I just recently converted a S308 16 inch. I put a modified G2 in it. It shot the first 50 rounds fine. After that the bolt carrier was getting stuck at the rear every couple rounds.. My guess is its getting hung up on the hammer. So i swapped out the g2 hammer for the stock one. I havnt tried to see if that fixed it. Every once an a while the trigger wouldnt reset either. I know it is not the BHO.

Any ideas? I cannot achieve this with hand cycleing at all.

Also on a side note my original safety does not work at all. What safety should I replace it with?

Thanks In advance

I'm 100 percent certain it's the US hammer, disconnector. that is why I don't even buy US made trigger parts, they can't even copy a decent trigger parts. I put enough non-critical parts in my AKs so I can use foreign trigger parts - and they all function perfectly and no "trigger slap"

Also on a side note my original safety does not work at all. What safety should I replace it with?

Any standard AK safety lever will work. The Saiga lever is too short, if you have any welding skills you could add the additional metal, or add bumps to the rear of the trigger where the safety engages. I just purchased a NOS Chinese safety and painted it to match, works fine.

Where did you get your trigger from? I got mine from Dinzag, and it was modified so that the safety worked properly (although I did have to grind a little of the added bump off, which he states is a possibility on the website). Everything else worked flawlessly. Maybe you need to polish a little on the hammer?

Hope this helps.

The spring legs are in the correct place on the trigger. I was thinking that maybe i stretched the hammer main spring out of spec when switching it in between hammers. Hopefully soon ill test it with the stock hammer. If that doesnt work then maybe swap in the stock disconnect. And if that doesn't work throw a bunch of lapping compound inside and cry. The G2 was purchased in a conversion package from css.

I know my ak74 safety works fine in my .308 but it will scratch a new shorter safety scratch on the receiver. Any way around that besides welding onto my stock one?

I appreciate the quick help you guys. I love this forum.

Keep the suggestions coming

Edited by Jbanda1213
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm 100 percent certain it's the US hammer, disconnector. that is why I don't even buy US made trigger parts, they can't even copy a decent trigger parts. I put enough non-critical parts in my AKs so I can use foreign trigger parts - and they all function perfectly and no "trigger slap"

Well we must have gone to the same school, because these are my exact thoughts. I shudder when I hear about people removing the EXCELLENT triggers from their Chinese MAK 90's for 922 compliance. I actually purchase these removed Chinese FCG's & put them in my AK's that have US FCG's. A US mag makes up for it. GARY N4KVE

Well we must have gone to the same school, because these are my exact thoughts. I shudder when I hear about people removing the EXCELLENT triggers from their Chinese MAK 90's for 922 compliance. I actually purchase these removed Chinese FCG's & put them in my AK's that have US FCG's. A US mag makes up for it. GARY N4KVE

I removed the FCG from my MAK but kept the Chinese hammer. There is literally no difference doing it that way. I did notice the G2 hammer was nowhere near as good. I've put something like ~500 through the combo USA/China group and it has worked everywhere as good as the original did before I converted it from thumbhole stock. I cant buy many types of mags due to legalities, so if I want to run surplus, it requires at least a few FCG parts (unless I want to start doing gas pistons and the what-nots). Eventually when I can collect enough parts to convert all my mags with additional compliance parts then maybe I'll put it back to factory FCG. With a Saiga though, you're kinda stuck. If you want a good trigger you HAVE to go elsewhere. That stock trigger is just...........diarrhea, to be blunt.

I got my parts from Dinzag. No fuss, no muss.. The conversion was FAST and EASY... Worth EVERY PENNY!!!!

Buy the parts from him, save your headaches for something else. :up:

I went from hating my saiga .308 to it being one of my all time FAVORITE Rifles,now!! YES!!! SERIOUSLY!!!

And after scoping it... its shooting 1" groups at 100 yards with my reloads... I couldn't ask for anything better than that from a .308 caliber AK platform!!!! :lol:

:smoke:

I've done six conversions (only one 308) that have cumulatively run multiple thousands of rounds and used the G2 on all of them with absolutely zero problems. The stock safety worked great before and after conversion on my 308 and my S12 ran everything I fed it flawlessly before and after. What am I doing wrong here?

It may sound crazy but sometimes I almost wish I'd have a problem just to break up the routine. All I can figure is that either I'm incredibly lucky or these guns just like me.

QFT.

I got my parts from Dinzag. No fuss, no muss.. The conversion was FAST and EASY... Worth EVERY PENNY!!!!

Buy the parts from him, save your headaches for something else. 032.gif

I went from hating my saiga .308 to it being one of my all time FAVORITE Rifles,now!! YES!!! SERIOUSLY!!!

And after scoping it... its shooting 1" groups at 100 yards with my reloads... I couldn't ask for anything better than that from a .308 caliber AK platform!!!! laugh.png

000.gif