• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

About two months ago I received my last "dream" firearm. . . one which I had commissioned to be built, and a firearm that I had owned briefly approximately fifteen years ago, but which I sold off when

So you've got (or will have) that kind of money?   How about becoming a "Contributor" to this forum, via donation.   That suggestion is equally extended to the rest of you "Member" status individu

DS Arms semi-auto RPD ($2,100). You can easily shoulder fire the thing and use it as a deer rifle if you want.   http://www.dsarms.co...tinfo/RPDRIFLE/  

Posted Images

limited you to 1 shot per 3-5 seconds?

There's 1 about an hour away that allows rapid fire but i'd rarely go that far.

i'm limited to 100 yards wet_eyes.gif

Wow man that SUCKS , must be too many Democrats in south beach...............

haha!

practical haha.gif

get the 1919, you might only be able to fire one shot per 3 seconds, but you'll still be the only one there with a 1919

haha.gif I was thinking the same n that's why the 1919 is still on my list. For the price of it n its ammo, I could get other fun cheaper, and even practical guns (haha); but then again its a 1919.

I kind of hate all of these options anger.gif ..at least this is a good problem

Those funds will be coming as a credit via a gun store owner/friend from a cashed in favor. I'm currently an employed kid with a shiny new master's degree, but once I start making a steady income I'll make a donation...by the way, u never mentioned your dream gun

About two months ago I received my last "dream" firearm. . . one which I had commissioned to be built, and a firearm that I had owned briefly approximately fifteen years ago, but which I sold off when I found myself in dire straits. An M1 Garand rifle.

I made a promise to my missus, "no more firearms". . . so procuring the M1 Garand was my last salute to my personal collection. wink.png

No more "dreaming" for this ole' dog.

CIMG4827.jpg

http://forum.saiga-1...246#entry735246

Sweet M1 Gary!

I'm building my dream Mossberg 500 right now ( about $1,300 into her). My brother-in-law picked up an M1 Springfield Garand in damn near factory from a guy three years ago for $600.00. I was with him at the guys house at the time when he was pilfering a bunch of weapons and magazines that he had. I was drooling over the Garand, and that day, he wanted $1,800.00 for it. My brother in law and I talked about it, and my magic number was $1,200.00. Derek called me a few months later and told me he bought it for me ( I owe him the money) for $1,000.00, and I was estatic about it. Derek then told me he didn't get it for a grand, he picked it up for $600.00!

He's holding it for me, and I just gotta send him the cash. It's definately in good hands with him. He's been with my sis for over 24 yrs. and is like a brother to me. Anywho, long story short, this is my dreamgun for under $2,500.00. Just no more room in my safe or hidey-holes.

$2,500.00 would be my down payment on a bolt action MacMillian .50.

Nice story..and as far .50 BMG goes, it costs too much to practice with plus i'm limited to 100 yard ranges

@Sunny...because of your avi n gun pics, there is drool all over my keyboard greedy.gif

A decked out .308 VEPR, or quality .308 AR comes to mind. Possibly a quality HK SP89/ MP5 clone (but these lead to tax stamps and more expensive add on's). I guess it all depends on what you've got already.

An MP5 clone is high on my list..maybe a CA94!

Izhmash Tigr...

I know that its better quality than a PSL (which I'm currently lusting for) but how much are they and where can I find them (I tried gunbroker and guns america)

OK! I'm going with a precision, mid range rifle with cheap ammo (less than .308).

The 2 that think that I've boiled it down to are:

Remington 700 in .223 (not sure which type) in an AICS stock, and good glass...Expensive set up, but nice.

AICSstock.jpg

Or a PSL with a POSP scope, and some purrrrrdy tiger wood (curly maple)

rhnlndright_600x.jpg

Edited by King Cash

Those are EXACTLY what i was considering earlier (check the first page pictures that I posted). But logically thinking, I dont see what an FS2000 or H&K SL8 can do that my Saiga 5.45 can't. So I figure that I'll go for a different type of rifle and get one of those later...still not 100% sure though

Edited by King Cash
  • 2 weeks later...

If I had $2,500 to spend at this point in time, I'd have to get a nice little crossbow, and either a Remington 700 SPS Varmint, or a Ruger Gunsite M77, and built them up just a little.

But that could, you know, change by lunchtime. The List is ever growing.

And also, gratz on the new purchase.

Edited by Reedus

Nice, pics when you get it please

I definitely will..I'll be ordering the rest of the parts for my S12 conversion too so I'll post pics of all 3 when I'm done.

If I had $2,500 to spend at this point in time, I'd have to get a nice little crossbow, and either a Remington 700 SPS Varmint, or a Ruger Gunsite M77, and built them up just a little.

But that could, you know, change by lunchtime. The List is ever growing.

And also, gratz on the new purchase.

I was thinking long and hard about a Rem. 700 and a bow of some sort (reusable ammo...I still might)!!..do you have a compound bow that you'd recommend (Damn The List)?

Thanks

Edit: my archery knowledge is limited to clothes hangers mated with a snapped rubber bands and pencils haha. And I guess that I wouldnt want to spend more than 300 or 400 (but I believe in quality so I guess that I'll save up if i have to).

Edited by King Cash

@Tony...Oh yea! I spent time looking at that and firearms like it and decided on the AES-10B for now...That's definitely on the list of guns that I'm getting this year though!

@Mr. Crowley & XD45...those both are great guns IMO (I'd probably pick the M14 with the Sage stock, out of the 2) but not right now because I'm not a fan of the .308's costs.

@Mr. Crowley & XD45...those both are great guns IMO (I'd probably pick the M14 with the Sage stock, out of the 2) but not right now because I'm not a fan of the .308's costs.

I cringe every time I see a "tactical" M1A. It's just a personal thing that I hate the way they look.

I called Classic Arms to place my order for an AES 10-B and a C-93 and they doen't have either in stock (even though their sites says different)!

I'm heart broken lol...anyone know where I can get them other than GB or Guns America?

wet_eyes.gif

Edited by King Cash

. . .

I made a promise to my missus, "no more firearms". . . so procuring the M1 Garand was my last salute to my personal collection. wink.png

No more "dreaming" for this ole' dog.

CIMG4827.jpg

http://forum.saiga-1...246#entry735246

Awwwww. . . shit! Earlier this week I decide to BREAK my promise. . . to myself as well as to my missus (no big friggen surprise that).

I contacted a custom builder, and he has agreed to build me a H&K94 clone 9mm carbine (pictured below, but with a few other 'tweaks'). The builder says 6 to 8 months to complete.

It doesn't really fit within this forum thread though. . . because the damned thing is estimated to run just over $3K. Ah well. . . life's just too damned short, no? laugh.png

post-4853-0-84541100-1334351387_thumb.jpg