine on new years eve to guys that had never seen one, it was a fuckin circle jerk. They talked about it till the friggen ball dropped! Nobody ever reacted that way to any other gun I own. I was shooting nitro steel, and my friend said it sounded like an anti aircraft gun,because of the long draw.

It is certainly in a class by its self.

I agree with topmaul. The beauty of the AK is 1) reliable and 2) CHEAP (and easy) to build. It's a inexpensive reliable gun. Period.

The genius of the AK is it's simplicity and loose tolerences....both of which keep the manufacturing costs in the basement.

Retail cost has nothing to do with reliabilty, it has to do with manufacturing costs. And the AK's manufacturing costs are well below the cost of a Benilli, 1100, or other. So no matter how good the Siaga 12 is, the manufacturing costs do not warrant Benelli prices.

Spend $600 on an AK-actioned shotgun? If I didn't already have one, yeah. But I'd be sick about overpaying.

I already have Saigas, so I don't need another that bad.

If they come in $300-350ish, I'll buy a couple more.

Before McUZI hammers me for being a cheapskate, I own well over $100K in transferable machineguns. So there goes that theory.

I just don't like paying too much for a product, and $600-700 for a $300 shotgun is nuts.

IMHO

Edited by snoopdogg

I second that. When I unveiled mine on new years eve to guys that had never seen one, it was a fuckin circle jerk. They talked about it till the friggen ball dropped! Nobody ever reacted that way to any other gun I own. I was shooting nitro steel, and my friend said it sounded like an anti aircraft gun,because of the long draw.

It is certainly in a class by its self.

+2

Everyone I show my bone stock Saiga to freakin loves it. Most have never even heard of it and when I pull out the mag and it's filled with 12 gauge shells, they freak. "That's a Shotgun!?" Hell Yeah it is. :super:

Saigas freakin rule.