In keeping with the current trend of refusing to accept self responsibility for absolutely anything, I feel the need to make the following statement.

It's not my fault that I turned out tacticool. I place the blame squarely on Topper for inventing the first mall ninja toy, the Johnny Seven. I was (semi) normal before that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPhZsauluXM

Edited by TacticoolTim
  • Like 3

OMG......I had one of those! I had actually forgotten about that until this video. How could i ever forget that?! *shame*

I think at the time I was more into cowboy and frontier toys, like Dan'l Boone stuff.

• Like 1

I remember when we used sticks as guns to play with. Then when we wanted to shoot, we would ask Daddy when he got home from work if he felt like it. He always seemed to be up for a little target practice with us. (one of the advantages to growing up on a 58,000 acre ranch) But that was back in the day when you did NOT mess with his guns because you were told not to. Amazing the change in seeral decades.

Edited by unclejake
  • Like 1

Back when we had real toys, can you even buy and erector set these days?

Go to Toy R Us and have a look at some of the "erector" type toy sets that are available now, they are pretty elaborate. I visisted TRU late last year and was pretty amazed at some of the things available.

Hobby shops usually have a more advanced selection.

• Like 1

Back when we had real toys, can you even buy and erector set these days?

Go to Toy R Us and have a look at some of the "erector" type toy sets that are available now, they are pretty elaborate. I visisted TRU late last year and was pretty amazed at some of the things available.

Hobby shops usually have a more advanced selection.

Thanks have to make trip for the grandkid

Looks like a bad ass toy!

You have no idea. Well, maybe you do but I assure you it was awesome at the time. A friend of mine (we were kids, remember) wanted to do a 21 gun salute for his house cat that had just died. I brought out my Johnny Seven and ran it 3 times. I'm sure the dearly departed cat was just as impressed as all my friends were, and they were floored!

• Like 1