should i trade a M70B & WASR for a milled MAK 90

500 rounds of what? Wolf? Bear? AE?

Tough call. On one end its 2 vs 1 but on the other hand the MAK is better then anything Century even with a butt hole stock. In fact they are actually high quality AKs

I have a MAK and would NEVER trade it for a WASR or a Century Yugo or both. MAKs are stamped but are 1.6mm thick. Some were milled.

Edited by Arik
  • Like 1

It's the milled mak with 386 in the oval, I am meeting tomorrow to trade. I have a 56s already and really like the Chinese ak's I was just afraid that the milled mak might not be worth what I have in my guns.

Milled are more rare and are well worth it imo. Just check gunbroker, Norincos and Chinese AKs in general are doing close to a G. They have a slant cut receiver so if youre changing the stock its gonna be a bit of a pita.

One MAJOR IMPORTANT thing is that some milled MAKs came in with the 3rd hole drilled for FA. They are usually just plugged with something that looks like an inverted rivet. This is a BIG NO NO and considered full auto by the ATF. If it has that RUN AWAY its illegal.

Edited by Arik

No more then Arsenals

I wouldnt call Century Yugo AK with sewer barrels and or US barrel and all tapco or worse furniture . Or WASRs with mag wobble and crappy furniture, spray paint finish "nice" they are however all functional

To de nuture change furniture, piston, break.

Edited by Arik

You have no idea of the operational state or function of his two AKs.

I've seen Chinese AKs that were clapped-out, sloppy junk. So therefore they all are? No, but I do think they've overrated, based on the "good" ones I've seen. I wouldn't trade two AKs for one (if they're good) unless I was a collector that needed to fill a Chinese gap.

Edited by mancat

I have never shot either of those, I just bought the yugo last week from a pawn shop and the wasr a couple months ago from another pawn shop. I have been collecting more then shooting lately, and these are the only ak's that I don't care to trade off, the others I plan on keeping.

They havent been imported in almost 20 years and they've been coming in since something like the late 70s. So what youre seing now is stuff that has had hard use or Bubba'd, sold, reBubba'd, sold and put through hard use. Also at one point Bwest was importing them as well as parts kits that they then put together here on sub par receivers and other parts. Also they were the most imported AK into the US to this day. So more lemon were bound to get in. A new or gently used Chinese AK is not easy to find.

Keep Yugo, trade WASR plus some cash

I tried that he wouldn't go for it, I also offered to buy it. I seen a few pics of his mak and its in great shape and has been taking care of.

post-659-0-60517000-1336693653_thumb.jpg

Edited by crowak

1. Do your basic quality checks

2. If its been well cared for or nearly safeQ

I would trade

If it were a very nice Yugo - which includes a classic war torn looking BFPU

I might hesitate, but you dont look to have anything uncommon there do you?

If you later regret the trade, what are you out besides 2 average guns you can replace anytime.

I bet the value increase over time will cover any possible technical dollar difference

Good Luck

harv

Depends if you're a shooter or collector. If you're collecting, make the trade. The milled MAK's are slowly coming into their own in the market, and basically it's just a neutered Polytech Legend. The 386 plant is supposedly the primo manufacturer of the Chinese variants. I regret selling mine, as it was one of the best shooting AK's I have owned, and the bolt cycled smoother than any other AK variant I have ever owned, built, handled, etc.... Make the trade, then put on the Ironwood stock, and if you can find it, the correct gas block. If there's enough meat, thread the barrel. Some of the MAK's had plenty of meat to thread the standard 14x1 LH., others were turned down too far.

Now, if you're a shooter, I would keep what you have.

I am into collecting at the moment, and traded today. I had almost $700 in my 2 and traded for the milled mak and 580 rounds of Tulammo ammo. The 2 I traded wasn't my only wasr and yugo but I don't have any milled ak's in my collection until now.

It cycles smoother then any AK I have ever owned, and has the best trigger too. I really want to change out the stock but I don't want to change the trigger group because its so smooth.

I know what you mean. All my Norincos have butter smooth aactions.

Pistol grip 1

Hand guards 1

Piston 1

Muzzle end 1

Stock 1

Change the follower and floor plate on a mag and your gtg

Edited by Arik